British Speedway Forum

try having a discussion about it rather than give daft statements. I post on a lot of teams threads and I'm discussing that Edinburgh might find it harder. Either you have no intellect to respond or you are incapable of debating.

thank you for a perfectly reasoned response which shows that some Edinburgh fans are capable of giving a proper answer

Ok then, if Cook had stayed then you probably have to lose Sam, and therefore likely also end up with a 4 point rider in your top 5, the point you seem to be missing is that after a successful season Edinburgh were well over the limit, so to get back under it's pretty obvious you are going to have be to and will look a weaker team than what finished last season.

As for Sam not scoring what Craig did, he managed to for most of the first half of last season, so that doesn't concern me, I also think Fisher being back in an environment he enjoys can quite easily match what Wölbert did last season.

I'm personally happy with our team so far, yes we'll miss Cookie and Sedgy but life goes on.

Edited by spt82
  • Like 1

I'll have to dig out the 5-0 video with fish's celebrations.

have you got the one from workington when he gave up rode on to centre green when workington rider was pushing bike home and was behind him

Edited by scarra

have you got the one from workington when he gave up rode on to centre green when workington rider was pushing bike home and was behind him

nope but not surprised... it's all part of the package.

Tough season ahead

Will the Monarchs achieve what we have in the last 2 years, that's unlikely as we beat the odds by repeating. But tough i don't think so. Should at least make the playoffs.

Having won the Quad in 2014 then last season's treble of course 2016 looks harder because we have to weaken to get to 42.5 and in theory give everyone a chance to catch up. That's the way the sport is structured.

Fisher is not directly replacing Cook because no one can and he would not be expected to. Sam wears 1 for a good reason and will be fine,especially at home. Sedgy can't be replaced because he was a heatleader in disguise and we are only allowed 3. Still Erik and Max should improve,Sam and Ryan have some fractions to add and we will be competitive again.

Let battle commence......maybe this season Gavan Danny Olympic might win races at our place?

Or maybe not....

I think there no doubt Edinburgh will be there or thereabouts.

Fisher should be a decent signing as a no3. Im expecting a 'rabbit out of the hat' type signing for the last place.

How much improvement from Riss and Clegg could decide if the team is really successful IMO.

I think both are on the up its just how quickly.

Edinburgh have got a strong looking side, and as many of the Edinburgh fans have already stated, they have a home advantage which should allow Fisher to increase his average - IF he stays on. However, anyone that says it isn't a weaker team than last year is on drugs.

On paper Glasgow, Sheffield and Newcastle all look stronger, surely.

No worries at all about the 5 named so far.

The keys will be the 3 pointer and the final team member.

Remember all 5 are championship winners!!

Well one thing for sure is that the races between Fisher and Barker when the two meet are going to be entertainment. Love em or not those two have to be the maddest but most entertaining to watch imo, they would be the two at the top of my list as riders you are most likely to pay to watch regularly. Both clubs now have the type of rider likely to appeal to first timers and get them back through the gate, can only be good for Scottish speedway

• Like 3

Edinburgh look good as usual, Glasgow will be up there, Newcastle look very good, dont understand anyone who rates Ipswich they look beyond average.

Yes he is.

You had a top 3 of Masters Wolbert and Cook

You have a top 3 of Masters Wolbert and Fisher.

Irrelevent of what number they ride he has replaced Cook

Masters will not score what Cook did

Wolbert will not score what Masters did

Fisher will not score what Wolbert did.

I admit you had to lose points but you have lost the leagues best number 1 and the leagues best second string. Going to be very very tough to replace 20 points a meeting with Fisher and whoever else is signed

and I thought simon stead was the leagues best number 1, according to the averages, cookie could guest for simon, but simon couldn't guest for cookie, point proven.

there are a lot of pl teams you could make a title case for,they all look of similar strength apart from about 3 teams, this years basement club redcar could look a hot bet if they get the right guy in as last member, monarchs for the play offs in my book.(and I tipped you guys to win it this year)

There is no rider who could replace Cookie, either ability wise or due to points restrictions. If BV had chose Saturday as race night I could have seen myself heading there some Saturdays. Re Ryan, at 32 can he put a couple of points on his average? It's a big ask but surely Riss and Clegg should make great strides. I have thought all along that the 3 pointer and the 6 pointer riders will be the crucial signings.

A Barker, Worrall, Fisher, Masters race? Interesting to say the least!

• Like 1

Ok then, if Cook had stayed then you probably have to lose Sam, and therefore likely also end up with a 4 point rider in your top 5, the point you seem to be missing is that after a successful season Edinburgh were well over the limit, so to get back under it's pretty obvious you are going to have be to and will look a weaker team than what finished last season.

As for Sam not scoring what Craig did, he managed to for most of the first half of last season, so that doesn't concern me, I also think Fisher being back in an environment he enjoys can quite easily match what Wölbert did last season.

I'm personally happy with our team so far, yes we'll miss Cookie and Sedgy but life goes on.

i know you had to lose points thats the nature of the sport and a successful side.

My point is that you are replacing Cook/Sedgman (20 points a meeting i would guess) with Fisher/6 pointer , which in my view you will do well to get 15 points a meeting out of

That must mean you are a lot weaker and all i was asking is are you worried about your chances

i know you had to lose points thats the nature of the sport and a successful side.

My point is that you are replacing Cook/Sedgman (20 points a meeting i would guess) with Fisher/6 pointer , which in my view you will do well to get 15 points a meeting out of

That must mean you are a lot weaker and all i was asking is are you worried about your chances

it could just mean they win 50-40 rather than 55-35.

Still 3 points and possibly more entertaining....

• Like 1