British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2016

Best thing Tungate has done this season was moving away from Foxhall . Don't think there is any Witches fans out there that don't think he's got the talent far from it,

His move to the Oaktree has really seen him come on , think he must be nailed on for your rider of the season ?

I wouldn't argue with that - He'd be my rider of the season no doubts about it.

• Like 1

Good spot Yer Ropes.

Brenda is a great sport. She sits/stands with several generations of her family. A great supporter of Somerset speedway.

• Like 3

Good spot Yer Ropes.

Brenda is a great sport. She sits/stands with several generations of her family. A great supporter of Somerset speedway.

Yep there are a few of us although at 90 my grandmother rarely gets there now!

She has never been short of a word or ten has my Auntie Brenda! ;)

Our whole family love speedway and to have the Oak Tree Arena open when it did was perfect as the 'older generations' (Brenda and my mum and dad) had started to drift away a bit. They are regulars every week now plus all help me out getting the golf day sorted each year for the club.

• Like 2

plus all help me out getting the golf day sorted each year for the club.

Good plug for 2017 Andrew.........nothing like getting in early :t::party:

• Like 1

Good plug for 2017 Andrew.........nothing like getting in early :t::party:

Never like to miss an opportunity!! :t:

Yes he has,Bradley out ,no settled number 7,Rohan got a bit of a knock today,not sure we will make this,but pull together and let's see,go rebels

Sounds good "Quadruple Winners" Somerset Rebels. I feel so happy that we finally got over the line last week ,I would have been gutted if we had lost out again. Well done Gary,Deb the team and all the supporters who turn up every week to follow the Rebels. I never thought I would see a more successful Rebels team than Doyleys 2013 chargers, but the 2016 vintage have done it. How good have we been all season ! and amazingly very few Somerset knockers this time ha ha. I never thought that when I was standing with a few Rebels at Rye in April watching the lads losing in a heat15 decider that it would be 22 matches before we would taste defeat again, incredible. The whole season has been fascinating to follow, all the twists and turns. The stand out match for me was the home match against Workington when after five heats we were ten points down, Josh took the b/w and won the race with Brad grabbing third, we went on to win by 20, an amazing 30 point turn around in 10 heats. I felt from that day if we could steer clear of injuries we had a chance.

I`d like to thank Statman who always gives up his time to report on the update site so far away people like me get a flavour of what`s going on, and also Willowman, English Roundabout, Brummie Rebel, Womble 53 and of course my old mate Najjer and all the others who join in on the banter on here.

Already looking forward to next season to see what Gary has fixed up for us, one thing for sure the racing will always be the best in the League.

• Like 1

Sounds good "Quadruple Winners" Somerset Rebels. I feel so happy that we finally got over the line last week ,I would have been gutted if we had lost out again. Well done Gary,Deb the team and all the supporters who turn up every week to follow the Rebels. I never thought I would see a more successful Rebels team than Doyleys 2013 chargers, but the 2016 vintage have done it. How good have we been all season ! and amazingly very few Somerset knockers this time ha ha. I never thought that when I was standing with a few Rebels at Rye in April watching the lads losing in a heat15 decider that it would be 22 matches before we would taste defeat again, incredible. The whole season has been fascinating to follow, all the twists and turns. The stand out match for me was the home match against Workington when after five heats we were ten points down, Josh took the b/w and won the race with Brad grabbing third, we went on to win by 20, an amazing 30 point turn around in 10 heats. I felt from that day if we could steer clear of injuries we had a chance.

I`d like to thank Statman who always gives up his time to report on the update site so far away people like me get a flavour of what`s going on, and also Willowman, English Roundabout, Brummie Rebel, Womble 53 and of course my old mate Najjer and all the others who join in on the banter on here.

Already looking forward to next season to see what Gary has fixed up for us, one thing for sure the racing will always be the best in the League.

question seems to be which league?

Is it me from afar or has Starkey suddenly lost a bit of form?

He went ok in his last two races in the final..

I was sat in the clubhouse watching Statman do his write up after the final. He puts a lot of time into it..