British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rustyre bel1

Somerset V Glasgow Play Off Semi

We were 21 - 21 after heat 7 in the league meeting down there , before it all went wrong . We have Nick Morris , who we didn't have that night , so hopefully that makes a difference .

Hope we can stay in touch to make Sunday interesting

Edited by Paulco

I think Somerset will build uo a 16-20 point lead.

• Like 1

This will much closer than the league meeting I think, however the Rebels are in good form and Jensen at reserve could be a trump card.

10-12 point home win for me making the 2nd leg v interesting.

We were 21 - 21 after heat 7 in the league meeting down there , before it all went wrong . We have Nick Morris , who we didn't have that night , so hopefully that makes a difference .Hope we cant stay in touch to make Sunday interesting

I'm sure you didn't quite mean that! ;)

• Like 2

A very tough one for us, Somerset look so strong when you see the team they have. However, we have Summers riding phenomenally at the mo. Lawson hopefully back on form, Morris looking good, Neiminen fit and everyone else in the points so we have a chance. But they must be favourites. I just don't want a drubbing down there to make the Sunday a face saving excercise. Under ten points I'd be delighted - but certainly wouldn't be shocked if it was worse.

Weather looks good so please please please lets not mess it up down there.

• Like 2

I'm sure you didn't quite mean that! ;)

Aye , note the time of the posting haha
  • Like 1

The first leg will be the deciding factor re this play off.......Glasgow have a point to prove if they wish to be in the final against Edinburgh.

However it could still be Edinburgh v Somerset in the Final

I will make a confident prediction.......... it'll be cold!

Apart from that, who knows? Morris,Summers and Lawson should be a match for Brady,Josh and Richie. Rasmus may just outscore the Tigers' reserves, so that leaves Paul and Chas against Niemenin and Palovaara. Much will depend on how fit Niemenin is. In the past he has scored well at the OTA, but that was a few years ago. Hoping Rebels by 8 or more, and doing enough to keep it close on Sunday and scrape through.

Very little enthusiasm and excitement for this fixture from Rebels fans on this forum. Many must I feel think this is a foregone conclusion over the two legs.Could be closer than many anticipate especially if Glasgow have their gating on song.

I think this will be a close one with maybe just a couple of points over the two legs deciding the tie. Lawson could be a key for Glasgow as he is a bit hit and miss at our place. If all of the Rebs turn up on Friday though buoyed by the great show against the other Jocks the other week it could be very tough for the Tigers.

• Like 1

We've got to watch our backs ! Nick Morris will be out to impress.

Very little enthusiasm and excitement for this fixture from Rebels fans on this forum. Many must I feel think this is a foregone conclusion over the two legs.Could be closer than many anticipate especially if Glasgow have their gating on song.

I have found that Somerset rarely get excited on this forum.

• Like 1

We've got to watch our backs ! Nick Morris will be out to impress.

I have found that Somerset rarely get excited on this forum.

Nice to see you back on here Around the boards.

Good luck to the Tigers , whatever happens tonight it's been a great season

• Like 2