British Speedway Forum

ACTUALLY it is down to the Etihad of course. Where in Australia do you live Humphrey?

Doubt whether any non-speedway fan is likely to trek across from Perth for a speedway event.

Believe the strategy of the Etihad is that those speedway fans across both Australia and New Zealand likely to go know where it is when it is. Certainly that is true of Christchurch where my in-laws live.

Their promotion is more parochial building on the basis that many people within and around Melbourne are attracted to the Etihad for events that they would most likely not attend elsewhere. And that is where they have (as Colin Sweetman alluded to) concentrated their advertising.

Certainly barely any advertising in Melbournes CBD for this event!!!!

Fox Sports I noticed (pay tv here) started running GP adverts on Saturday.

Also I wonder if riders like Tai are doing any radio and tv appearances on Fox Sports or free to air channels promoting next weekend.

Triple M in Melbourne is an option on their sports breakfast with Eddie McGuire. Same for the MW station here SEN

Edited by Undercover Elephant

The more you comment Phil the more i wonder what BSI do other than collect money!! They have nothing tl do with the track, nothing to do with starting gates, shale or any material, nothing to do with the actual meeting now nothing to do with the promotion. They seem to get alot of credit and dont appear to do an awful lot.

It pains me to say that I totally agree with you on this.