British Speedway Forum
Paul Johnson

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2016?

So no ones believes Rob now when he says " our reserve as never ridden PL"?... i too thought Rob had annouced Ryan and Alex

Kings Lynn asset nailed on then Tony😜

• Like 1

Ok from what I know the rider in question has never ridden premier league for Scunthorpe but has ridden before I the national league he is English and has a three point average which entitles him to ride in the premier league, for anymore info I would ask Lewy as he nailed Taylor Poole before anyone else. Or start a rumour because I've heard from a very reliable source that new rider is Len silver asset Sam woods who's from Boston

• Like 1

Ok from what I know the rider in question has never ridden premier league for Scunthorpe but has ridden before I the national league he is English and has a three point average which entitles him to ride in the premier league, for anymore info I would ask Lewy as he nailed Taylor Poole before anyone else. Or start a rumour because I've heard from a very reliable source that new rider is Len silver asset Sam woods who's from Boston

Sam Woods would be nowhere near good enough for Premier league, so think that's well wide of mark, your source may have been on the sauce.

• Like 1

I'm not playing this guessing game anymore....you and Rob give out crap clues. Even though most youngsters come through our AM meetings we don't appear to get the best anyway!

wondering why rob sold Matt to Wolverhampton,surely he would have been perfect no7 with being an asset ?

wondering why rob sold Matt to Wolverhampton,surely he would have been perfect no7 with being an asset ?

Probably because he is useless around the EWR

• Like 2

Thinking I might have another go at this 3ptr; noting that Jack Parkinson-Blackburn has linked up with Birmingham. Do we have a long term interest in JPB?

Surely if so; a conversation to be had is bringing Brummies No2 Zach Wajtknecht into the Scorpions team as our 3ptr. Never ridden PL before and one who definitely comes into the PL in 2016 ready to hit the ground running.

Of all the NL to PL riders; who would you want in your team ?, well accepting Adam Ellis and Bradley Wilson-Dean will probably come in above 3pts; then the next one I would be after is Wajtknecht. The 3pt rider is going to be the key to making a serious challenge; if he is seeing off his rival 3ptr AND backing up the more experience reserve. So for me we have to be interested in Wajtknecht; and if as I say JPB is a longer term Scorpions interest going to the Brummies ?.

Auty; Holub; Davies; Douglas; Poole; Wilko and Wajtknecht would be a serious team in this league.

Cannot see any other 3ptr in the NL score charts that would carry the threat that Wajtknecht would. Other than say Ellis Perks who would defo have a shout if it was up to me.

See Danny Ayres; who we were supposedly linked to; has signed for Glasgowski !

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 1

Ayres signed for Glasgow, so the number 7 isn't him.

Never thought it was

June there was no clue in my post at all it isn't the law to give one you know, just pointing out what I heard or might not of heard as rumours go, it's not a criminal offence to start rumours or counter rumours if it was I'd be up in front of the judge at the old bailey again

PWWM...........You read my post wrong, look again. It was I who started a rumour with my stab in the dark name of Tom Stokes. That's what my post referred to. Just as well it isn't a criminal offence!.............I love the clues Rob drops. Its all part of the excitement. I've had my head stuck into the NL teams and AM riders and I'm still none of the wiser lol