British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Cradley 2016

Patchett : "I always felt that our supporters at Cradley never bought into that competition { Gold Cup } in the same way they would have done had they been the play-offs to determine the league Champions.

May not have bought into the Gold Cup, but even less so to Play-Offs ! They cost the team a number of League Championships.

The NL took a wise decision last season but a backward step this week.

It's clear the sport wants a biggy at the end of the season, (purely for the gate,) so make it the KO Cup Final.

• Like 1

CRADLEY co-boss Gary Patchett has revealed how a rival National League club objected to the signing of Bradley Andrews on a three-point average.

At Wednesday's National League AGM, the question was raised by one club over the signing of the Heathens reserve.

Despite currently living in New Zealand, Andrews is the holder of a British Passport, British parents and grandparents and has never represented the Kiwis in any form of official competition. The objection was turned down and Andrews will be included in the Heathens side as planned.

Said Patchett: "I was very disappointed to see one club in particular seemingly hell bent on scuppering our plans and potentially jeopardising the careers of young British riders.

Cradley racenights. The club would like to once again thank all the Birmingham track staff for their hard work during a difficult season.

Surely if the lad was born in New Zealand, but has a British passport and British patriality due to British parents and grandparents, then there is no question that he is eligible for the National League.

However his average should surely be 5.00 ?

SR 19.8.1.1 "Riders qualifying by UK Patriality will be given an assessed MA of 5.00"

No because he has a passport that is British

Yes. He has a British passport due to patriality. (i.e. he's NZ born, but his parents are British). So should be eligible for NL, but on a 5.00 average

But he still holds a passport where as BWD didn't

If he holds a British passport due to being born in Britain then he's a 3.00

If he holds a British passport due to patriality then he's a 5.00

or are we ignoring SR 19.8.1.1 this year?

Surely if the lad was born in New Zealand, but has a British passport and British patriality due to British parents and grandparents, then there is no question that he is eligible for the National League.

However his average should surely be 5.00 ?

SR 19.8.1.1 "Riders qualifying by UK Patriality will be given an assessed MA of 5.00"

Before we signed him I'd been an advocate of us trying to get him in to our team as soon as he was ready to come over but I also, at the time, wondered about his average. As he has a British passport and has not represented the Kiwi's (or any other nation) he's on a 3. If he had a passport from another country, say NZ for argument's sake, and/or had represented them then he'd be a 5. At least that's my understanding.

*edit* There are often conflicting and ambiguous rules and regulations - and don't forget you're reading 2015 regulations not 2016. Something may have been changed.

If he holds a British passport due to being born in Britain then he's a 3.00

If he holds a British passport due to patriality then he's a 5.00

or are we ignoring SR 19.8.1.1 this year?

He holds a British passport therefore he is a 3 whatever the circumstances. We are ignoring 19.8.1.1 because patriality is no longer an option for next season, it's British passport holders only.

As Alan says 19.8.1.1 has been removed. Its British passport holders only and all start on a 3.00.

• Like 1

Again a lot of people trying to make out that we've not stuck to the rules when we clearly have!

This season should be intresting to say the very least

Ashley Morris pretty much rules out perks I guess?

That's a proper old school Cradley top 2. Can't see too many teams matching Ash and Max in the big heats, just a case of whether we can make the right signings to back them up I guess

• Like 1

"Although he aims to earn a place at a higher level later in the season, Morris is fully committed to trying to help the Heathens regain the National League title"

The above statement would worry me a little as a Cradley supporter. If Ashley picks up an EL reserve berth then no issue but if a PL team comes knocking it will mean he is unable to continue with Cradley and will a 9+ point hole to fill!

Chessell to Eastbourne I have a feeling