British Speedway Forum
oleoleole

British Tv Rights For Sgp & Swc ?

If that's the ccase then I am snookered.

change over to PlusNet as my tel/broadband provider on Nov 25th. Done this so I can pay monthly to PlusNet to watch speedway on BT Sport next 3 years via my Sky box.

Cant do it through a BT TV box because my broadband speed is abysmally slow. Thursday afternoon it was 1.83mbps, last night it was .82mbps. You need 2mbps to stream tv, so I am a loser.

Cant get a faster broadband, but can get satellite tv.

You will be fine. It's BT TV customers who get sky sports who will be effected. They will have to pay a premium to watch sky sports just as sky tv customers have to now for BT sport. Unless of course both agree to show reach others channels that is. Edited by Noodles
  • Like 1

If that's the ccase then I am snookered.

change over to PlusNet as my tel/broadband provider on Nov 25th. Done this so I can pay monthly to PlusNet to watch speedway on BT Sport next 3 years via my Sky box.

Cant do it through a BT TV box because my broadband speed is abysmally slow. Thursday afternoon it was 1.83mbps, last night it was .82mbps. You need 2mbps to stream tv, so I am a loser.

Cant get a faster broadband, but can get satellite tv.

Actually you 'might' not get Sky 1/2 if you are on BT...my mistake.
  • Like 1

I had a call from BT today, they said as a valued customer we want to try and help you. I said, oh good, you'l give me BT sport for nothing ? She had a look and came up with £49 70, i said no thanks, that is the equivelent of 10 months payments..

Yes, I kept getting emails from BT saying, "As a valued customer I could get BT Sport free, click here." So when I clicked here, it said that this free service was going to cost me £49.......

Good news for chr :t: My son has linked my pc to his BT Sport feed so I get to watch speedway again...and for free :drink: .

Download the pak TV app...then you can watch Sky/BT Sport/Eurosport or whatever for FREE!

Is this legal and/or risky?. I don't want viruses or security alerts. Mind you I already get Eurosport via my son's sky go feed which gives me all the Winter Sports action I want. As I only watch Winter Sports and Speedway and now have BT Sport I am sorted. Thanks for the tip though :cheers: .

Is this legal and/or risky?. I don't want viruses or security alerts. Mind you I already get Eurosport via my son's sky go feed which gives me all the Winter Sports action I want. As I only watch Winter Sports and Speedway and now have BT Sport I am sorted. Thanks for the tip though :cheers: .

Given subscribers normally pay heavily to watch Sky and to a lesser extent BT I think you can be sure this app is not legitimate. As for legality, lawyers make a fortune over such matters.

I don't believe you are breaking any laws in watching such streams or using such apps. The illegality is in the person hosting the stream for you to watch. But as rmc says, there are lawyers out there who make a fortune arguing over such things.

Nothing comes for nothing. Pay to watch if you want or don't pay. Free choice.

That's the whole problem though. I can't get BT sport, regardless. Don't have BT broadband or Sky. All my TV is done via Internet streaming Now, Amazon etc. This is ideal for league speedway as you can pay £10 for a weeks access to ALL Sky sports, but BT is completely unavailable.

You need someones broadband - yes.

Change over to Plusnet (12 months free broadband deal at the moment).

You get access to BT Sport for £10 per month (monthly contract)

Plusnet is part of BT

You will need Sky though and their basic package is about £22 per month

Work it out, speedway is 7 months of the year, so Plusnet access to BT Sport will be £70

You get 12 months broadband free.

You do need basic Sky at £22 per month and that will be a 12 month contract.

because of 12 month free broadband it may work out cheaper in the first year..... but who knows what 12 month time will bring.

OR just ick speedway up on You Tube couple days after the gran prixs - it all seems to be there

Edited by Joe Hatton

There apparently is a much easier way, not that I endorse it of course. I know of people who use an attachment/extension on their browser called Zenmate. Two clicks and they set their computer up to appear as if they are in the USA or Germany. They then can go to the SGP website and watch the live international feed.

As I say, it's something I've heard of but of course would not endorse. Fortunately I'm on Virgin Media so I get both Eurosport and BT included in my package so I wouldn't need to use this.

The key point to consider though is this. The more people evade paying to watch speedway the more chance there is of the TV provider walking away from the sport, albeit only a minor one.

Of course if TV companies didn't charge outlandish prices (yes, I'm looking at you Sky), this wouldn't be such a problem.

Edited by rmc

Of course if TV companies didn't charge outlandish prices (yes, I'm looking at you Sky), this wouldn't be such a problem.

It isn't just that, but the geographical restrictions placed on viewing. For those of us who travel all over the place, we have to rely on these sort of tricks even if we'd be willing to pay to watch.