British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

They are NOT being penalised. They used to get a concession, now they're treated the same as everyone else. The people who were penalised were the people who have always paid adult price and never got a concession. Oh yay for being 25, can't afford to buy a house, can't afford to go to speedway. But if you're an OAP you own your home, got on multiple holidays a year AND get cheap speedway.

Why is everything in this country aimed at giving OAPs a cheap or free ride?! Let them pay the same as everyone else.

Why are we getting a cheap ride I pay the same bills as you I bought my house the same as you paid for it all my life paid my taxes the same as you are never been on the dole or claimed of the government .I didn't get child tax allowance or help to bring up my kids I don't go on multiple holidays how do you know what my or any other oaps circumstances are don't start preaching about something you know nothing about rant over
  • Like 2

Why are we getting a cheap ride I pay the same bills as you I bought my house the same as you paid for it all my life paid my taxes the same as you are never been on the dole or claimed of the government .I didn't get child tax allowance or help to bring up my kids I don't go on multiple holidays how do you know what my or any other oaps circumstances are don't start preaching about something you know nothing about rant over

Says the person thats just made a load of assumptions :D Hilarious :D

And you paid your taxes for services. Not to get a discount on speedway.

For Christ sake.

It's an undeniable fact that under 35s have lower disposable income than over 65s (feel free to prove me wrong). Its undeniable that under 35 unemployment is higher in the last 5 years that it has been for a long time.

How many OAPs do you think fought for this country? We were last at war in 1945, thats 70 years ago. Lets assume you went to war at 15, thats means you have to be 85. How many 85 year old are there at speedway? The reality most OAPs did NOT fight for this country.

They have contributed as much as the OAPS have. you know, the ones who have left the country buggered. It sure as hell isn't the under 35s who have left the country in a financial mess is it? When did the rubbish hit the fan? 2007, so it was going on in the years leading up to that, so about 2000 to 2007 yes? That means if you were 18 in 2000-2007 you are now circa-35. So no, it's not the under 35 who have ruined the country, caused mass-unemploymenta, caused house prices to reach catastrophic highs.

Last at war when? Weren't we at war in 1982 in the Falklands? And what about the Iraq invasion in 1990/91?

There are certainly some OAP's amongst those who fought got their country in those wars.

• Like 1

Last at war when? Weren't we at war in 1982 in the Falklands? And what about the Iraq invasion in 1990/91?

There are certainly some OAP's amongst those who fought got their country in those wars.

How many people did we send to the Falklands and Iraq? And a lot of them will still be adults rather than OAPs. If we want to give our armed forces a discount then have an armed forces discount like the Americans do. Don't give ALL OAPs a discount because some people went to war.

I'm not saying we should kill all old people, or they should be locked away. I'm just questioning why they get a discount. I just want them to pay the same as everyone else. I could understand if we all had so much money giving them a discount but we don't. We're a country that while not in recession is not in good shape so rather than discounting OAPs passtimes should they not be paying the same as everyone else?

I personally think, £16.00 admission, plus travelling, plus programme, plus refreshments, per person, is difficult for most people to afford, OAP or not. But then, the costs of speedway for the riders, promoters and fans has been fully discussed many times over on the forum and nothing changes.

How many people did we send to the Falklands and Iraq? And a lot of them will still be adults rather than OAPs. If we want to give our armed forces a discount then have an armed forces discount like the Americans do. Don't give ALL OAPs a discount because some people went to war.

I'm not saying we should kill all old people, or they should be locked away. I'm just questioning why they get a discount. I just want them to pay the same as everyone else. I could understand if we all had so much money giving them a discount but we don't. We're a country that while not in recession is not in good shape so rather than discounting OAPs passtimes should they not be paying the same as everyone else?

So what are you saying about students getting discounted admission you didn't mention that .You take a lot of sense most of the time Shawn but this time you are talking a lot of ******** Edited by kingbee
  • Like 2

Let's be grateful for small mercies :D

• Like 4

I'm an old person, been watching since the 1950s, these days I can't afford to go to many meetings and I can't afford to go legit with BT. Removing pensioner discounts could arguably be fair, but so could dropping the prices for everyone. Speedway is far too expensive for what it is, if it couldn't manage on lower prices, it should cut it's own running costs or go part-time.

• Like 1

I'm an old person, been watching since the 1950s, these days I can't afford to go to many meetings and I can't afford to go legit with BT. Removing pensioner discounts could arguably be fair, but so could dropping the prices for everyone. Speedway is far too expensive for what it is, if it couldn't manage on lower prices, it should cut it's own running costs or go part-time.

What is it though and what would you pitch it against?

So what are you saying about students getting discounted admission you didn't mention that .You take a lot of sense most of the time Shawn but this time you are talking a lot of ********

Well owing to the fact people have to stay in education now until 18, I think it'd be unfair to charge them the same as someone earning a wage or with a pension. Those who are in university are never going to be earning much and they can't even claim tops (like tax credits etc) so they need some sort of help. They have not made life choice that prevent them paying full price.

IMO, most (not all!) OAPs who cannot afford full price speedway it's because of life choices. They didn't plan for their retirement. Students are in no position to same and plan for being a student by virtue of becoming one by law at the age of 4 and not legally being allowed to work before then!

My point, quite simply is if your life choice mean you can't afford something, then reconsider your life choice. If you life choice is to be a scrounger, then don't complain you can't afford speedway. If your life choice is to be a stay at home mum, don't complain you can't afford speedway. If your life choice is to work in Australia, don't complain you can't afford to travel every week to watch speedway. If you life choice is to be retired and spend your money one something else, don't complain that an extra £2 every week means you can't afford speedway! And frankly, I doubt the £2 extra OAPs are being asked for every other week is going to leave them poor, cold or starving. It's £2!! It almost seems silly arguing this from either side over such a trivial amount.

Let's be grateful for small mercies :D

I leave that for people who disagree with me. Especially on such important matters as a McDonalds breakfast!

Other very minority sports.

What sports and what do they charge? The prices for something like stock car racing are pretty comparable to those charged at most speedway tracks.

For Christ sake.

It's an undeniable fact that under 35s have lower disposable income than over 65s (feel free to prove me wrong). Its undeniable that under 35 unemployment is higher in the last 5 years that it has been for a long time.

How many OAPs do you think fought for this country? We were last at war in 1945, thats 70 years ago. Lets assume you went to war at 15, thats means you have to be 85. How many 85 year old are there at speedway? The reality most OAPs did NOT fight for this country.

They have contributed as much as the OAPS have. you know, the ones who have left the country buggered. It sure as hell isn't the under 35s who have left the country in a financial mess is it? When did the rubbish hit the fan? 2007, so it was going on in the years leading up to that, so about 2000 to 2007 yes? That means if you were 18 in 2000-2007 you are now circa-35. So no, it's not the under 35 who have ruined the country, caused mass-unemployment, caused house prices to reach catastrophic highs.

biased opinion.

I know plenty of OAP's who fought in the wars and still go to speedway. My dad for one. It's not for me to tell you that you have little respect for you're elders.

So what are you saying about students getting discounted admission you didn't mention that .You take a lot of sense most of the time Shawn but this time you are talking a lot of ********

:t:

• Like 1

What sports and what do they charge? The prices for something like stock car racing are pretty comparable to those charged at most speedway tracks.

They get bigger crowds and can get away with it.