British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle 2016

My post was pointless because as you say the team isn't even complete yet. But 4 cracking signings so far - personally I am a Ludvig fan but the other 3 signings are great choices and getting RL is a great coup. 3 more signings that good and I am sure you and many others as well as some brand new fans will be along next year.

Why didn't you just say that in the first place - LL is pretty splt between a lot of people and I can appreciate that. Hopefully the next 3 signings aill be the final jigsaw as I agree there is a massive opportunity there if the right riders are brought in.

• Like 2

Never mind extra fans turning up to see him , will Robert Lambert turn up himself.

Well he didn't manage it at Glasgow in two attempts......

Robert Lambert and his no-show(s) etc

The lad is only now 17 yrs old. I wasn't dependable as a 16/17 yr old. My old mum if she was still with us would tell you how bad I was at everything apart from drinking and falling over!

Young Robert should be learning from any mistakes he has made. Signing for the Diamonds means he can draw a line under season 2015. Newcastle's promoters know what has gone before in Roberts short career and will no doubt have made their points clear to young Robert, otherwise they shouldn't be promoters!!

I am hopeful that he will settle down with us. He knows he is wanted by Newcastle we tried to bring him here last year and he wanted to come to Brough. So maybe he will be happier with the Diamonds next term.

I am old enough to remember the 4 riders Newcastle had who went on to be world champions. We need to make signings of prospects like Robert if we want to add to that tally.

So come on Robert, the world is your "Lobster" not very good with shelfish! :t:

• Like 1

'Drinking and falling over',,, shame it didn't make it to the Olympics :(

Team GB would've had some hero's, lol :)

'Drinking and falling over',,, shame it didn't make it to the Olympics :(

Team GB would've had some hero's, lol :)

I could go on Ruff.. Drinking, vomitting, falling over and making an idiot of myself. :drink: I think we sometimes forget that young riders are prone to a dodgy year or two. Its part of growing up. I am not suggesting that Robert has a drink problem like mine when I was his age. Just saying whatever Criticisms Peterborough fans are levelling at Lambert may relate to his young years and we are getting him a year wiser.

I hope Robert will silence his critics by riding like a champ in every official Newcastle fixture

Finally, someone who sees that speedway riders are human beings too, not just little robots that get turned off when they're not riding, who's to say Robert didn't have other issues outside of riding last year that were hindering his concentration, first year on the scene, first year out of education and in full time work, hardly easy, is it?

D2D,,, hope so

The promotion have done extremely well to capture his services, and shows that they mean what they said,,,

lets hope we can get some more numbers thru the door to make it sustainable :)

Perhaps the best thing to do with young Mr Lambert is go to the P & P watch him ride then take or buy some photos then you have something to look at when R/R is being used

Phillips and Rose named at reserve

Interesting, leaving 7.22 left for the last rider, but I don't think they would waste big points by making Rosen at 5.14 the last signing. Kus is 7.13 and is probably the nearest average, but Havvy could be difficult for it to happen.

Pleased Rose has signed, and I was told a couple of weeks ago he would not be with Ippy despite the hype that he would be. Phillips was always going to be favourite once Liam was forced to stay with Berwick. Known Danny and his family since his first switch over from MotoX to 125cc riding about 3 years ago. He has raced regularly raced meetings at Brough and second halfs, and is usually unbeaten against most of other current juniors. Decent around small tracks, he can be very good around a big track if he has a decent motor under him. A solid safe rider with steady development.

• Like 4

Says negotiations going well with final rider, hope its a newbie rather than Kus.... If richie is a no no

Must admit I have all along fancied a new assessed rider, if we have been tracking one and/or if Richie does join Glasgow. Swede or Dane ?

Very sorry for Simon who I think hasn't let us down. Another rider in poor form whose career picked up at Brough, like Mills, Schram, Lemon, Teo.

I wish him well at his new track.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 3

If Richie is Glasgow bound, his average will take up nearly half of what they have left, leaving them an awfully long tail,,,

Happy to see Rose back, and Danny Phillips also,,,

shame for Simon and Anton, they were getting going late in the season, but maybe too late,,,

I hope they get fixed up, and believe Anton is a bargain on his average :)

Looking a very good side. R Lambert was great at Peterborough and would love him back.

Good luck to him for the new season.

Adding Kus would be the way I would so. Getting a newbie would be a risk as very few hit 7 in the first year.