British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

We keep being told that NL clubs cannot have assets so Eastbourne would have no say in the matter.

He is or was a Lakeside asset..

He is or was a Lakeside asset..

Another dimension, When and How? I don't ever remember him riding or signing for Lakeside.

Another dimension, When and How? I don't ever remember him riding or signing for Lakeside.

when NL weren't allowed assets anymore Eastbourne transferred all of their assets to Lakeside along with the agreement that we could use them or recall them when we needed them so lakeside own our riders like Andrews, BWD,Powell, Dugard and wood

when NL weren't allowed assets anymore Eastbourne transferred all of their assets to Lakeside along with the agreement that we could use them or recall them when we needed them so lakeside own our riders like Andrews, BWD,Powell, Dugard and wood

Something like I said yesterday!

Edited by gazzac

If NL clubs weren't allowed assets how could Eastbourne transfer something they did not own?

• Like 2

Eastbourne haven't done a great job with this, they tweet saying BWD is still contracted to Eastbourne but they very same day say he's a Lakeside asset, how can he be both? Am I missing something here? Do Eastbourne even know?

If NL clubs weren't allowed assets how could Eastbourne transfer something they did not own?

Thats a good point they didnt own anyone? but i did read somewhere that Kent has the same problem with Shanes and it was agreed that any club could have assests if they had signed before a certain date but the life of me i cant think when it was, But again i did read that Bob moved his assests to lakeside, Bridger and JK, Woodward and i think it was a danish rider. so i guess Martin did the same which make them all under one umbrella.

but i cant see the problem with lakeside selling Brad if thats the case or is it that they are fighting over the money? to me the effort he put in was 100% and worth every penny he was paid,

but on the other hand if i was trying to run a club and was invited to run in the PL as the rumours are its going to change why not want to use your own riders, you could use Brad, Bridger, JK, Woodward, Simon (as i hear he wants to return) almost a good side.

but hey i am dissapointed that BWD with BWD as i dont think anyone else would have took a chance on him in the UK. Just lucky that the Dugards took the chance for US all to watch him race, but thats why you pay good money to riders and from what was banded around last year i heard he made around a 20K figure not bad for a NL rider but thats only terrace talk

you can get cheap labour or a skillfull one but thats the difference is Price you always pay more for quallity..... and he was quallity.

Eastbourne haven't done a great job with this, they tweet saying BWD is still contracted to Eastbourne but they very same day say he's a Lakeside asset, how can he be both? Am I missing something here? Do Eastbourne even know?

Think your find he is lakeside asset that Eastbourne have an agreement with lakeside as a feeding club for the future, same as Boston and Kings Lynn use to be, and other clubs in the Uk but i might be wrong, its a bit like Somerset and Poole all under the Gary May and Matt Ford, and iwade and Kent, they all have some sort of Link somewhere deep in the mix of it all.

Edited by mrscambelt

Thats a good point they didnt own anyone? but i did read somewhere that Kent has the same problem with Shanes and it was agreed that any club could have assests if they had signed before a certain date but the life of me i cant think when it was, But again i did read that Bob moved his assests to lakeside, Bridger and JK, Woodward and i think it was a danish rider. so i guess Martin did the same which make them all under one umbrella.

but i cant see the problem with lakeside selling Brad if thats the case or is it that they are fighting over the money? to me the effort he put in was 100% and worth every penny he was paid,

but on the other hand if i was trying to run a club and was invited to run in the PL as the rumours are its going to change why not want to use your own riders, you could use Brad, Bridger, JK, Woodward, Simon (as i hear he wants to return) almost a good side.

but hey i am dissapointed that BWD with BWD as i dont think anyone else would have took a chance on him in the UK. Just lucky that the Dugards took the chance for US all to watch him race, but thats why you pay good money to riders and from what was banded around last year i heard he made around a 20K figure not bad for a NL rider but thats only terrace talk

you can get cheap labour or a skillfull one but thats the difference is Price you always pay more for quallity..... and he was quallity.

Think your find he is lakeside asset that Eastbourne have an agreement with lakeside as a feeding club for the future, same as Boston and Kings Lynn use to be, and other clubs in the Uk but i might be wrong, its a bit like Somerset and Poole all under the Gary May and Matt Ford, and iwade and Kent, they all have some sort of Link somewhere deep in the mix of it all.

terrace talk isn't far off in this case, but if a club supplies bikes / engines / accomodation etc .... a rider will make a profit. ( something BWD has got this yeear at Somerset too), shame young Brits can't get these kind of offers

terrace talk isn't far off in this case, but if a club supplies bikes / engines / accomodation etc .... a rider will make a profit. ( something BWD has got this yeear at Somerset too), shame young Brits can't get these kind of offers

If thats the case you can see why the effort and money put into Brad just walks away with giving nothing back to the club. Well we all live and learn, maybe English riders will get the chance now but the money that Eastbourne could have made in his name on the books has been lost, But Brad is his own man and he will do what is best for him and only for him, dont forget who looked after you when you wanted to come to the Uk (oh you have forgotten already) it was not somerset.

What's all the fuss about ? BWD was brought in to do a job which he did with exception . He now has no future at Eastbourne so I making his way as best as he sees for. He is self employed.

Bloody hell, what a lot of fuss over nothing.

I was at the Kent/Brummies match last night, and we think we've got problems !!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Tom Brennan is back on Saturday according to Eagles website. And cottham is still out

Bloody hell, what a lot of fuss over nothing.

I was at the Kent/Brummies match last night, and we think we've got problems !!!!!!!!

your right lets forget about the selfish self centered Kiwi lol lets move on to the English lads that are doing it for us this year, Tom Brennan is back which for me seem a bit early but i guess somebody knows what they are doing maybe a few practice laps will help him on Saturday morning.

Its going to be a good one this week tough for both teams with the outcome being very close but a home win for the eagles by ? how many i am not sure i like to think about 8 but could be less fingers crossed and everyone is safe.

• Like 1

I expect all this nonsense will mean he probably wouldn't want to ride for us again in the future anyway. At the end of the day a rider will only ride where he wants to disregarding who's asset he is,I imagine he'd now think twice!