British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle 2016

Remember beat Lemo a few years ago around Brough.

Yes AOF,. He is that sort of rider. On his day he can beat almost anybody, but I still can't fathom out why he is not say a 6.5 rider. As I have said earlier, he has been on Newcastle's radar for a fairly long time and has come up with his stepdad, a former 90's Diamond Neil Paynter, for second halfs.

I think Ash has been the victim of the dreaded numbers game on more than one occasion. I mean would you keep Holub instead of Morris or Perry through choice.

• Like 2

I think you are about to be surprised at what Ashley can do.

can he lick his own elbow ??? ;)

• Like 1

Hit the nail on the head. More injuries, especially early in a meeting, would be suicidal and could cost us the meeting. In the Playoffs you have to be potentially looking to win any meeting. I am not disappointed with Morris, but let's not think he is anywhere near the form of Lewis has had recently. There is not a rider at his average at the moment capable of outscoring him IMO. Morris has had brilliant spells with other clubs and showed signs of being potentially a much higher average rider than 4.58. This is now his chance to show us that previous times, when he has been considered for the Diamonds, were justified. Think how many similar riders like Schraam, Tero, Mills, Simon, Pepe, and now Viktor were written off and dropped, only to come to Brough and restart there careers to become much better and higher averaged riders. Why Ashley hasn't kicked on in say the last 4 to 5 years I don't know. He has usually been the one dropped from teams, to get a higher averaged rider in to strengthen a team, so that is hardly failure. I used to watch him in about 2010, and at that time his entry into the bends was a la Kenni Larsen and Will Lawson. Full on and sideways, making it easier to be in line ready for the next straight. Let's hope he remembers that, because if he does, we might have a real find on our hands. But not of course to the level of Lewis I add. Suit being made for Ashley I hear, but sadly Lewis's kevlars had to be cut off him to be examined, prior to being despatched to the hospital.

Welcome Ashley, I really hope you will surprise many.

Would not have been my way to go but decision has been made and I can see why - still think it's the wrong one though. The more important thing which has not been done and expecially with AM being introduced and our reserve pairing weakened quite a bit; was to replace DP at the same time. Got to say I find it absolutely amazing that he has not been replaced months ago and for the few on here who have said who would replace him, I would say anyone as they surely could not do any worse.

Edited by acclennell

The number 8 must not be listed another teams 1 - 7 and must not have a green sheet average above 3. Furthermore he can only be used in the place of the rider replacement rides.

Thanks for the info.

There was no mechanical issue with Lewis Roses' crash. No chains snapping. He went into the corner very low and slow and his front wheel hit the edge of the hole and stopped and momentum took him over the high side.

Lewis went into theatre this afternoon at 3.30pm, so hopefully feeling better once the plate is in.

• Like 1

Good signing IMO, the Newcastle management have a habit of getting the best out of their riders, I`m sure that will happen with Morris.

• Like 1

There was no mechanical issue with Lewis Roses' crash. No chains snapping. He went into the corner very low and slow and his front wheel hit the edge of the hole and stopped and momentum took him over the high side.

Lewis went into theatre this afternoon at 3.30pm, so hopefully feeling better once the plate is in.

Thanks for that. We were convinced he stopped more sudden like a seize up, and someone I think on here said there was a snapped chain, which of course could have snapped with the blow.

I don't understand why everyone is freaking out? I think Ashley is a great reserve and has been for a very long time, I really look forward to seeing him around Brough Park, plus if we get Workington for example in the play offs, or Peterborough, he has the track experience at both tracks which is a bonus :t: He started off the meeting the other week for Peterborough with 2, 2, 3 in his opening three rides and I don't think that's a coincidence :P He's a good quality rider and I think it's great how the promotion have made a signing so fast after Lewis' unfortunate fall :(

I don't understand why people are debating why Lewis fell off, no one will know how it happened, just Lewis and his mechanic and a few other people in the pits, people from the crowd need to stop deciding what happened and saying things they're probably not 100% sure of. What is most important and unfortunate is that the incident has happened and poor Lewis has a serious injury and now need to spend the rest of this year (Or however long he needs to recover) recovering and then he can decide how his future lies then, I hope the operation goes well and that he stays strong and I'm sure from all of us at Newcastle Speedway, we wish him a very speedy recovery :t: Good luck Lewis

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 3

Would not have been my way to go but decision has been made and I can see why - still think it's the wrong one though. The more important thing which has not been done and expecially with AM being introduced and our reserve pairing weakened quite a bit; was to replace DP at the same time. Got to say I find it absolutely amazing that he has not been replaced months ago and for the few on here who have said who would replace him, I would say anyone as they surely could not do any worse.

If things could have been as you suggest yes, but by whom. The poster called HalifaxTiger was standing with me on Sunday and he does many meetings every week, and takes a great interest in the youngsters he has seen in NL meetings. His opinion is that there is nobody out there that could do a job for us, and Ben Hopwood was probably a good gauge to believe that Statement. Jake Knight was mentioned, but when he guested a few weeks ago he was miles adrift of any of the riders. There is a huge gap between the usual reserves and the NL best, so I can't see a quick and snappy solution. Remember we can't all unearth Dan Bewleys. Even Edinburgh just took him initially to plug the hole spot reserved for Mitchel Davey until he got his UK passport. The fact it took so long allowed Bewley to flower and become the sensation we saw on Sunday. In speedway you sometimes hit lucky, but this year there is not a queue of good riders ready to take others reserve spots as has been proved by other teams. Really, it is as said by Rough diamond in a previous post "yesterdays milk is now cheese" so we need to move on with what we have got.

Edited by Tsunami

I'm sure Connor Mountain may have been involved if he hadn't broken his back :(

I don't understand why everyone is freaking out? I think Ashley is a great reserve and has been for a very long time, I really look forward to seeing him around Brough Park, plus if we get Workington for example in the play offs, or Peterborough, he has the track experience at both tracks which is a bonus :t: He started off the meeting the other week for Peterborough with 2, 2, 3 in his opening three rides and I don't think that's a coincidence :P He's a good quality rider and I think it's great how the promotion have made a signing so fast after Lewis' unfortunate fall :(

I don't understand why people are debating why Lewis fell off, no one will know how it happened, just Lewis and his mechanic and a few other people in the pits, people from the crowd need to stop deciding what happened and saying things they're probably not 100% sure of. What is most important and unfortunate is that the incident has happened and poor Lewis has a serious injury and now need to spend the rest of this year (Or however long he needs to recover) recovering and then he can decide how his future lies then, I hope the operation goes well and that he stays strong and I'm sure from all of us at Newcastle Speedway, we wish him a very speedy recovery :t: Good luck Lewis

It's not freaking out, I just think we would have been stronger with VP at reserve. I'm more concerned about DP still being in the team to be honest and I know I keep bleating on about it but I just can't understand how and why he has not been replaced.

• Like 1

It's not freaking out, I just think we would have been stronger with VP at reserve. I'm more concerned about DP still being in the team to be honest and I know I keep bleating on about it but I just can't understand how and why he has not been replaced.

See my post above. It's all true.

Ash Morris has been superb for the Panthers..none of us wanted to lose him but I can understand why it had to happen..a good signing for you I think.

• Like 3

If things could have been as you suggest yes, but by whom. The poster called HalifaxTiger was standing with me on Sunday and he does many meetings every week, and takes a great interest in the youngsters he has seen in NL meetings. His opinion is that there is nobody out there that could do a job for us, and Ben Hopwood was probably a good gauge to believe that Statement. Jake Knight was mentioned, but when he guested a few weeks ago he was miles adrift of any of the riders. There is a huge gap between the usual reserves and the NL best, so I can't see a quick and snappy solution. Remember we can't all unearth Dan Bewleys. Even Edinburgh just took him initially to plug the hole spot reserved for Mitchel Davey until he got his UK passport. The fact it took so long allowed Bewley to flower and become the sensation we saw on Sunday. In speedway you sometimes hit lucky, but this year there is not a queue of good riders ready to take others reserve spots as has been proved by other teams. Really, it is as said by Rough diamond in a previous post "yesterdays milk is now cheese" so we need to move on with what we have got.

Thing is Dave anyone I would argue would do better he is 95% of the time way off the pace and a lot of is points have been gifted to him. Someone should have been giving an opportunity months ago as he has averaged about 1.4 points since he started. Disagree strongly on this subject and have all season and have stated that to HalifaxTiger also - if that's the state of British speedway when riders like DP are getting places for an entire season when they are clearly not up to standard then god help us - rant over :lol:

See my post above. It's all true.

Might be true but it's totally the wrong decision.