British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cyclone

Edinburgh Vs Somerset Ko Cup Final, 2nd Leg, 2/10/2015

Smug Monarchs strangely complementary on here.

Trophy winning fatigue.

• Like 5

Maybe Smug at times Cliff but you have to acknowledge guts in others,and your boys showed it in spades,and without your No,1 contributing.

I'm not a good loser but it makes you enjoy the victory's all the more and we have been spoiled in the last 2 years.

Maybe we might have another gig,and at full strength. Monarchs/Rebels 111. The decider!

• Like 3

Congratulations to Somerset and their excellent travelling fans, I hope you enjoyed the rest of your night back at your hotel and the heads weren't too sore for the long journey home today

Keep the cup polished 'cause we want it back next year tho'.......

Oh, and BTW, my air horn is still better than yours!!!!

Edited by Gr8scot
  • Like 1

what i did not get how it was all 4 back after Sam fell exiting bend 2 of heat 13 first bend bunching ;) thought if a race was stopped after 1st bend there had to be an exclusion :o

biggest popular myth in speedway. no referee has to exclude any rider at any point in time of any race. that said, had i been the ref on Friday, i would've done my emergency services impersonation and put the blue flashing light on.

talking of Masters, memo to Smiley - when the young reserve gates on your outside, let him go. don't burst in front of him and leave him vulnerable. If Max stuffs up whilst in front, fair enough but it's your job to sit behind him and protect him (team sport and all that). it was Charles Wright in third, not Emil Sayfutdinov!

some other observations:

our performance was unacceptable. Somerset only had 2 and a half riders but they still won comfortably. must do better.

what happened to the fireworks? not that i'm into that nonsense (they're just noisy colours at the end of the day) but, seriously, do we only use them when we win?

thanks to Sedgy for stuffing my Golden Heats prediction.

Brady Kurtz gave the worst performance from any visiting number 1 since last Friday.

good to see Luke Chessell doesn't take after his Uncle (as a side note, is Robert Branford related to Pontus Aspgren?)

still no apology from Starke...

well done Somerset.

• Like 1