British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whistlegang

Kent 2016

Jack Kingston still without a team? Love Jack back.

Had a troubled season just gone. Think Monday evenings were a bit difficult for him but if he were to come back the crowd would, I am sure, would be very receptive.

Think by the end of the season he was as keen as ever. Kingston and kent fit like a glove, but as you say he left us due to work commitments so I truly hope these can be negotiated.

Think by the end of the season he was as keen as ever. Kingston and kent fit like a glove, but as you say he left us due to work commitments so I truly hope these can be negotiated.

I don't think I am speaking out of turn here, but Jack did say at our end of season party that he was strongly considering sitting out 2016 to concentrate on finishing his apprenticeship and build up some funds to come back and give speedway a real go in 2017.

There remains real untaped potential in Jack, at times he was incredibly quick, a really nice guy too and hopefully he will return to the sport when he is ready

That is sad for us, but great he knows where his life is going and is building a future.

To my mind he is the perfect candidate for the fast track scheme. He is one of the fastest at NL level when he stays on the bike so a bomber Harris or a Scottie Nichols mentoring him each week and offering their experience would be invaluable and in Jacks case I think he would genuinely thrive. Rather then do a Greaves and go against your skipper and manager publicly I think he would soak it all up like a sponge.

• Like 1

Think Jack needs to get his life off track sorted then he will be back with a more relaxed style and hopefully the points will come again.

Basford has requested a transfer which is hardly a shock as both reserve berths are already filled unless one was destined to start at 2?

Not a huge loss. Plenty of effort to travel down every week but didn't really improve and seemed to struggle with maintaining / setting up his machinery for the changing Kent track?

Looks like the Kings were planning to track three three-point riders from that press release, Clifton could probably hold his own in a second string berth. Perhaps the door is open again for Couzins?

I suspect you are right about Clifton. Im yet to be convinced about Couzins. Nice lad and was lumbered with a main team place for most of the season however like Danno he just doesn't seem to have that edge. Plus he also seemed to catch the Baseby travelling bug as the season went on.......

• Like 1

Looks like the Kings were planning to track three three-point riders from that press release, Clifton could probably hold his own in a second string berth. Perhaps the door is open again for Couzins?

no thank you

I suspect you are right about Clifton. Im yet to be convinced about Couzins. Nice lad and was lumbered with a main team place for most of the season however like Danno he just doesn't seem to have that edge. Plus he also seemed to catch the Baseby travelling bug as the season went on.......

If Baseby had made those away trips then i suspect his closing average would be easier to accomodate in 2016...

Couzins - No.

Danno - No.

Kent have to be looking for better, as this League will be much more competitive in 2016.

• Like 1

Couzins - No.

Danno - No.

Kent have to be looking for better, as this League will be much more competitive in 2016.

Agreed. Kent need to look at getting Clifton in the number 7 jacket. Then like other teams they will have a trump card reserve. If he starts in the team and they sign another alongside Jack Thomas (depending who it is and given Lens iffy record) they could have the worst reserves in the league (again)

Arron Baseby really has a false average due to his limited away meetings, his Brother Mark is a far better bet than the younger Baseby.

Couzins was the best three pointer the Kings had last year, he started well and then had to spend the year in the main team because the other three pointers were so bad. He's a lot better than Verge.

Clifton will start at reserve undoubtedly but is likely to move up after the first set of averages, then it depends who is at reserve from that point going forward. Assuming the Kings go with three three-pointers that is, you'd think they'll have learnt their lesson this year however.

Jack Kingston has posted on Twitter today - thanks for this season, learnt a lot, onwards and upwards. To me that suggests he will ride in 2016 for a new club.

Kent tried x3 3.00 men this season and it didn't work at all. So surely they won't try again. However maybe Basford was destined for the number 8 spot and as well as the travelling, he wants a regular spot.