Clegg 9.72

Moggo 4.94

Morris 8.83

Neale 4.85

Chessel 5.88

Andrews 3

Govier 3

Edited by jubileeclip

Good to have Clegg back with a higher-than-expected points limit meaning he's not 'costing' us too much. I thought Morris was on his old NL average of 8.83 too. Kinda cocks up my plan if 9.06 is right. Where is that figure from?

I was rather hoping for...

Clegg

Morris

Bailey

Neale

Extance

Andrews

Harris/Govier (at 7/8 and pick based on form)

#wishlist

Good to have Clegg back with a higher-than-expected points limit meaning he's not 'costing' us too much. I thought Morris was on his old NL average of 8.83 too. Kinda cocks up my plan if 9.06 is right. Where is that figure from?

I was rather hoping for...

Clegg

Morris

Bailey

Neale

Extance

Andrews

Harris/Govier (at 7/8 and pick based on form)

#wishlist

Higher of PL average (x2) or old NL average.

I had my team done with Morris on 8.83 aswell!

Hmmmm it's tricky to fit Perks in with Morris

1. Max Clegg (9.72)

2. Aaron Mongridge (4.94)

3. Ellis Perks (7.14)

4. -

5. Ashley Morris (8.83)

6. Bradley Andrews (3.00)

7. - (3.00)

Total 36.63

Remaining 3.37

I had my team done with Morris on 8.83 aswell!

Hmmmm it's tricky to fit Perks in with Morris

1. Max Clegg (9.72)

2. Aaron Mongridge (4.94)

3. Ellis Perks (7.14)

4. -

5. Ashley Morris (8.83)

6. Bradley Andrews (3.00)

7. - (3.00)

Total 36.63

Remaining 3.37

Presume 8.83 = PL average doubled with 2.5 reduction?

Higher of PL average (x2) or old NL average.

I must have got his PL average wrong then as I thought it (converted) was lower than his NL average. I'll need a tweak to my dream team then.

If the spiller bothers have to sign to say they will ride for Team GB even though they have all have a British Passport to allow them to ride in this league that must go for Perks too? So he cant ride in the Aus championships or rep resent Aus if he wanted too.

Seems a real silly rule to me but thats what i heard from the meeting yesterday.

Morris' average is 9.06. It's his PL average of 4.53 doubled (without a British reduction).

• Like 1

At the season ticket sales night tonight there was a crowd any NL Team would have been glad to see, must have been 200 and a long que all night long to the Sales table, what a guy is young Max Clegg, straight back from his holiday in Tenneriffe, and down to the Club house in Cradley, and some wonder why the fans love him.

• Like 1

CRADLEY co-boss Gary Patchett has revealed how a rival National League club objected to the signing of Bradley Andrews on a three-point average.

At Wednesday's National League AGM, the question was raised by one club over the signing of the Heathens reserve.

Despite currently living in New Zealand, Andrews is the holder of a British Passport, British parents and grandparents and has never represented the Kiwis in any form of official competition. The objection was turned down and Andrews will be included in the Heathens side as planned.

Said Patchett: "I was very disappointed to see one club in particular seemingly hell bent on scuppering our plans and potentially jeopardising the careers of young British riders.

"I won't go into too much more detail, they know who they are, and in my opinion they should be ashamed of themselves.

"It was clear to both myself and Chris (Van Straaten - Heathens co-promoter) that this wasn't about Bradley himself, it was just an opportunistic attempt to derail our club plans.

"That was the only real negative from the AGM really which saw a few rule changes for the 2016 season.

"The Gold Cup was effectively just a competition after the culmination of the league season.

"I always felt that our supporters at Cradley never bought into that competition in the same way the would have done had they been the play-offs to determine the league Champions.

"The re-introduction of the play-offs wasn't met by all-round approval but it was obviously passed with a majority so that's what we're reverting to.

"Scrapping the tactical ride rule was a bit of a strange one because it came out of nowhere right at the end of the meeting.

"The proposal came from another club who wanted to re-embrace the traditional side of speedway.

"Personally I would like to see all three British leagues working as closely as possible and all working with the same rules.

"It's a shame one league goes with a rule and another one doesn't but it's a democracy and in the end the vote in the National League was eventually passed with quite a substantial amount of votes for it to be scrapped.

"It's good to see two new teams enter the league in the Isle of Wight and Belle Vue.

"I was talking to the Isle of Wight representatives prior to the meeting and they were very nervous to say the least but I think that was always going to be a matter of dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

"A 40-point team limit seemed very favourable prior to the AGM and that was passed almost instantly without hardly any other consideration for an alternative.

"We now know for sure which path we want to go down and hopefully we can announce a few more of our team members in the coming days."

Meanwhile, Perry Barr was voted Best Prepared Track for the 2015 National League on Cradley racenights. The club would like to once again thank all the Birmingham track staff for their hard work during a difficult season.