British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

Eastbourne IT First Eagles have welcomed rule changes introduced for the 2016 season at today’s (December 2) National League agm.

The 40-point limit for team building means the treble-winning team of 2015 will, as expected, have to be broken up.

Club director Connor Dugard said last year’s team had a combined average approaching 49 points and it was inevitable that changes would have to be made.

He said: “Forty points for the limit was what I expected and I have a team in mind which will challenge for honours.

“The seven I am lining up will entertain home and away and certainly be placed to challenge for both the league title and the KO Cup.”

Dugard has already announced the return of two team members from last year, Georgie Wood and Ben Hopwood, and indicated at least one other rider from 2015 would be back, although he refused to be drawn on names.

He did, however, immediately confirm that Kelsey Dugard would not be riding for Eastbourne in 2016.

Two big rule changes were also welcomed by Dugard – the scrapping of the double points tactical rule and the introduction of play offs to decide the league champions.

Last year Eastbourne rarely used the tactical rule but other teams used it to effect, especially when the Eagles lost at eventual champions Birmingham.

“I am happy it is a play-off system,” he said, “and the scrapping of the tactical ride is brilliant news.”

It was also announced after the agm that Eastbourne would not defend the National Trophy which they won in 2015.

Right now we have an official pts limit. We know we are going to be mostly saturdays, and only 3 returning from the final 7, and hopwood aint going to start at 1. how about this:

1.D.Greenwood 8.29

2.A.Mogridge 4.94

3.G.Wood 5.90

4.R.Andrews 5.18

5.B.Hopwood 8.00

6.C.Powell 3.00

7.T.Woolley 4.68

Shame only 3 returning as you could have this team with Spiller brothers instead of Aaron & Tom

Connor said on Twitter it's sorted but they aren't telling us another one until 16th. Another rider to think about is luke Chessell

Edited by Alex2000

I do not recall any comment from the club that Hopwood would not be number 1

Right now we have an official pts limit. We know we are going to be mostly saturdays, and only 3 returning from the final 7, and hopwood aint going to start at 1. how about this:

1.D.Greenwood 8.29

2.A.Mogridge 4.94

3.G.Wood 5.90

4.R.Andrews 5.18

5.B.Hopwood 8.00

6.C.Powell 3.00

7.T.Woolley 4.68

Shame only 3 returning as you could have this team with Spiller brothers instead of Aaron & Tom

[/quote

Why do you say Hopwood is not No1 ? I have not seen any notice to that effect or have I missed it.

Edited by Hunters

Quite happy to wait until the club is ready to announce the team.

I have no worries. Connor and Martin got it right last time and changed when necessary; as proved by 3 cups on the sideboard.

Publicity post New Year's Day is what any club wants.

I have never seen the wisdom of club's firing all their shots and announcing teams within days of the previous season ending.

That's a pretty weak team Steven

Looks an attractive one to me with plenty of potential for improvement.

Considering cradleys team will be

Clegg

Purchase

Morris

Neale

Perks

Andrews

Harris

Wasn't that Impressed by Charlie Powell when I saw him ride. Certainly not going to be as easy for eastbourne next year. Surely Rich Andrews will be in the team? Should be captain too.

Considering cradleys team will be

Clegg

Purchase

Morris

Neale

Perks

Andrews

Harris

I can't see Harris back there.

• Like 1

Heard that Kelsey has got a place which is good news for him as it was looking as if it was not going to happen for him at one stage, I guess he got his wish to move away for a year and i hope that he will take his time and see whats going on around him.

Hopwood 8.00

Andrews 5.2

Wood 5.9

Danno 3.00

Powell 3.00

Greenwood 8.29

Hazeldean 6.00

Total 39.39

Swap the Danno and Powell for the Spiller Brothers but i did hear that somene now sign a letter to someone to say they would represent GB not sure if was the Club who had to sign it or the rider, Cant see that under the age of 18 they can do that as i am sure it cant be legal, Another way of Speedway shooting itself in the foot, If Spiller lived in the Uk and did meetings in Germany at the weekendswould someone ask for the same to be done. I dont think so.

Love saturday night speedway gives me and the kids a lay in on Sunday.

Edited by catinthehat

In Conner's statement, doesn't he say ' at least ' one rider returning from last year which could indicate more than one ?