British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Swindon 2016 - A New Era Starts...we Thought..

A lot depends on the make up of the teams and team limit. Will we have one or two FTR riders and what are they going to do with the team limit with riders on false averages.

Signings I would like to see

N Morris - improved again and can only see him getting better, needs to drop PL and ride on the continent for more experience.

G Zengota - another rider who improved when needed.

A Summers - again, he improved when needed, but average may now be too high to fit in.

J Doyle - main issue is his high average of 9.44 which would mean a newcomer on a low average.

Killer - if he can do a whole whole season or they bring in a squad or rider share option.

I wonder if J Sedgmen and A Ellis are being given an opportunity to show what they can do next week with the possibility of one of them being used in 2016.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 2

As I said on another thread, the promoters clearly know what points limits and team structures have been discussed and tentatively agreed before the 'rubber stamping' at the AGM and they have to get the 'visa' riders contracted before they head off to the Oz GP, unless they come back to the UK thereafter.

My only query on that is what if there is an extra team eg Kent Kings?

To announce the full 1-7 (or most of it) before the AGM might be considered a little foolhardy, however much influence one might have?!

(ps There was a whisper the AGM has moved a week earlier than originally planned?? Not sure?!)

Got to be Doyley as Darcy's short spell showed that the team need a proper no 1 & the club need to get a draft rider as an asset so he doesn't miss so many meetings.

Nick, Zengi will be a straight choice between them & Nick rode & delivered as a heat leader more than Zengi who's point scoring dropped off when he did.

Would be happy with both of them but if Killer comes back he must be in the team.

Aaron has to be given full credit for accepting his team place as he now suffers from upping his average so much but was a star.

Sedgy might be in with a shout as has improved very much.

Goodbye to Troy who just isn't a team player & isn't an asset like Nick, Zengi or Killer.

Would still like to see our league winning captain back if possible as well & rumour has it that there has been talks already.

• Like 2

I like the bit about looking at Riders character, only one showed a lack of character and that was the supposed captain Batchelor, he might have an attractive average, but was mostly attained by giving up when things got tough.

Hans - maybe

Doyle - hopefully

PK - If he can do the full season

Nick - definately

I agree that there should only be one FTR,

• Like 1

In my opinion Batchelor will not improve on his current average and is on the decline. Ford may sign him possibly eyeing the potential improvement and thinking he may improve alongside Holder, but he is finished at Swindon.

I agree with others that Morris should be the first signed, and my shout is that he will be announced as the first signing next week.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Robins management make a bid for Hans. Not as the teams number one though. That should undoubtedly be Doyle who I reckon can continue to improve his remarkable rise to stardom over the last couple of years.

Sedgy looks ready to return to EL speedway and along with Zengi that top 5 looks very strong.

If Hans does end up back at Swindon I don't think many bees fans will be too concerned TBH.

The only frustration might be that has used this last season to knock a couple of points off his average, which many would argue cost the bees their chance of a play off final .

Troy is a good rider to have, but not as a number one.

He wasn't signed as no 1 at the start of the year, and rode really well when Darcy was in the side.

As a second heatleader he would be a good rider to have on his current average.

Kildemand would be a better signing on his average though. I feel he is still improving and is an asset. If he could settle in for a whole season I think he'd do a lot better.

Feel sorry for Aaron Summers as he was a star at second string and will struggle to be picked because of his average.

Noises being made do hint at Doyle, but I just wish they'd start building the stadium so we can be sure we'll actually have a team.

If Hans does end up back at Swindon I don't think many bees fans will be too concerned TBH.

The only frustration might be that has used this last season to knock a couple of points off his average, which many would argue cost the bees their chance of a play off final .

That's the same Hans who shone in the semi at Poole in particular for Coventry and didn't cost them their chance of a play off final :rolleyes:

The rider who cost Bees was Garrity - simply because he was injured

• Like 1

That's the same Hans who shone in the semi at Poole in particular for Coventry and didn't cost them their chance of a play off final :rolleyes:

The rider who cost Bees was Garrity - simply because he was injured

Rubbish, if Hans had pulled his weight throughout the season Coventry wouldn't have been in a semi final with Poole.

I would have expected you had the ability to work that out for yourself. :D

• Like 1

It has to be Doyley as being announced at the farewell meeting as can't think of a better reason than that for having him riding in it.

I can see it now, there will be a table by the tapes & Doyley walks out to sign a contract.

What a way to start the farewell meeting on a track that so many top Aussies in Adams, Crump, Crump & Darcy have lined up as our No 1 & another Aussie in Jason Doyle to lead us into a new era😀😀😀

Edited by Crazy robin
  • Like 1

Rubbish, if Hans had pulled his weight throughout the season Coventry wouldn't have been in a semi final with Poole.

I would have expected you had the ability to work that out for yourself. :D

But they did get to the semis!?!?! I thought even you would know that! And Hans shone at Poole! The only rubbish is what you are spouting! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

But they did get to the semis!?!?! I thought even you would know that! And Hans shone at Poole! The only rubbish is what you are spouting! :rolleyes:

:D OK I'll spell it out for you.

Hans pulls his weight throughout the season and keeps up his starting average. Result, bees finish top of the league, top team choose their opponents, bees don't choose Poole. Much better chance of reaching the final.