British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

Buxton are way under the limit anyway so it doesn't matter

Exactly so no worries on that score regarding what the riders score or don't as the case may be.

Even if a rider ended the season impressively, his average uses his scores all season long (not just the last 4 meetings). So it would even itself out and a strong finish might make himself look more attractive by teams thinking he could maintain that form.

I suppose I ought to have a proper read of the rules! One tries to put logic to speedway rules but I suppose having tried to do that for the last 16 years I should learn my lesson! Although it does seem odd to have your first average done on possibly 4 home meetings and your end of season average taken across the season if that's the rule.Probably will be different next year anyway I expect.

Edited by gazzac

I suppose I ought to have a proper read of the rules! One tries to put logic to speedway rules but I suppose having tried to do that for the last 16 years I should learn my lesson! Although it does seem odd to have your first average done on possibly 4 home meetings and your end of season average taken across the season if that's the rule.Probably will be different next year anyway I expect.

Gazzac it used to be three home and three away but it was felt that was too long with the way the fixtures were. Some teams weren't getting new averages on that basis until half way or more into the season. It was changed a couple of years ago and has obviously reduced the time a rider can spend at reserve (having seven rides if they are scoring well) if they are outscoring their team mates.

• Like 1

Gazzac it used to be three home and three away but it was felt that was too long with the way the fixtures were. Some teams weren't getting new averages on that basis until half way or more into the season. It was changed a couple of years ago and has obviously reduced the time a rider can spend at reserve (having seven rides if they are scoring well) if they are outscoring their team mates.

Just shows whatever way it's done can never be perfect, I suppose Eastie had such a conveyor belt of good reserves last year never gave it much thought on when the averages were done as it had little effect on the team!

I would not think anyone would have a problem with that.

The issue is why are they not using rolling averages for riders who already have an average. How can you replace history developed over 20 or 30 matches with just the latest 4? Seems bound to lead to team manipulation.

Congratulations to the Young Eagles.

Tom Brennan won the 500cc yesterday and Nathan Ablitt won the 150cc in the British Youth Championship 2nd round..

A nice double.

• Like 2

Any news on Adam Ellis took a serious soil sample at Monmore Green last night from all accounts !!

Tom Brennan won the 500cc yesterday and Nathan Ablitt won the 150cc in the British Youth Championship 2nd round..

A nice double.

Well done to both sussex Lads and a very impressive times by Tom Brennan faster then some of the PL races, i cant wait to see him race later in the year. Also to Nathan Ablitt i was told he was a few steps above the other riders,

I would not think anyone would have a problem with that.

The issue is why are they not using rolling averages for riders who already have an average. How can you replace history developed over 20 or 30 matches with just the latest 4? Seems bound to lead to team manipulation.

A nice double.

Due to the nature of the league, using rolling averages can be manipulated too because riders improve much faster when they're new to the sport. Take Mildenhall as an example with Bowtell, Isle of Wight with Dugard or Birmingham with Hume. Both improved massively at the end of last season and has nearly scored a maximum already this season. Yet his rolling average would still include his relatively poor scores at the start and middle of last season. So he would likely drop to reserve, as his average isn't going up as much as it should do as the assessed 3.00 reserve gets a new average.

Any news on Adam Ellis took a serious soil sample at Monmore Green last night from all accounts !!

Suspected dislocated shoulder

Suspected dislocated shoulder

Hopefully it's not broken or anything.... Still will knock his confidence good thing he's in a league where he can win to get confidence back.....

Hopefully it's not broken or anything.... Still will knock his confidence good thing he's in a league where he can win to get confidence back.....

Don't!! We'll have another 10 pages of should he or shouldn't he be here if your not careful.

Edited by gazzac

Don't!! We'll have another 10 pages of should he or shouldn't he be here if your not careful.

Oops sorry

Hope as you say there's nothing too serious wherever he's riding.

Assuming with a dislocated shoulder he won't be riding Saturday, but I assume we can have basically any guest with the astute signing of a high points average No 1 ? Oh I've just done an Al3x200!

Assuming with a dislocated shoulder he won't be riding Saturday, but I assume we can have basically any guest with the astute signing of a high points average No 1 ? Oh I've just done an Al3x200!

I'd go with the "Next Big Thing" and lie about Tom Brennan's age. Nobody'll notice...

Any EL rider up to an eight point average ;)

• Like 1