British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

How have we ended up with two riders who were both tier 2 riders last year when other teams have the likes of Newman and Howarth!

Shocking choice

sarjaent, bates and garrity at coventry. that is pretty scary.

• Like 1

How have we ended up with two riders who were both tier 2 riders last year when other teams have the likes of Newman and Howarth!

Shocking choice

Who has Howarth?.

Bates good at Brandon, not sure away. Could we not have protected Barker? Looking weaker than last season.

Looking much weaker when you look at other reserve pairings.

Won't Sheffield also get priority over Bates so will mean him missing meetings?

Not sure how Sarjeant will cope with the pressure of being our main reserve when he struggled at times with Garrity there

Who has Howarth?.

Wolves

Means Garrity now in team. Unless we bag a top number one, I fear a season of making up the numbers. No top reserve to bail us out this time.

Means Garrity now in team. Unless we bag a top number one, I fear a season of making up the numbers. No top reserve to bail us out this time.

Let's hope we still have Garrity although will miss him at reserve.

Big risk having one reserve who is always going through the tapes and another who comes off a lot esp when other teams have riders at reserve who can be match winners on their day

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

Are we going PL?!

I have to say I was very shocked. I have it as 6.34 used by the reserves. They have a lot to play with for the top 5 but have they got a plan to get close to the limit?

Looking much weaker when you look at other reserve pairings.

Won't Sheffield also get priority over Bates so will mean him missing meetings?

Not sure how Sarjeant will cope with the pressure of being our main reserve when he struggled at times with Garrity there

Wolves

Good for Kyle as he had a lower Premier League average than a few who were in the draft last season & deserves help.

It would makes sense if they have a team pretty much nailed on that would get us close to the limit but I don't see how unless we sign someone like Doyle.

Have we learnt nothing in the last 2 seasons? A strong reserves = a good team. So we have two pretty average reserves. Great. It's not as if we're likely to use the points in the 1-5 unless we pull off a couple of great signings but I can't see any of Iversen, Doyle or Pedersen signing.

It would makes sense if they have a team pretty much nailed on that would get us close to the limit but I don't see how unless we sign someone like Doyle.

Chris Harris has said a couple of days ago on Twitter that Horton has still not been in touch, which may mean either we have not got a team in place or if we have then Mick hadn't included Harris which would be madness

That's got to be a wind up. Sarjeant and Bates? When Wolves have Howarth and Clegg? Somebody definitely trying to wind you up.

Edited by John Leslie
  • Like 2