British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

Why is Ellis too good for the NL out of interest? He didn't get a 12 point average last year and he won't this year either. So he started the season well in the EL, that doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to sign for a team in a division he is eligible to ride in as well. How much he is getting paid is between Ellis and Eastbourne and considering his dad has said a few times here that he's not in it for the money I'm pretty sure that he's not doing it for the money.

He's a 20 year-old Brit and flying at present, people are going to want to watch him when he comes to town in the NL and if he ends up at the top of the riding order for Poole too then good for him and good for British speedway.

Why is Ellis too good for the NL out of interest? He didn't get a 12 point average last year and he won't this year either. So he started the season well in the EL, that doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to sign for a team in a division he is eligible to ride in as well. How much he is getting paid is between Ellis and Eastbourne and considering his dad has said a few times here that he's not in it for the money I'm pretty sure that he's not doing it for the money.

He's a 20 year-old Brit and flying at present, people are going to want to watch him when he comes to town in the NL and if he ends up at the top of the riding order for Poole too then good for him and good for British speedway.

Define "too good for the NL" or are you saying that a season end 12 point average is your measure? If it is, I think that is a tad ridiculous myself.

If he left Eastbourne today or, perish the thought,he was injured and unable to take his place in the re-run of Heat 1 at West Row this afternoon, what then would Adam have averaged in the NL in 2016 - not a Rolling Average, simply his MA based on his rides in the NL in 2016? Yes, it would be 12.00. Was Adam too good for the other NL riders yesterday at Arlington? Yes he was. He won all his heats, most by vast distances and in very quick times. Would you say that on yesterday's performance, he was, head and shoulders, above any other rider in that meeting? Yes you would - you couldn't say anything else. Just look at his time in Heat 15, compared to Heat 14. Does that make Adam Ellis too good for the NL? Please let me know your opinion. (My opinion is that a rider with a 10.00 NL MA is 'too good for the NL' and / or a rider who is winning heats for fun in the EL and is gaining Heat 15 nominations, is' too good for the NL'. Enjoy Your Speedway.

Edited by Multumesc

Define "too good for the NL" or are you saying that a season end 12 point average is your measure? If it is, I think that is a tad ridiculous myself.

If he left Eastbourne today or, perish the thought,he was injured and unable to take his place in the re-run of Heat 1 at West Row this afternoon, what then would Adam have averaged in the NL in 2016 - not a Rolling Average, simply his MA based on his rides in the NL in 2016? Yes, it would be 12.00. Was Adam too good for the other NL riders yesterday at Arlington? Yes he was. He won all his heats, most by vast distances and in very quick times. Would you say that on yesterday's performance, he was, head and shoulders, above any other rider in that meeting? Yes you would - you couldn't say anything else. Just look at his time in Heat 15, compared to Heat 14. Does that make Adam Ellis too good for the NL? Please let me know your opinion. (My opinion is that a rider with a 10.00 NL MA is 'too good for the NL' and / or a rider who is winning heats for fun in the EL and is gaining Heat 15 nominations, is' too good for the NL'. Enjoy Your Speedway.

Yawn! Please move on from this, it's so boring now. Adam's here now temporarily like it or not, I'm pleased, your not, let's talk about something else now ?

You're the one saying that he is too good for the division. And your pedantic point that if he didn't have another NL race his average this year would be 12 is wrong because a) cup matches don't count and B) even if they did he hasn't raced enough meetings to attain an average this year.

While he fits the eligibility criteria he isn't too good.

Sorry Ben but I thought the cup matches DO count it's the NT matches that don't count.

Sorry Ben but I thought the cup matches DO count it's the NT matches that don't count.

No, cup matches haven't counted towards averages for as long as I can remember. Can't see that having been changed this season.

Until brennan or spiller get in the 6 spot carrying 3 riders is going to make life very difficult.

Powell has ability but needs experience, strudwicks hopeless tbh. Harris is doing a gd job at 2 considering hes eastbournes 3 rd reserve in essence

Yawn! Please move on from this, it's so boring now. Adam's here now temporarily like it or not, I'm pleased, your not, let's talk about something else now ?Z

Agree gazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzac - to disagree.

You're the one saying that he is too good for the division. And your pedantic point that if he didn't have another NL race his average this year would be 12 is wrong because a) cup matches don't count and B) even if they did he hasn't raced enough meetings to attain an average this year.

While he fits the eligibility criteria he isn't too good.

I asked for your opinion. You chose not to give it, or don't have a valid one. I did not suggest it was an official MA. You are insinuating that.

No, cup matches haven't counted towards averages for as long as I can remember. Can't see that having been changed this season.

So? Do they or don't they? I'm happy to say that I don't know, or care really, as I don't believe in arguing with idiots, as they tend to drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

And now, as gazzac suggests, let the Thread move on...

Ben91 is correct, just had a look at my rules list and

States NL league matches only count for averages.

Live and learn :)

Ben91 is correct, just had a look at my rules list and

States NL league matches only count for averages.

Live and learn :)

Good to see that Adam is ridding for Eastbourne and who really cares now as it cant be changed almost the same as the Daniel Spiller racing for Eastbourne the rule book has not be broken and everyone has to get on with it. I watch the meeting at West Row yesterday and i have to say how nice it was to see Sam Bebee at reserve and in a few months i can see Tom Brennan in the side for Eastbourne as i watched him after the meeting beating 2 guys in pratice by half a lap and recording a time that would have won 3 races in the meantime on a track that had no grip.

i think with Adam in the Team he would be able to help someone like Brennan and very quickly pull him into the team and thats what this League is about bringing on someone who has not ridden by the best, Eastbourne will be the winner there.

• Like 1

Seems like a bit of forward planning by Eastbourne to have Adam teach Brennan? but i see where your coming from. The best teaching the rest why not if the cap fits then wear it (as long as it looks cool).

Edited by catinthehat
  • Like 1

Seems like a bit of forward planning by Eastbourne to have Adam teach Brennan? but i see where your coming from. The best teaching the rest why not if the cap fits then wear it (as long as it looks cool).

Looking at the photograph you use for your icon, I am not sure that the cap fits and it isn't cool.

But I take the point, the youngsters in the Eastbourne team can learn a lot from Adam Ellis.

Looks like Eastbourne's little book of contacts has run out as they are openly advertising for riders for the Buxton away match............sure the phone has been ringing non stop! :D

And if the rumour's on the Peterborough thread are anything to go by the Eagles might soon have their wings clipped........

Edited by Sings4Kings
  • Like 2

Looks like Eastbourne's little book of contacts has run out as they are openly advertising for riders for the Buxton away match............sure the phone has been ringing non stop! :D

And if the rumour's on the Peterborough thread are anything to go by the Eagles might soon have their wings clipped........

where abouts this will be interesting?