British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

Damm missed it as it was not up on the internet, next week the kids are taking me out as its mothers day so wont be able to make it :( Photos of the new guys look good seems again the Eastbourne management have found another star in the team with Jake Knight.

Dissapointed i missed it but they keep that one quite about training, but i guess they wanted the boys to have a few laps with out any pressure of the public watching dont really blame them for that.

Hope to see them there in a few weeks time.

Knight has been riding league Speedway since 2009 and is a six point NL man, wouldn't get too excited over him.

Knight had never been to Eastbourne until the weekend and from whats been said about him from the internet and the photos i have to say he looks impressive, also from the photos it looks like he was on BWD bikes from last year so we all no how quick that goes.

I think he is going to be the dark horse in the side or even the dark Knight :rofl: , with some good bikes under him a big home track advantage i can see his average going up a point or more, Its east to get a good average when you start the season with a bang.

Knight has been riding league Speedway since 2009 and is a six point NL man, wouldn't get too excited over him.

Tbf he isnt a 6 point man, is he, he came back mid season last year after a year or so out and then got injured. He's a 7 to 8 really really and has ridden in the Premier League before. How many NL '6 point men' have done that? Plus put him on a track with as good a home track advantage as Arlington and his average will only go up, he might not be a world beater but it's a good signing nevertheless.

Edited by Islander15
  • Like 2

Knight had never been to Eastbourne until the weekend and from whats been said about him from the internet and the photos i have to say he looks impressive, also from the photos it looks like he was on BWD bikes from last year so we all no how quick that goes.

I think he is going to be the dark horse in the side or even the dark Knight :rofl: , with some good bikes under him a big home track advantage i can see his average going up a point or more, Its east to get a good average when you start the season with a bang.

Anyone can look impressive in practice. As for being on BWD's bikes that doesn't make any difference whatsoever, I could jump on them and I bet you they wouldn't even go sideways.

Tbf he isnt a 6 point man, is he, he came back mid season last year after a year or so out and then got injured. He's a 7 to 8 really really and has ridden in the Premier League before. How many NL '6 point men' have done that? Plus put him on a track with as good a home track advantage as Arlington and his average will only go up, he might not be a world beater but it's a good signing nevertheless.

He has finished one season with an average over seven. He's a six point rider at NL level. He had some time with Sheffield in the PL and struggled. Edited by Ben91

Anyone can look impressive in practice. As for being on BWD's bikes that doesn't make any difference whatsoever, I could jump on them and I bet you they wouldn't even go sideways.

He has finished one season with an average over seven. He's a six point rider at NL level. He had some time with Sheffield in the PL and struggled.

Which team do you support? I'm sure we can find something to pick at there as it doesn't sound like your an eastie fan. I think he will be a 7-8 pointer not being at #1 in the team and having good equipment which was his downfall before

Which team do you support? I'm sure we can find something to pick at there as it doesn't sound like your an eastie fan. I think he will be a 7-8 pointer not being at #1 in the team and having good equipment which was his downfall before

I support Rye and there's plenty to be critical of there. Nothing personal against him or Eastbourne, I just don't see where all the hype surrounding him has come from when he has had one half decent season since 2009.

• Like 1

I support Rye and there's plenty to be critical of there. Nothing personal against him or Eastbourne, I just don't see where all the hype surrounding him has come from when he has had one half decent season since 2009.

Admittedly there isn't much hype around any rider at Eastbourne this season they are all solid riders but nothing unexpected will happen I think. The one question I have for rye is why did you let Bowtell go????

He has finished one season with an average over seven. He's a six point rider at NL level. He had some time with Sheffield in the PL and struggled.

I am with Islander on that one. He's better than 6.00 in the NL and a good signing on that average.

The one I am looking forward to seeing again, though, is George Wood. I was hugely impressed with him last season and rated him - with Zach Wajtknecht - my novice of the year. I'd thought he was pretty good until he pulled off an absolutely astonishing ride at Rye House late in the season, going past both home riders - including Luke Priest - like they weren't there. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a go in the PL this season.

• Like 2

Admittedly there isn't much hype around any rider at Eastbourne this season they are all solid riders but nothing unexpected will happen I think. The one question I have for rye is why did you let Bowtell go????

No reason has been given really, the loss of Bowtell and Hume will hit us hard though and be a benefit to the sides they have joined. With those two and Hunter who we have managed to keep hold of we had the bottom end of a decent side, that's not to be now sadly. Of course that's a bit of a tangent from Eastbourne! It'll be interesting to see how Kyle Hughes gets on, looked back to his best with us last year, hope to see him keep it up.

• Like 1

I think the wheels have come of the train at Rye House when Andrew Silver was made an escape goat, As for Hughes Bowtell Hume must have also thought the same thats why they jumped ship before it started to go under, With Rye having a new shaped track this year all home advantage has gone and then with out the Stanford as team manager opps did i hear that right another one at the top has gone also.

Well i love to give you a race Ben(! you can use your trike and i can have a ride on my barbie bike first one to the pit gate wins. :) xxxx

I think George will make a big step forward this year and any mechanical issuse he had last year that killed his average will help, Also another thing with Jake him on BWDs bikes which were perfect for Eastbourne set up around the so called Trick track will put him a few wheels ahead of most riders that only come to the Arlington Bowl a few times a year.

mmmm no practice a Rye House due to the new saftey fence and pits and work being carried out. Thats good for the sport but no good for your team if you cant get on and have a few important laps.

Edited by catinthehat