British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Just remember that titles aren't won on paper but on the track

I don't think I said anything about winning titles and we all know that some teams perform above expectations and some below. It's too early to form an opinion about who will finish where in the league until all of the teams are known.

On balance I think Belle Vue are as strong as last season. Boxall is a better rider than Nielsen and will score as many points more than Stefan as Richie may score less than Josh. Add to that the likely improvement from Cook and Fricke and they could even be stronger.

I agree Boxall is stronger than Nelson but don't think Richie Worrall will score as many as Grajczonek but as Belle Vue were a top 4 team in 2015, that stands them in good stead for 2016. For example another top 4 team Coventry seem a lot weaker for 2016!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

On balance I think Belle Vue are as strong as last season. Boxall is a better rider than Nielsen and will score as many points more than Stefan as Richie may score less than Josh. Add to that the likely improvement from Cook and Fricke and they could even be stronger.

How long shall we give Boxall before he bails out? Mid April I reckon.

• Like 1

You could be right but then again. ... I prefer to be an optimist life is so much better that way and the shocks no greater if things go wrong.

Depends on how soon he runs out of cash and starts selling sponsored parts/bikes.

• Like 1

Jeremy Heaver on the Save Coventry Speedway page says they are not quite ready to announce new site but still intend to start 2017 at the new stadium.

I really do hope so but they are going to find it difficult to finalise a deal for the land, draw up plans, submit them for planning permission, allow time for any hiccups and objections and then get the stadium built all within about 16 months.

Belle Vue have replaced Josh G with Ritchie Worrall and signed Steve Boxhall, so in my eyes they are weaker than last year and didn't win the league so why would they win the league now

Perhaps because Poole look a fair bit weaker than last year?

Jeremy Heaver on the Save Coventry Speedway page says they are not quite ready to announce new site but still intend to start 2017 at the new stadium.

Yeah.....right. We'll see.

Yeah.....right. We'll see.

Seems a very tight timeframe.

Edited by woz01

That's an impossible timeframe unless we are on a priority pass for planning permission with no neighbours for 5 miles.

And Nick knowles as construction manager.

• Like 4

Nice words of support from Leicester Lions fan Dave Burton on the Facebook 'Save Coventry Speedway' page.

Pillock. :lol:

"from a leicester lions fan

it will be so so sad when brandon closes
not only has it witnessed some diabolical decisions
but also we will lose a fantastic team in coventry speedway NOT!!!!!
NOW YOU ALL KNOW HOW WE ALL FELT WHEN CHARLES OCHILTREE SOLD LEICESTER LIONS OUT
WHAT CAN I SAY EXCEPT WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND
KARMA OR WHAT!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL FROM A TEAM ................WITH A TRACK
THE LEICESTER LIONS !!!!!"

Nice words of support from Leicester Lions fan Dave Burton on the Facebook 'Save Coventry Speedway' page.

Pillock. :lol:

"from a leicester lions fan

it will be so so sad when brandon closes

not only has it witnessed some diabolical decisions

but also we will lose a fantastic team in coventry speedway NOT!!!!!

NOW YOU ALL KNOW HOW WE ALL FELT WHEN CHARLES OCHILTREE SOLD LEICESTER LIONS OUT

WHAT CAN I SAY EXCEPT WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

KARMA OR WHAT!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL FROM A TEAM ................WITH A TRACK

THE LEICESTER LIONS !!!!!"

Sadly Gemini , there are a good few embarassments to Leicester Speedway who make posts like this , the worst of them though for me , are the ones who knew nothing about speedway until beaumont park opened it's gates , but still quote the Ochiltree took away our stadium and other assorted untrue myths , I would like to say it's a small minority of idiots but i'm afraid it's not .

Sadly Gemini , there are a good few embarassments to Leicester Speedway who make posts like this , the worst of them though for me , are the ones who knew nothing about speedway until beaumont park opened it's gates , but still quote the Ochiltree took away our stadium and other assorted untrue myths , I would like to say it's a small minority of idiots but i'm afraid it's not .

It's still a minority. I assure you most of us don't hold the same desire to see the end of Coventry. Don't tar us all with the same brush, I've been threatened by a Coventry fan at a meeting (for cheering a Leicester rider passing), I don't hold it against all Coventry fans

• Like 1