British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

In fact, the NL IS a 'Professional Speedway League'; the President of the BSPA said so.

It isn't professional unless the riders are earning a full time living from it, I can't see anyone earning a full time living from NL racing.

In fact, the NL IS a 'Professional Speedway League'; the President of the BSPA said so.

Category 4 states: having ridden NL as an amateur. So the rule itself infers that the NL is an amateur league, unless its a professional league filled with amateur competitors (by virtue of needing a second job to make a living). But by definition, doesn't that make it an amateur league!!

Regarding BWD, once the BSPA decided he was eligible for the NL his PL (and EL) average was 3.00. I don't see how there can be any doubt, it's not even a grey area.

I think the issue is they illegally let him ride NL.

Regarding BWD, once the BSPA decided he was eligible for the NL his PL (and EL) average was 3.00. I don't see how there can be any doubt, it's not even a grey area.

I thought it was established way back that he had patriality.

How do you make that out?

They let him in on the fact he was part British so he came in on a 5.00 rather than 3 so surely he's come into 1 league on 5 so the others will be the same?

He has British patriality = 5

He has Nz passport = commonwealth

Falls into two categories in bspa rule book / 3 as qualified from nl. 7 as qualified as commonwealth. As he has patriality they met half way and let him join pl on a 5.

They let him in on the fact he was part British so he came in on a 5.00 rather than 3 so surely he's come into 1 league on 5 so the others will be the same?

He has British patriality = 5

He has Nz passport = commonwealth

Falls into two categories in bspa rule book / 3 as qualified from nl. 7 as qualified as commonwealth. As he has patriality they met half way and let him join pl on a 5.

They didn't "let him in" he was fully entitled, as per the regulations, to enter the NL on a 5 point average. Once in the NL, he can only move into the PL on a 3 point average unless they change the rules. The 7 point average is for Commonwealth riders new to British Speedway, which he isn't.

It's been awesome but next year I hope to go on to even bigger and better things and to further my career as a speedway rider. - He said this in his thank you post. Which tells me he won't be back in NL next year as he has done most of what he can do in the NL and needs to move up to improve further. If he can't get a PL spot will he think it's worth coming over just for NL?

As do so many riders at that level on their sign written vans.

Just seen about Kelsey, Shame but he did tell everyone that he didnt want to ride for Eastbourne in 2016 as he was hard to ride when your father and brother run the team, Seems he shot himself in the steel boot. lol

Time for him to look else where or see if anyone wants to come forward for him.

He's not riding for us? Shame hope Niall isn't his replacement cat

I've been around in speedway a good few years and I have seen the best speedway this year credit to connor and Martin Dugard luckily my grandaughter shows me how to use the computer. I can't wait for next season and I can't wait to see what the new team is .

well i hope that Niall finds a place as well, I have to say its a hard one to put together but i know from the past years at Eastbourne if your face fits you stay, but maybe this is where the club went wrong, but i might be wrong again, lets see what the points limit is and bingo we see the team come together.