British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

Saw on Twitter there is a match of Reading vs Weymouth at Eastbourne in September. Can't work out if it's going to be one of those second halves or a meeting in its own right.

Saw on Twitter there is a match of Reading vs Weymouth at Eastbourne in September. Can't work out if it's going to be one of those second halves or a meeting in its own right.

Believe it's a second half, was something about it on South Today this morning.

Edited by gazzac

Spiller Jnr or strudders ?

Edited by jubileeclip

Spiller Jnr or strudders ?

Strudders is in the US of A currently

Read on snapchat that if none of the riders are fit they will put in a rider who will come in on 3 point average. I think there first name began with a C. Great comeback Saturday by the eagles. Good to hear that both Mark & Trevor are both now home

Was that on the clubs snapchat?

No they haven't used that for a couple of meetings. Expect it to be Connors

So has Your former number one left? He's no comparison to your new number one in Adam Ellis as he's brill but still I'm confused Somerset have said he is a asset but martin Dugard and Eastbourne say he hasn't only in speedway

I think they were probably in preliminary talks about the idea of a transfer so that Brad is owned by Somerset but the press office has released this information that he has transferred before all parties were notified. So at some point Brad will transfer I expect unless Martin now decided that he doesn't want to sell Brad but my guess is during the off season.

well well well, you bring a guy to the UK to race speedway and he pulls your pants down and makes the club look stupid, oh well you live and learn will be interesting to see how Brad gets on in the future, wish him all the best feel sorry for the Club but to be double crossed in speedway you get use to it.

Shame really as i thought that Brad was one of the good guys but looks like he is out to get what he can but he will always look back and see who was the club that took a chance and brought him to the UK. Brendon Johnson or BWD? was the call, Wished they stuck with BWD as least he would have stuck with the club.

I don't think it's quite like that Mrs Cambelt. Because it isn't Brad that has gone ahead and posted all over social media that he has changed who owns him. It's the Somerset promotion themselves that have jumped the gun. Anyway, we are national league and Brad can't ride that so he is no use to us at this moment anyway so would be better off being owned by someone who can give him a team place.

• Like 1

I would have thought the idea was to have rider's like Brad and Dan Spiller as Lakeside assets but with a gentleman's agreement that if we did eventually want to move up to PL we would have more or less a guarantee of first refusal on the rider (if he wanted to ride for us), even with the option of an EL berth at Lakeside. I'm sure out of choice the Dugards would rather that scenario than a direct transfer?

Edited by gazzac

We keep being told that NL clubs cannot have assets so Eastbourne would have no say in the matter.

As regards Brad letting us down or looking after his own interest, Why not? We brought him over yes, He rode his heart out for us, gave us more entertainment than we have had for years and had us on our feet with heat 15 of the cup final when it was obvious that he had made his mind up he would not be beaten. They change the rules and he had could not double up because of the non British Passport this year.

We owe him a lot and he owes us nothing. Good luck Brad hope you come back to defend the Sussex Championship when next it is run, you will get a huge reception.

• Like 5