British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whistlegang

Kent 2016

Alex take your head for a wobble mate. You seem to be the only one who can't accept a quote from our Co promoter as official. Then say he was wrong to announce his ultimate goal for the club, which has not happened yet.

That settled I would say now with Danny conformed that Ben will probably be a rocket next term.

Kelsey Dugard has said he is probably not riding for Eastbourne next year, will he go to kent? Just to say I didn't see his quote thats why I didn't accept it. and how many times do goals in speedway get reached?

Go look at the oldest contributors, We are just kids! Yes I know and I stupidly didn't read it but I wanted a story from Kent like they have now done! Wasn't it false hope saying it could be 2016 then say oh no it wont be!

Logic on going Elite would be that Lakeside had folded. If, as is the case, they were running then a Friday running would be a non-starter and Elite league starting at 18:30 and completion come 20:30 is also illogical. The club's aspirations are commendable and I hope achievable, but not yet awhile I doubt.

• Like 1

Logic on going Elite would be that Lakeside had folded. If, as is the case, they were running then a Friday running would be a non-starter and Elite league starting at 18:30 and completion come 20:30 is also illogical. The club's aspirations are commendable and I hope achievable, but not yet awhile I doubt.

Kent have planning for a finishing time of 9.30 on Fridays, 6.30 on Monday. Because of school the next day!

Kent have planning for a finishing time of 9.30 on Fridays, 6.30 on Monday. Because of school the next day!

I meant 8.30.

Kent have planning for a finishing time of 9.30 on Fridays, 8.30 on Monday. Because of school the next day!

Actually not the case I'm afraid, flipper11.

The Planning Committee's decision when relayed back (though not evident at the actual Hearing itself) was that the extended curfew to 9.30pm was for Elite League only (and as you say, on Fridays).

An illogical decision because obviously any 'issues' the Council had about so-called "noise" (in fact no noise nuisance has ever been caused) would be no different whatever division or level of Speedway takes place at Central Park.

But nonetheless that is the current state of play regarding Planning.

Edited by Parsloes 1928 nearly
  • Like 1

The Planning Committee's decision when relayed back (though not evident at the actual Hearing itself) was that the extended curfew to 9.30pm was for Elite League only (and as you say, on Fridays).

An illogical decision because obviously any 'issues' the Council had about so-called "noise" (in fact no noise nuisance has ever been caused) would be no different whatever division or level of Speedway takes place at Central Park.

Need to get planning to run beyond this upcoming season as it is the last with planning granted. Seems that the devil is at work at CP and all could be lost as the Local Authority seem hesitant to grant any form of social activity licence. Seems it could go to the dogs!

Perhaps the council think that because elite riders go faster they make less noise than NL riders! Did I read that meetings on Fridays should be finished by 9.10pm unless there are re-runs & then it can be extended to 9.30? Anyway what ever time it starts n finishes & whatever league I cant wait for the season to start.

• Like 1

Perhaps the council think that because elite riders go faster they make less noise than NL riders! Did I read that meetings on Fridays should be finished by 9.10pm unless there are re-runs & then it can be extended to 9.30? Anyway what ever time it starts n finishes & whatever league I cant wait for the season to start.

Yes the wording (with that spurious EL clause of course) is that the meetings on a Friday have to end at 9.10pm but can go onto half past to take account of reruns.

I think it's fair to say that a meeting starting at 7.30pm would easily finish by 9.10pm IF there actually weren't any race stoppages and subsequent reruns, so that's a largely academic stipulation.

• Like 1

Go and get Kelsey D.

It's quite likely he isn't coming back to Eastbourne

Go and get Kelsey D.

If he was a 3 pointer I would have said without question but on 4.49 he seems a little dear?

For that amount of points Bowtell, Hume, Hunter are available and would all do a similar / better job. Bacon at 4.41 seems a bargain in comparison.

However I wouldn't be to disappointed with Kelsey riding @ 2.

Strange, but I failed to see him as anything other than a trier. If the Eastbourne setup could not get the best out of him I fail to see what Kent have to offer him. Kent need lower order racers who will add 1 or more points to their averages.

• Like 1

Strange, but I failed to see him as anything other than a trier. If the Eastbourne setup could not get the best out of him I fail to see what Kent have to offer him. Kent need lower order racers who will add 1 or more points to their averages.

They offer him a team run not by his dad and brother. Surely it puts less pressure on him not riding at Eastbourne as he doesn't have his dad all over his back

He's still very young and has the years and talent on his side to improve. Like many riders when they start out in the NL, all he would have to do to add that point you speak of is to learn to stay on the bike when in a scoring position.

• Like 2

He's still very young and has the years and talent on his side to improve. Like many riders when they start out in the NL, all he would have to do to add that point you speak of is to learn to stay on the bike when in a scoring position.

Staying on the bike it is then. As Alex 2000 says removing pressure may assist. The big question is that having two 3 pointers in the ranks are we going to do a 2015 and see them fail again? Does lightning strike twice, maybe?

Staying on the bike it is then. As Alex 2000 says removing pressure may assist. The big question is that having two 3 pointers in the ranks are we going to do a 2015 and see them fail again? Does lightning strike twice, maybe?

It was having three three pointers that really hurt Kent in 2015. If they use two in 2016 and one can kick on then they will be more competitive.