British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

Well Danno verge will be in kents line up as he has just said he's got Kent Kings 2015,2016 on his Instagram profile. He did get better at the end of last year, I had thought he would be with is at Eastbourne

Edited by Al3x200

Well Danno verge will be in kents line up as he has just said he's got Kent Kings 2015,2016 on his Instagram profile. He did get better at the end of last year, I had thought he would be with is at Eastbourne

Oh b#gger f@rts b#gger. Really? Well that makes who to put at number 12 easier. Despite the newbies he will still be one of the worst reserves in the league.

last year people were dismissing the eagles for being a team of journeymen and unknown novices, the only people this team need to impress is the dugards and to do it on the track.we would be foolish to expect phillips to be another georgie wood but he has more experience of speedway than wood did and he knows that good performances would attract the attention of the rebels so it's not out of the question. a fitter, leaner hopwood should be as good if not better. andrews i wanted back but it will be tough for him to increase his average as i don't see him dropping to reserve this season. knight has totally come in under my radar but the reaction to him signing was very positive with him increasing his average easily and wood himself so long as he can avoid the dreaded 'consolidation second season' should carry on where he left off. if the worst kept secret in speedway is true and the no1 & no7 are hughes & powell, thats not a bad side at all but then again i an biased :D

Oh b#gger f@rts b#gger. Really? Well that makes who to put at number 12 easier. Despite the newbies he will still be one of the worst reserves in the league.

If that is true what a s**t signing.

Finished this season with 2.59 average.

What progress ???????

Then again expect nothing else from Mr Silver.

• Like 1

If that is true what a s**t signing.

Finished this season with 2.59 average.

What progress ???????

Then again expect nothing else from Mr Silver.

If I could put a photo of it on I would but I can't

last year people were dismissing the eagles for being a team of journeymen and unknown novices, the only people this team need to impress is the dugards and to do it on the track.we would be foolish to expect phillips to be another georgie wood but he has more experience of speedway than wood did and he knows that good performances would attract the attention of the rebels so it's not out of the question. a fitter, leaner hopwood should be as good if not better. andrews i wanted back but it will be tough for him to increase his average as i don't see him dropping to reserve this season. knight has totally come in under my radar but the reaction to him signing was very positive with him increasing his average easily and wood himself so long as he can avoid the dreaded 'consolidation second season' should carry on where he left off. if the worst kept secret in speedway is true and the no1 & no7 are hughes & powell, thats not a bad side at all but then again i an biased :D

The reason everyone rated the Eastbourne team last year was because it was full of riders who could hold their average or jokers who could add loads to their average which they all did even with Dugard & Owen not achieving as much as expected.

This year the clear jokers are not there but steady improvement throughout is very possible. Hopwood apart who should maintain his average there is potential for Hughes, Andrews & Woods to add a point each and Knight should be nearer 1.5-2. The difference is you wont have a Wood or Spiller type rider at reserve cleaning up. Many teams are in that boat also so it will be about who does/n't improve from the lower berths?

The reason everyone rated the Eastbourne team last year was because it was full of riders who could hold their average or jokers who could add loads to their average which they all did even with Dugard & Owen not achieving as much as expected.

This year the clear jokers are not there but steady improvement throughout is very possible. Hopwood apart who should maintain his average there is potential for Hughes, Andrews & Woods to add a point each and Knight should be nearer 1.5-2. The difference is you wont have a Wood or Spiller type rider at reserve cleaning up. Many teams are in that boat also so it will be about who does/n't improve from the lower berths?

This time last year not many people expected Wood to go so well and juding by the rare appearances that Powell made in the NL last year, I see no reason to suggest that he won't be one of the stronger reserve in the league even if he doesn't do a Zach/Perks/Wood/Spiller, he certainly could do a Neale/Dwyer/Kinsley/Bowtell imo.

I have since been back on his profile and he has removed the 2016 part however that doesn't take away from the fact he is likely to be with kings next year and I have my money firmly placed that he will be.

Gonna try avoiding predictions especially until we know all Line ups. But last season I confidently predicted kent would finish above Eastbourne and look what happened.... lol

But I do feel that cradley look the team with best average building potential. If jack and Luke fire the way they can then Cradley will be the team to beat.

Hughes will be good at 1 but remembering he was only at 5 last season,I can't see him putting anything on his average,knight will do well with help from the dugard but usually quits halfway through the season anyway.hopwood will improve only if he loses weight and then the rest of the team is 4 reserves.Birmingham my pick for next year

Georgie wood ' a reserve' the reserve that rode round Tom Perry on his home track using his own 3/4 bend line where he goes around everyone he most certainly isn't a reserve nor is Richard Andrews frankly Andrews is probably one of the strongest number 2 in the league

Better teams than Eastbourne on paper .

Hughes has a habit of jacking it in at the drop of a hat.

Hopwood will never be any better than the solid heat leader he is. Not enough in the tank this year at Eastbourne. They will not be winning a treble this year. Bloody good luck though all the same

saw wood at cov but weren't that impressed,looking at his scores he blows hot and cold,powell had 1 good meeting,nick philips I've not heard of but he's pictured a bike length infront of fletcher so that don't seem very promising,andrews has peaked I think. Cradley Birmingham Buxton top 3

saw wood at cov but weren't that impressed,looking at his scores he blows hot and cold,powell had 1 good meeting,nick philips I've not heard of but he's pictured a bike length infront of fletcher so that don't seem very promising,andrews has peaked I think. Cradley Birmingham Buxton top 3

I don't think the meeting at Coventry said anything good for our riders! Only Brad and hopwood. I think wood blows far more hot than cold. Cradley have some good riders but they have 2 heat leaders that won't improve in Morris and Clegg. They have both outgrown the league and with Clegg doing 2 more leagues that are more important I can see him dropping this league as a realistic possibility if he can't fit everything in.

Hughes has a habit of jacking it in at the drop of a hat.

That was my worry at the start of the season but it didn't take long to see that he was back to his best and, with some more money thrown at him, he could carry on where he left off in the PL.

• Like 2