British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Good night for Coventry riders with their PL teams tonight.

King got another full max whilst Sarjeant got a paid max for Ipswich. This included a heat 15 5-1 from the pairing.

Garrity only dropped 1 point to an opposing rider in Sheffield's meeting against Edinburgh, scoring 12+2

Bates didn't have a great night in the same meeting.

Also a good away win for Coventry Storm yesterday at King's Lynn 👍🏻

King got another full max whilst Sarjeant got a paid max for Ipswich. This included a heat 15 5-1 from the pairing.

Garrity only dropped 1 point to an opposing rider in Sheffield's meeting against Edinburgh, scoring 12+2

Also a good away win for Coventry Storm yesterday at King's Lynn 👍🏻

IF we can keep the majority of this year's team I think we will have a good side next year. Garrity for example will be on a lower average than some of the other riders at his or below his level.

• Like 1

IF we can keep the majority of this year's team I think we will have a good side next year. Garrity for example will be on a lower average than some of the other riders at his or below his level.

Gotta be a doubt over whether we can keep KK if he qualifies for the GPs next season surely ?

Gotta be a doubt over whether we can keep KK if he qualifies for the GPs next season surely ?

Why?

Why?

Robobee, Jason Doyle's first yr in the GP's whilst at Leicester, we planned our home fixtures around the GP nights, and our night is GP night, your meetings at home are mainly Friday night's which is official practise day for the GP's, so I don't see why you could not do a similar thing??

Can you think why Cov couldn't do something similar for KK?

Edited by Shale Searcher

Robobee, Jason Doyle's first yr in the GP's whilst at Leicester, we planned our home fixtures around the GP nights, and our night is GP night, your meetings at home are mainly Friday night's which is official practise day for the GP's, so I don't see why you could not do a similar thing??

Can you think why Cov couldn't do something similar for KK?

Harris hasn't had any clashes this year as the Friday before each GP meeting have been storm meetings instead

if they keep this team they will Finish in the same position
  • Like 3

Or even lower if the other two up their game...!!!

• Like 1

If you properly read what I posted you'd realise I said majority not all.

Possibly but fixture wise GPs wouldn't be a problem. Would depend if he still wants 3 leagues. Edited by woz01

If you properly read what I posted you'd realise I said majority not all.

Possibly but fixture wise GPs wouldn't be a problem. Would depend if he still wants 3 leagues.

Exactly my point - would he want to do 3 leagues and the GPs ???

Exactly my point - would he want to do 3 leagues and the GPs ???

He has done in the past.

Also a good away win for Coventry Storm yesterday at King's Lynn

King and Sarjeant were both very quick last night , usual jump start in one race by Sarjeant (marginal IMO lol ) apart from that quick away from the tapes . King got outgated twice by Wells but had so much speed was easily past him .

Danny currently looking unbeatable round foxhall .

• Like 1

He has done in the past.

Hmmm, will be am interesting one as not many riders will commit to that many leagues when in GP.

Words from Bates on his final meeting of the season for Coventry.

Bates said "I wasn't making the starts tonight, but the engine Ive got from Brian Karger is working really well around here at the moment.

Im happy to get double figures again especially as its my last meeting at home, but I really want to be back here next year well have to see what Mick Horton says!

This has been the best Elite League club Ive ridden for, everyone in the club has been good and Ive really enjoyed the season.

• Like 1

Words from Bates on his final meeting of the season for Coventry.

Bates said "I wasn't making the starts tonight, but the engine Ive got from Brian Karger is working really well around here at the moment.

Im happy to get double figures again especially as its my last meeting at home, but I really want to be back here next year well have to see what Mick Horton says!

This has been the best Elite League club Ive ridden for, everyone in the club has been good and Ive really enjoyed the season.

I said at the start of the season he would improve as it goes on and he's certainly done that. We should have him back if possible.