British Speedway Forum

Re fixtures, any one know what Sunday 15th May is reserved for?, and are we getting PLRC this year?

The date is meant to be reserved for an away fixture, not home, and yes, Sheffield are getting the PLRC again, in early September.

Re 15 May, clearly shown on website as a home reserved date. Still think there is potentially something for that date. Could the PLRC be early this year?. Any speculation anyone?

Re 15 May, clearly shown on website as a home reserved date. Still think there is potentially something for that date. Could the PLRC be early this year?. Any speculation anyone?

Glasgow v Redcar (KOC), Newcastle v Somerset (PL) & Peterborough v Rye House (PL) all showing as fixtures on Sunday 15th May.

All clubs have to keep an open date in case they progress in the tournaments. Both Sheffield and Scunny have listed this particular Sunday for theirs. As they'll presumably both be in same section, only one -- maybe neither -- will use the date.

Tigers are being quite cute, reserving a Sunday -- it'll mean they don't have to blank off a Thursday night 'just in case'....

Just seen you did, yeh........didn't scroll back, was just having a quick look. I notice the 11th is reserved.

Just seen you did, yeh........didn't scroll back, was just having a quick look. I notice the 11th is reserved.

Final round of Polish Division 1 fixtures scheduled for 11th September which may rule out a few of the PL riders contracted to Polish League 1 clubs from that date, with currently only Gdansk not scheduled to ride that day.

(Polish League 1 play-off matches then scheduled for the next four Sundays up to 9th October)

• Like 1

Team been sorted for a few weeks ,but still o news about team manager I think Its between Ash Birks JackLee or Eric Boocock cant see anybody else who would fit the bill, because this team will take some handling its a good one with some large egos in it,should be hard to angel i think, We might get a surprise and get somebody we have not thought about ,come on Damien give us a clue,Jack Lee was the first real manager we had for years so lets find out just who we are getting

• Like 1

if this team rides like it should , you wont need a T.M. a monkey could do it . eric boocock , are you sure ?

Im not sure what the big thing is about a team manager, do they really do much??, odd tactical reserve switch here and there and maybe throw in a back and white away from home, not much else really, heat 15's pick themselves based on top scorers normally, its not like the team manager tells them how to ride the bike.

Thought Jack Lee did a great job last year, hopefully he'll get it again this season

• Like 2

Team been sorted for a few weeks ,but still o news about team manager I think Its between Ash Birks JackLee or Eric Boocock cant see anybody else who would fit the bill, because this team will take some handling its a good one with some large egos in it,should be hard to angel i think, We might get a surprise and get somebody we have not thought about ,come on Damien give us a clue,Jack Lee was the first real manager we had for years so lets find out just who we are getting

Doug Wyer?

• Like 1

STAARS - Thursday 11th February 2016

All Tigers Fans,

The next of the monthly STAARS gatherings this closed season will be on Thursday 11th February 2016 at the New Barrack Tavern Pub on Penistone Road, Sheffield (0.5 mile south of Owlerton Stadium) from 7:30pm.

As always it's a chance for Tigers fans, riders and management to catch up, have a chat and a few drinks from the NBT's excellent selection and hear any news/updates from the club during the silly season.

All are welcome !!!

• Like 1