British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2016

just thought i would drop onto my 2nd fav site. (the other one i cant mention for reasons only known to myself ) its been a bit qt , normally you guys are up the top of the thread and going for it .

av ya enee craic fur us northern marra,s ?

What is there to talk about? It's nearly the end of April and so far we've only had one official home match, because of the weather and Plymouth's Hokey Cokey situation. Edited by Najjer
  • Like 1

What is there to talk about? It's nearly the end of April and so far we've only had one official home match, because of the weather and Plymouth's Hokey Cokey situation.

Took the words right out my mouth. Just checked to see who we had on Friday and its speedway's least favourite team, Reserved. Has Paul Starke actually had any competitive home meetings yet for the Rebels. Whatever happened to having regular proper meetings every week and struggling to fit in rainoffs?

Took the words right out my mouth. Just checked to see who we had on Friday and its speedway's least favourite team, Reserved. Has Paul Starke actually had any competitive home meetings yet for the Rebels. Whatever happened to having regular proper meetings every week and struggling to fit in rainoffs?

I hadn't even seen that until you posted that, I just assumed we had a league match this week but obviously not.

We've got nothing to say because we've had no action !!! Either the washing got wet or the candle blew out !!! But to be fair the bad weather has been sporadic and localised !!! Roll on halfway through the year !!! Which it nearly will be when we get another match !!!

By the time we have another match there will be weeds growing on the start line !!!
  • Like 1

We've got nothing to say because we've had no action !!! Either the washing got wet or the candle blew out !!! But to be fair the bad weather has been sporadic and localised !!! Roll on halfway through the year !!! Which it nearly will be when we get another match !!!

By the time we have another match there will be weeds growing on the start line !!!

that will make it tricky for the home team ..... at least the riders will be able to do some proper gardening eh .

• Like 1

Impressive from the management to foresee the wet weather of today and not to have a fixture arranged that would have definitely have been cancelled! Onto next week when the Witches are in town. :t:

• Like 3

Very impressed with the early season form from the 2016 Rebels, long may it continue. A lot of the headlines have been about BWD and Jake and rightly so in their debut seasons, however the old boys Josh, Paul and Charlie have quietly been going about their business in an impressive manner. Josh only headed once in 10 away races, Charles improved so much he has been promoted to heat leader with Swindon ( could not believe how quick he was out of the traps at Rye ) and Paul also getting a top 5 outing for Leicester. If they continue to perform there is already the platform in place for the 2017 team. I know it is very early days but this team is already getting praise from posters on here, which is always nice , long may it continue, well done again Gary May and the team.

Already a good team and will improve even more as the season goes on. My new league title favourites.

• Like 1

Already a good team and will improve even more as the season goes on. My new league title favourites.

Somerset just need to make sure in the next few weeks we win our home meetings. We have barely ridden at home it seems so tonight will be a big test with Ipswich in town.

• Like 1

somerset reaching new heights in the gp with doyle .

somerset reaching new heights in the gp with doyle .

He doesn't race for Somerset

He doesn't race for Somerset

just waiting for the bigger fish to bite . ya ruined it now shads .

• Like 1

just waiting for the bigger fish to bite . ya ruined it now shads .

Firstly, apologies

Secondly, can I claim Tai as a Rockets world champion?

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Firstly, apologies

Secondly, can I claim Tai as a Rockets world champion?

We can claim Doyle for his cameo for us a few seasons back, before he was replaced by the superior rider that is Steve Boxall.