British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

I think the crowd at Brandon today would have been as good as some league matches last season

That's good wish I could of made it but I'm stuck at home after a hip operation this week.

That's good wish I could of made it but I'm stuck at home after a hip operation this week.

hang in there mate I had a new hip in 2012 best thing I ever done the pain just disappeared best of luck

Hope your operation went well 👍🏻

• Like 1

great finale, if only speedway was like this today!!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G7KXlvgTAA

Those were the days.

• Like 1

Those were the days.

Ok, so put those races in front of a 1300/1500 gate instead of 5000+ with just a scattering of fans on back straight and corners. Take away the Dave Lanning commentary, grass, Ole Olsens interviews with Gary Newbon, replace the race suits with leather, and swap out the uprights for laydowns, and it isn't that much difference to today..

• Like 1

Ok, so put those races in front of a 1300/1500 gate instead of 5000+ with just a scattering of fans on back straight and corners. Take away the Dave Lanning commentary, grass, Ole Olsens interviews with Gary Newbon, replace the race suits with leather, and swap out the uprights for laydowns, and it isn't that much difference to today..

the race suits probably were leather and you have taken every thing away that made it a great spectacular I was there great meeting

I don't think the expression 'doubling up / down' was in use back then.

• Like 1

the race suits probably were leather and you have taken every thing away that made it a great spectacular I was there great meeting

I meant Kevlars, my mistake.... Should have read "replace the leather race suits with Kevlars"

It seems like a very respectful service. However, if Brandon is going to be bulldozed and houses built (if that is indeed what happens), does that mean that his ashes will need to be dug up again or were they just scattered on the startline?

Wonderful and fitting finale to a truly great servant of our sport. Little boy blue touched many people with his genuine and friendly approach to life. He led by example and helped everyone who asked...........What a pity there isn't more like him...

Lovely to see some of the former greats gathered to pay their respect..... Brilliant..........

• Like 5

It seems like a very respectful service. However, if Brandon is going to be bulldozed and houses built (if that is indeed what happens), does that mean that his ashes will need to be dug up again or were they just scattered on the startline?

I don't think the ashes were actually scattered but were buried in a container where the old start line used to be, but I could be wrong. :unsure: I'm sure I read somewhere this bit won't be affected by any building work, but I don't know how they work that one out.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1