British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

The problem is at some stage someone is going to have to break away from the run of the mill, either if the top boy wont change then why should anyone else, but the problem is that somone needs too, why should the NL boys have to ride the same equipment as lets say Chris Holder, if speedway is going to survive then it need to lower the price at the gate, but its not the riders fault if they need more money to maintain equipment.

I think if it was a £10 or less sport even if the boys were all on 570cc engines i think it would be great, but from what i have heard that they will be going to make some sort of standard engine / bike.

At the moment they need a very big step towards a change somewhere.

going back to a pre owned engine Richard Andrews blew an engine up at the last meeting last year at coventry and was reported to have been a new replacement motor, so the money he spent on the engine and it was not due a service cost him, Also i do remember seeing an engine that george wood blew up was also another one for the dustbin, seems that the NL boys think they are buying the best from others but they will only do a season, so the pre owned engine life is very limited.

We both agree that changes are required if the sport is to progress / survive just differing opinions on how it could/should be done.

It should be a £10 sport and the riders wages even at NL level are getting out of control. "but its not the riders fault if they need more money to maintain equipment". Its the riders choice how much they spend and where they spend it. Just as it is with supporters and those turning their backs on the sport year after year. The bubble has burst and riders who are trying to make the sport pay for itself or even a profit at NL level are dragging it down.

If they were paid less then some would have to consider more durable engines? Faster engine = more points but more bills vs reliable engine = less points but cheaper to maintain?

As for pre owned engines they are just the same as 2nd hand cars. There is no such thing as a bargain its all a gamble to be taken. Ive always felt they are sold incorrectly anyway....Why would a rider pay for a thorough service then sell the engine? They have the bare minimum done to maximise profit.

Second hand engines should be run until service is due then sold and let the new buyer get it checked & maintained for themselves.

100% correct but try buying and engine from lets say Han Andersson who is having a good run on that engine and he wants £2000 for an engine then he says to you its due a service? then you find its worn out, a rebuild cost of £600. The only person who make money again is the top boys, they earn it they sell the equipment on the spin of the name and so on.

if Jawa came up with a deal for 14 engines per club at a sensible cost and the riders can put the engines into there original bikes but the engines are sealed i am sure it would follow suit with other leagues, make the NL a break away league from the rest of British Speedway and see how long it last, i am sure it will be there longer then the EL as they cant even fill the full teams. If they cant do that then no Tv money and bingo another pop the big bubble has gone.

Roll on NL speedway and Roll on the season at Eastbourne it was the best season we have seen for many a year.

Some of these figures costs are way out, a service from a tuner that we use is normally around the £300 mark £150 labour the rest is parts which includes mains ,pin , and rings reseat valves new gaskets ect and thorough check of everything else which is pretty standard and he tells us to do around 50/55 hts before he wants it back so we keep a note of what we do and try to get it back to him When it's dew , most riders will do that but a lot will just estimate what they have done . not many NL riders will buy new engines they will buy from decent pl/elite riders who they trust and these riders normally give you paperwork with what it's had done last time like when it last had piston rod ect most major failures that I have seen are the piston breaking/turning and basically wrecking the complete top end which then costs excess of £1000++ got one away at the moment for service and tuner said that we should put a new piston as it must be over 2 seasons old (that's how long he has been looking after it and don't really know how long it's been in there ) but it still looks ok , ok it's £200 extra but for piece of mind I do it a spending a little extra saves in the long run in this sport I think but a lot of riders and some tuners will say if it looks ok just leave it and keep their money in their pocket false economy I think .t

As for clubs buying engines that's got no chance lol even if you bought 7 standard new engines you would get a couple that were faster than others and a few that would be slower than the rest never get 2 the same

Edited by mac101

I agree with what your saying but someone will have to stand up and stop the rolling stone of cost increasing, i can see the problems with standard engines and i think its a great idea, i think let them all roll up and bolt and engine in a meeting. :)

Let jawa supply the engines and carbs and call it the jawa league, money from the club towards this project. riders turn up and the away team have first pick of engines then the home team.

it could work if they really wanted it too but they cant even sort out a fixture list let along engines and services lol.

The Eastbourne fixtures are a disgrace, all other clubs have a well balanced fixture list why not Eastbourne, I have mailed the management I await there response with interest

Did you get a response Argos?

I never contacted them as they put the reason why it was such a disgrace in the public domaine, so fair enough

Fixture list does not flow very well for Eastbourne but if you look at Cradley and Birmingham who Peter Morrish seems to be very close too both clubs seem to have a perfect fixture list for 2016,

Buxton and Eastbourne seem to have been given a poor fixture list, but i guess it wont matter when it come to the finals as Eastbourne should be in them. :)

Fixture list does not flow very well for Eastbourne but if you look at Cradley and Birmingham who Peter Morrish seems to be very close too both clubs seem to have a perfect fixture list for 2016,

Buxton and Eastbourne seem to have been given a poor fixture list, but i guess it wont matter when it come to the finals as Eastbourne should be in them. :)

Of course they will because nobody returns from the "Arlington Triangle" with anything :wink:

Of course they will because nobody returns from the "Arlington Triangle" with anything :wink:

Grapes turning sour again in Birmingham. We expect nothing less.

Brummies have traditionally been poor in Sussex.

When they were in the Elite League, they were the one team I would never, ever want to see.

More of the same in 2016?

Grapes turning sour again in Birmingham. We expect nothing less.

Brummies have traditionally been poor in Sussex.

When they were in the Elite League, they were the one team I would never, ever want to see.

More of the same in 2016?

Who are the 2015 Champions---no sour grapes there only from Eastbourne who thought it was their divine right to win everything.

Yes we have along with 90% of the other teams who go and never return from the "Arlington Triangle"

Likewise watching your lot---always boring watching the Budgies except against Poole or Arena as usually one sided.

Yes no doubt we will lose at the "Triangle" once more but if we win the title again yes more of the same please---but as you now have not only the advantage of the "Triangle" but also the play-offs i'm sure it's yours to lose hopefully!

P.S. Your mother surely named you aptly buddy :wink:

Edited by Brummiestormer

Who are the 2015 Champions---no sour grapes there only from Eastbourne who thought it was their divine right to win everything.

Yes we have along with 90% of the other teams who go and never return from the "Arlington Triangle"

Likewise watching your lot---always boring watching the Budgies except against Poole or Arena as usually one sided.

Yes no doubt we will lose at the "Triangle" once more but if we win the title again yes more of the same please---but as you now have not only the advantage of the "Triangle" but also the play-offs i'm sure it's yours to lose hopefully!

Blimey Brummiestormer, you need to get that Mccain size chip off your shoulder regarding Eastbourne. But hopefully you're correct and The Eagles will reign supreme.

Is there something wrong with you brummiestormer

So poor as a comment.

So Jake knight finally got out on the track at Eastbourne today. Wonder if anyone else did too?