British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle 2016

To be honest we should have a strong reserve all season if tero drops down or Lewis stays there for the season. Not overly keen on kus great if he gates but doesn't seem to try otherwise although I will quite happily eat my words if he joins us and proves me wrong.

Neither was I, but changed my mind last year. Like Ludde at no 1 on 7.15 in 2014, Kus this past season has an average of 7.13 so he must score decent points somewhere as averages don't normally lie.

I can accept a couple of race wins at home every week, but will be extremely interested in meetings at big tracks like Sheffield, Peterborough and largish ones like Glasgow and Somerset, where he is usually a top scorer. That's if Kus doesn't blink before March 2016.

'Blink',,, is that some kind of code Dave ???,,, a suppose I would be happy (ish) if he is to become a Diamond,,, dunno how long for tho :(

Neither was I, but changed my mind last year. Like Ludde at no 1 on 7.15 in 2014, Kus this past season has an average of 7.13 so he must score decent points somewhere as averages don't normally lie.

I can accept a couple of race wins at home every week, but will be extremely interested in meetings at big tracks like Sheffield, Peterborough and largish ones like Glasgow and Somerset, where he is usually a top scorer. That's if Kus doesn't blink before March 2016.

Personally - I hope it is Kus. A very useful Rider in my opinion.

• Like 1

'Blink',,, is that some kind of code Dave ???,,, a suppose I would be happy (ish) if he is to become a Diamond,,, dunno how long for tho :(

In a standoff situation, like Poker, you don't 'blink' till you win.

In a standoff situation, like Poker, you don't 'blink' till you win.

ooh,,, its getting technical now Dave, is it like a 'shoot-out' in the westerns, poopoo, ???

• Like 1

ooh,,, its getting technical now Dave, is it like a 'shoot-out' in the westerns, poopoo, ???

Yes, but no popcorn. :P

Seems like we are in an Haverlock/English showdown ala. OK Coral. All I can say is - aim at his nuts, George, and failing that, the polished baseball bat could be an viable option.

• Like 2

If Redcar are doing their "transfer fee or no deal" thing with Matej Kus again, they've got a real nerve.

They've taken David Bellego from Berwick -- on loan!

Wot no Richie! In his absence I think the team needs a rider who can shoot from the tapes and can win a couple of races that way in every match even if he misses the gate and just manages a third place or so in his other heats. Kus is that kind of rider so imo we have a place for him

I would start with: -

1. Robert Lambert

2. Tero Aarnio

3. Matej Kus

4. Ludvig Lindgren

5. Steve Worrall

6. Lewis Rose

7. Danny Phillips

I think a highly rated 17yr old riding at number 1 could do with someone like a guru to keep him focussed. So why not Dave Rowland in that role Dave has done it before. Robert needs a minder imo if we want the best from him

If Redcar are doing their "transfer fee or no deal" thing with Matej Kus again, they've got a real nerve.

They've taken David Bellego from Berwick -- on loan!

Also Lasse Bjerre from Peterborough

Brian's always been a grumpy, selfish man, he does what he wants... In his head

Bellego and Bjerre were both available on loan. If Kus is not, then you can't sign him on loan - pretty simple but also Havvy snr is probably waiting to see if Proctor becomes available before allowing Kus to leave. Love the suddenly pro-Kus fan base emerging on Tyneside, has always received a lot of stick from the Greyhounds. I like Matey a lot but I cant see him liking Rough Park at all.

• Like 1

At first sight, matej hated the track, his actual words were 'this track should be illegal'