British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Rye House Premier League Sunday 27th September 2015

The "Elite" League is looking for tracks to move up.

Kent

Dare I suggest! The Elite League are looking for more teams in 2016, so maybe George's announcement will be about this..... maybe a desperate Elite league have asked him to take the diamonds into the Elite League. If so, we will have to have help with bringing in upper tier riders as our PL team of second strings (And heatleader Steve Worrall) cannot compete. I know George is a committed PL promoter so maybe he has been asked to join EL and said no!

Personally I think we do not have the level of support for the "First" Division but I also think we do not have the level of support for the "Second" Division so maybe George will say we are to drop down to the "Third" Division

As a commited Newcastle fan, I will continue to pay each week regardless of which of the 3 divisions our team finds themselves in

• Like 1

Dare I suggest! The Elite League are looking for more teams in 2016, so maybe George's announcement will be about this..... maybe a desperate Elite league have asked him to take the diamonds into the Elite League. If so, we will have to have help with bringing in upper tier riders as our PL team of second strings (And heatleader Steve Worrall) cannot compete. I know George is a committed PL promoter so maybe he has been asked to join EL and said no!

Personally I think we do not have the level of support for the "First" Division but I also think we do not have the level of support for the "Second" Division so maybe George will say we are to drop down to the "Third" Division

As a commited Newcastle fan, I will continue to pay each week regardless of which of the 3 divisions our team finds themselves in

All about the team in the first or second - get a good team and you will get crowds. However I feel if they drop into the 3rd the doesn't matter what the team is the crowds won't go back IMHO. I have a sneaky feeling though we will be in the National League next year just a hunch based on the promotion not/willing/not able to put together a team to compete at the top end. Hope I'm wrong but we will ind out tomorrow.

Hmmm. I will guess at...

2 Assets in, one out and the robbing barstewards at the track shop to put a cup of tea up to £1.50. :)

A move to the National League would surely be unsustainable financially as the number of meetings would fall as would supporter numbers, and that may make paying the rent problematic to say the least. While I thoroughly enjoyed the Conference when we were in it, the thought of watching wobblers on dud equipment and away teams turning up with 4 riders would probably rule me out, certainly as a season ticket holder. Oh, and I thought I had seen the last of the all-action style of Tony Atkin.

I hope at the match tonight George comes on the mike early on and gives us the news whatever it may be