British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

I agree with what you are saying but at a cost, NL cant build the talent up and then it be taken away as and when the EL or PL have a fixture, Its all about Speedway at the end of the day, If the NL are not allowed assets or have any riders on the books as per the last AGM meeting then they cant put a data base together of riders to build the club up. Look at Kent last year buying James and next thing you know he is not worth anything to Kent as they are not allowed assets.

What a joke.

Totally agree Cat.

If NL is to succeed and provide riders for PL and EL it must be able to profit from having assets.

If not, what's the point in spending money on training people.

Like much in speedway, not a very funny joke.

Perhaps the NL clubs should declare independence.

• Like 1

I hear that Breandan Johnson was having a few laps at Iwade the other day getting in some early laps. I was told he was good of the start but was unable to slide going in the first turn and crashed into the fence. Hope he was ok but have to say i pleased he was not in the Eastbourne team. BWD was the right choice and this years team is as good or if not better then last years.

Roll on the season,

Wonder who "Cat in the hat" is? Some Nimwit who likes to talk rubbish.

As for Brendan not being able to slide, go watch his practice video on speedway portal, will show you, he crashed so many times and was unable to complete 4 laps.

http://www.speedwayportal.com/#!bj-bts-2016/oee64

Roll on the season.

Looks like the info i was told was 100% wrong :) if you watch the video but accoriding to the video but if you look at it he goes out the start then then video is cut and he rides back to the start line again with dust and dirt all down his left leg and across his arse you dont get that with out having a fall.

Cant believe that i got the info wrong but i hate for you to cast accusation that are not ture.

Edited by catinthehat

Too much priority for the higher (allegedly) level of speedway will lead to the death of the lower levels.

Fans of NL and PL don't like seeing matches where their riders have been whisked off to a higher level, only to be replaced by guests and r/r.

Why doesn't the EL just employ enough of its own riders without having to steal others from lower divisions?

The EL made a mess of the bed-they should sleep in it.

I think the EL having set race nights will help. However a them-and-us attitude really doesn't help anybody, and the FTR scheme is one of the few good ideas to come out of the EL for quite some time. I think predicting the 'death of lower levels' is a little bit dramatic.

• Like 2

2016 Fixtures are out there today if anyone is interested.

Home and Away Challenge fixtures against Kent on Good Friday opens the programme before an away trip to Coventry on the Monday:

http://eastbourneeagles.co/fixtures16

hope the eagles get passed the tigers in the koc. to me the fixture list looks very light without the trophy , there's 2 months worth of reserved dates. one home meeting in the whole of july and august is a joke.

Think at trick has been missed with cup. A month without speedway and people will forget about it and do other things. Youth champs to be put in and they must have something else as well.

Think at trick has been missed with cup. A month without speedway and people will forget about it and do other things. Youth champs to be put in and they must have something else as well.

There hasn't been any speedway since October, I've not forgotten about it, have you?

There hasn't been any speedway since October, I've not forgotten about it, have you?

errr no but non dedicated fans like yourself might. People who go for the first time this season then see it's not on for a month will probably fill their time with something else and not bother going back when it starts again

Connor said they havnt written out the correct fixtures he sent on Facebook and Twitter said keep your eyes peeled for corrections

I think the EL having set race nights will help. However a them-and-us attitude really doesn't help anybody, and the FTR scheme is one of the few good ideas to come out of the EL for quite some time. I think predicting the 'death of lower levels' is a little bit dramatic.

All very well for an EL club supporter to have that point of view. The us and them is being created by the EL/PL who don't wish to pay for riders they take from the NL. Developing a rider costs money. Why shouldn't the EL/PL pay and why must they have priority?

If EL/PL want priority, find your own young riders and then let go out to NL-for free, of course.

I see that some fixtures are missing from the fixture list, Nothing to do with the Club but also seems the guy that put it together cant count as not enough fixtures on the table, but i am sure that someone from the club will sort it out.

I see that Bdj has whimped out on the fight with Brandon Freemantle . No balls.......

I bet he didnt want his season to end again before it started lol with a fight with Brandon Freemantle

I heard he crashed at Iwade too, and he's quite lucky there think Freemantle would have pulmerized him

I hear that Breandan Johnson was having a few laps at Iwade the other day getting in some early laps. I was told he was good of the start but was unable to slide going in the first turn and crashed into the fence. Hope he was ok but have to say i pleased he was not in the Eastbourne team. BWD was the right choice and this years team is as good or if not better then last years.

Roll on the season,

What a load of rubbish!! Brendan was at the practice last Sunday and looked to be going pretty well. The track cut up later and he had a spill on the second bend, no big deal just a normal, run of the mill practice spill. The whole unable to slide bit is a figment of yours or somebody else's imagination and had no place in a sensible conversation.

• Like 1