British Speedway Forum

If you are from the "use our assets at all possible times" school you would.

If you are from the "use our assets at all possible times" school you would.

But if you want a winning team challenging at the top then we best sign best team possible ! I do like Paco but he not ready to help us to a title.

• Like 1

But if you want a winning team challenging at the top then we best sign best team possible ! I do like Paco but he not ready to help us to a title.

What other 3 pointer shall we use then? Personally I'd say Paco deserves a chance at reserve next season, I think he was put in a tough position last season and didn't have the full opportunities that others had who started the season in March. Bit of a risk, but one I'd say is worth taking.

• Like 2

What other 3 pointer shall we use then? Personally I'd say Paco deserves a chance at reserve next season, I think he was put in a tough position last season and didn't have the full opportunities that others had who started the season in March. Bit of a risk, but one I'd say is worth taking.

Fully agree

Can someone answer my earlier question ?

Just why would you have Castagna in next years team ?

I just got the chance to register here by my nephew, and i started reading to some posts. I like the Sheffield team and i think Castagna had a difficult time to come at the second half of the season.

I watched him at Sheffield few times and at Peterborough and i think he has good potential. And also can gate when he is on his day. He is totally new to the league and i think that its difficult to score 10-11pt straight away!

that will never happen as a team Schlien cannot double up castagna won't be back,

Also risky move would be to have him after such injury. Why not Castagna in the team? IMO he can improve he's average a lot if he will be on the starting team.

Unambitious Sheffield fans shocker :rofl:

Where's your suggestions then? Let's be realistic, if we're gonna run with Stead, Kurtz or Garrity we're going to have to run with weaker reserve. More than likely two 3 pointers. Edinburgh have run all season without a stellar reserve pairing and have one of their best seasons. I can't see how a pairing of Arthur & Paco is that bad of a sacrifice to strengthen the rest of the team.

• Like 3

Where's your suggestions then? Let's be realistic, if we're gonna run with Stead, Kurtz or Garrity we're going to have to run with weaker reserve. More than likely two 3 pointers. Edinburgh have run all season without a stellar reserve pairing and have one of their best seasons. I can't see how a pairing of Arthur & Paco is that bad of a sacrifice to strengthen the rest of the team.

Do I need suggestions to back up my point, I am just saying surely we are more ambitious than signing Paco, The reason we got left behind for so many years was due to poor signings while other clubs showed ambition !

Do I need suggestions to back up my point, I am just saying surely we are more ambitious than signing Paco, The reason we got left behind for so many years was due to poor signings while other clubs showed ambition !

I'd say that's exactly what you need, that's if you actually want to bother proving your point...My point is are Branford and Clegg ambitious signings? You can't have it all with the points limit and Edinburgh proved it can work this season. One signing doesn't make a team, especially at reserve and if we can fill the rest of the spots with quality then we can afford to carry a rider like Paco. For me anyways if we could run with team of- 1.Kurtz 2.Bates 3.Proctor 4.Bellego/Jonas Andersen/Birks 5.Garrity 6.Sissis 7.Paco/Wajtknecht/Who'swinnin86's amazing rider who's on an average of 3.50 or less who'll win us the league - then we should do just fine.

I'd say that's exactly what you need, that's if you actually want to bother proving your point...My point is are Branford and Clegg ambitious signings? You can't have it all with the points limit and Edinburgh proved it can work this season. One signing doesn't make a team, especially at reserve and if we can fill the rest of the spots with quality then we can afford to carry a rider like Paco. For me anyways if we could run with team of- 1.Kurtz 2.Bates 3.Proctor 4.Bellego/Jonas Andersen/Birks 5.Garrity 6.Sissis 7.Paco/Wajtknecht/Who'swinnin86's amazing rider who's on an average of 3.50 or less who'll win us the league - then we should do just fine.

who said I know an amazing rider on a average of 3.5 or less, All I am saying is I don't think Paco would cut it for us regardless if I suggest an alternative or not !

Hopefully Taylor Poole will be considered also if he and Proctor do what is required this winter !

Edited by whoswinnin86

We have new people running Sheffield now, and they have plenty of ambition. We have had a load of bad luck with injuries and work permit problems. But the promoters still went out and signed rider's. We still made the playoffs, that was a good effort with all the problems we had. So i would wait until after the agm to see what the promoter's have to say. We should trust them to do a good job in assembling a good competitive team.

• Like 3

I think a lot will depend upon what the Conference brings as to who we have at reserve.

If they go for draft pick reserves or a reserve I think it could spell the end of Paco and Arthur as reserves at Sheffield.

If they don't then and with the likelihood that Simon Stead will be back on a massive 10.41 average we are going to have to be cute with who we choose as the reserve pairing.

I think Arthur started to show just before the injury what he could do, and Paco only did about 10 meetings and showed glimpses what he can do.

If Paco would have had a full season at the club I would have said leave him out but the fact that most meeting were rode at the very difficult number 2 position I would say give the guy a proper run at reserve.

• Like 1

Ok then lets go with someone we know wont score any points instead of an Ayres a Perry or Wajnecht(sp) who might score some points.

Edited by OILYRAG