British Speedway Forum

Apparently the Leicester meeting starts at 1pm so there would, theoretically, be time to do both. Doubt Mr Bates is that bothered about it clashing with Belle Vue, it will be Leicester's ticket sales that will suffer rather than Sheffield's

Cue Ball - No chance could you do Leicester and then go Belle Vue without missing racing as Leicester will be done by 2:45 then good 2hrs 30 up to Manchester plus trying to find parking up there with huge crowd ,especially as its Sat lunch time won't be able to park near Leicester track so probably 15min walk back to car then traffic out of Leicester and into Manchester

This is why so many Leicester fans are annoyed as many have brought tickets for Belle Vue and many more want to go until Leicester have this silly idea to run at 1pm

• Like 1

I concede it doesn't leave a lot of time... But on a 2.45 finish it gives you 3 hours 15 and realistically a bit longer because belle vue won't start bang on 6pm by the time they do presentations etc. That said if I was a Leicester fan with a ticket I would be peeved

i really don't think it is Sheffield promotions problem that Leicester is running on that date thats down to the poor promotion at Leicester, its the Leicester fans that should be annoyed, Sheffield have a opening meeting at Owlerton against a Elite league club on their normal race day and normal race time so in my view the Sheffield promotion have done quite well there, local team for fans to travel to Sheffield, should be a decent meeting depending on who Leicester put in their team. Plus i think Sheffield will win

i really don't think it is Sheffield promotions problem that Leicester is running on that date thats down to the poor promotion at Leicester, its the Leicester fans that should be annoyed, Sheffield have a opening meeting at Owlerton against a Elite league club on their normal race day and normal race time so in my view the Sheffield promotion have done quite well there, local team for fans to travel to Sheffield, should be a decent meeting depending on who Leicester put in their team. Plus i think Sheffield will win

I don't think there is any more that could be added to thoughts regarding the fixture for Sheffield fans other than that some may have already have tickets for Belle Vue.

Poor planning by the Leicester Promotion, where they seem to have put themselves up against the opening of what is to be the new National stadium, could be a costly lesson to learn.

Can we win, not particularly bothered as long as we are competitive and give the Lions a run for their money.

Edited by spin king

This week's SS reports that Ashley Birks has retired and is not just taking a year out.

Such a shame if true
  • Like 1

Re fixtures, any one know what Sunday 15th May is reserved for?, and are we getting PLRC this year?

league cup? scunny have that date reserved too

Sunday is a regular racing day for Scunny. Years since Sheffield staged a match on Sunday.

Re fixtures, any one know what Sunday 15th May is reserved for?, and are we getting PLRC this year?

The date is meant to be reserved for an away fixture, not home, and yes, Sheffield are getting the PLRC again, in early September.

• Like 1

will stead be fast tracked into the final ?

So, with Jason Garrity set to miss the first two home LC matches on 31st March and 7th April against Peterborough and Scunthorpe, due to Coventry riding at Swindon and Kings Lynn, and with only Redcar currently scheduled to race on those nights at home versus Newcastle and Workington respectively, it shouldn't be too difficult to find suitable replacements.