British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Swindon 2016 - A New Era Starts...we Thought..

Oh Rosco always gets upset if people don't trot the line. Sorry, but he hasn't managed to calm nerves given there is no indication of a stadium going in, has he. And it really is his job to do so.

Even correspondence from the Council says that they are concerned at the lack of progress. So I would say its Rossiter that is out of step on this one. I would hope he'll forgive us for being doubtful until we see construction work starting.

• Like 1

Good to hear Rosco at Somerset tonight talking so positively about the new stadium being built at Blunsdon. He did say how frustrated he has become with the negativity surrounding the building of the new stadium. Rosco remains confident that the Robins will be in their new home in 2016

seeing is believing as they say , stadia u k have history of shafting people

• Like 3

Good luck to Swindon getting their track ready for 2016.

I believe it is to be a much smaller track than the present one ... as long as it has wide bends with banking plus banking on the straights , it should be good for quality racing.

He did indicate it would be similar in shape/size to Cardiff.

But will it have a roof.

One problem ER is that they keep giving out different info, originally the shape was going to be based on the Birmingham Track and it would be of FIM standard and able to hold international meetings, but when you look at the crowd capacity and parking, I am doubtful of that . It has been quoted as taking 5 months to build, possibly 6.

I believe it will be built but we may have a delay to the start of the 2016 season.

I'd heard it was going to be similar to Somerset! I'd also heard the bends would be as now but much shorter straights.

I reckon they have no idea what it will be till they come to mark it out! :rolleyes:

As Kirky says, whatever the size or shape lets get some banking back in. The Abbey was never the same when they razed some of the brilliant banking it used to have.

• Like 1

Good luck to Swindon getting their track ready for 2016.

I believe it is to be a much smaller track than the present one ... as long as it has wide bends with banking plus banking on the straights , it should be good for quality racing.

As long it has seats it will be great. Dunno if its 2500 seats plus standing on the banks. Will be "horse-racing style" seating.

A company actually willing to put the drainage in would help...but apparently that was left off by the house builders ...convenient or an oversight?

I think the new track could be very similar to the the Slough one.

• Like 2

As an outsider who does not want to see tracks being lost, I would say to Swindon remember the promises made to Reading , best short term option is Oxford , better than nothing at all......

they wont be going to Oxford, Slough, or Reading, the new track will be built in Blunsdon in 5/6 months

Gotta admire your optimism if nothing else...

• Like 1

Built by David Copperfield Construction I hear with the landscaping by Penn & Teller

• Like 1

If built by British company u can wait until 2017 they will only use a handful of men bring in the poland workers then maybe next year

Im not usually a pesimist but got the feeling that Swindon are going to be left red faced with this stadium, just like Reading.

Im not local.. But there doesn't seem much positive news about it the new stadium, apart from people involved in the club who seem to be either keeping something from the public about the building of it, or are just papering over the issues and hoping it gets done.

Only time will tell.....