British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2016

And at Premier League level every team must track a British rider who is eligible for the National League in the No.7 berth on a three-point average.

A British rider who is eligible for the National League and has not obtained a P/L CMA of over 3:00

Edited by keyham

Whether it is currently or ever have obtained a PL average above 3 could make a big difference.

Although currently assessed at 3 I think Greenwood has previously attained above 3 albeit briefly.

Tom Perry also in that postion I think and maybe 1or2 more so clarification required.

Whether it is currently or ever have obtained a PL average above 3 could make a big difference.

Although currently assessed at 3 I think Greenwood has previously attained above 3 albeit briefly.

Tom Perry also in that postion I think and maybe 1or2 more so clarification required.

Yeah they both have. I believe its riders currently on a 3.00, so they're eligible. I think they added the 'eligible for the NL' bit to the statement so that if, for example, someone like Hawkins' average dropped so much next year that he'd be a 3.00 in 2017, he'd be ineligible for #7 as he wouldn't be eligible for the NL (as he's over 25 so can't DU).

not big enough crowds for elite wage bill.

And you think most Elite clubs get big crowds?

1 Brady Kurtz 8.73
2 Kyle Howarth 6.98
3 Charles Wright 6.89
4 Paul Starke 6.00
5 Rasmus Jensen 5.92
6 Robin Aspegren 4.82
7 Oliver Greenwood 3.00
42.34 - it fits!

We need a top number 1 who can win heats 1 and 15 at home, that's not Brady. Jensen will be tied up abroad.

We need a top number 1 who can win heats 1 and 15 at home, that's not Brady.

Piffle! Brady averaged over 10 at home throughout the season. By my rough calculations he won about 50% of heat 1's he was in and won 10 out of 12 heat 15's.

What more do you want?

• Like 3

We need a top number 1 who can win heats 1 and 15 at home, that's not Brady. Jensen will be tied up abroad.

Hahahaha best line seen in a while, your moaning about an 18 year old, one of the hottest talents in the Speedway world, having a bad spell at the end of the season so now you dont want him? Every team in the premier league would have him, and also probably every elite league team. So on your own it seems.

• Like 6

Will Josh be back at Somerset?

I'm hoping the team will be built around Josh, Brady, Paul and Charles.
  • Like 2

What a short memory you have!

Sure, Brady tailed off towards the end of the season for well documented reasons, but let's remember how he led the side superbly until mid August. In addition, I'm sure the Sheffield and Peterborough fans would snap him up as their number one given half a chance.

From memory oldtimer, you don't go too often do you?

• Like 4

Piffle! Brady averaged over 10 at home throughout the season. By my rough calculations he won about 50% of heat 1's he was in and won 10 out of 12 heat 15's.

What more do you want?

True 50% but we used to have heat leaders who were guaranteed to win heat 1. Points scored by Brady at home in heat 1 in following matches:

Edinburgh 29/9 2

Peterborough 28/8 1

Ipswich 18/8 1

Edinburgh 11/8 0

Plymouth 31/7 R

Rye House 5/6 1

True 50% but we used to have heat leaders who were guaranteed to win heat 1. Points scored by Brady at home in heat 1 in following matches:

Edinburgh 29/9 2

Peterborough 28/8 1

Ipswich 18/8 1

Edinburgh 11/8 0

Plymouth 31/7 R

Rye House 5/6

These guys are not Robots for heaven sake, :rolleyes: perhaps Somerset should look at the possibility of signing a mechanical man as their number one for next season

• Like 2

Edinburgh 29/9 2

Peterborough 28/8 1

Ipswich 18/8 1

Edinburgh 11/8 0

Plymouth 31/7 R

Rye House 5/6 1

You keep scraping that barrel, let me know when you hit the bottom. Brady is 18, yes.. 18, he has been in the league now for 2 seasons, and has become one of the best number 1's in the league, they all have bad meetings, otherwise they would have a 12 point average. There are just 7 riders better than him in the league, thats all.

If your a Somerset fan, then by all means, let Brady go, he will come back and bite you on the ass hard next season.

• Like 1

You keep scraping that barrel, let me know when you hit the bottom. Brady is 18, yes.. 18, he has been in the league now for 2 seasons, and has become one of the best number 1's in the league, they all have bad meetings, otherwise they would have a 12 point average. There are just 7 riders better than him in the league, thats all.

If your a Somerset fan, then by all means, let Brady go, he will come back and bite you on the ass hard next season.

i can assure you I don't want him to go!