British Speedway Forum

Boney M onarch.............. did i spell that right ?

Doesn't need to. Playing the "British grannie" card.

any relation to Laurie that rode previously?

so it looks like sam masters will be eating his words . blasting the victorian champs and other meetings like them . saying they should be good enough to qualify with the big boys and only the best should be allowed into the uk .then edinburgh pull the master stroke and are allowed jye etheridge in the uk racing circle through his grandparents . i wonder what sam thinks about that then ? comes in on a 5 and will prob stay a 5 for the whole season . better than campton. we will have to wait and see.

if he is coming in via the Brit family route then would imagine he will be allowed to dip below 5 if his scores are that way unlike the visa guys.

Dont think Berwick will annoy us neP,

it does give us a long tail. I expect erik and Max to push on but the new lads will take time to settle...so fair enough. hoping the return of Sir fish adds points to his average and entertainment is assured.

granted we won`t be as good initially as we were in the last 2 seasons, but those were all conquering teams so with "weakening" inevitable to restore parity, we will rely more on our big hitters and sam to act as guide and mentor for jye.

Looking forward to it, we wont suffer for lack of effort, team spirit or warm welcome from the terraces.

Sam Masters & Big hitters in the same sentence i see what you have done there very clever or perhap's not.

Dont think Berwick will annoy us neP,

it does give us a long tail. I expect erik and Max to push on but the new lads will take time to settle...so fair enough. hoping the return of Sir fish adds points to his average and entertainment is assured.

granted we won`t be as good initially as we were in the last 2 seasons, but those were all conquering teams so with "weakening" inevitable to restore parity, we will rely more on our big hitters and sam to act as guide and mentor for jye.

Looking forward to it, we wont suffer for lack of effort, team spirit or warm welcome from the terraces.

Take it you weren't standing next to us at the play off final at the dump warm is not how i would describe it.

Wouldnt the only warm welcome be if one of the locals pi$$ed in your pocket!

• Like 1

if he is coming in via the Brit family route then would imagine he will be allowed to dip below 5 if his scores are that way unlike the visa guys.

Grannie only gets him an Ancestry Visa, which means he isn't as restricted as the full visa guys, but (according to Rob Godfrey in the Star) he still will not drop below a 5.00 in the averages.

Some time ago, the Star said his name rhymed with Tai. If he's as good, Edinburgh have surely pulled a bunny out their hat.

Wouldnt the only warm welcome be if one of the locals pi$$ed in your pocket!

It was cold but I can think off better ways to get a heat.

• Like 1

Unusual to see a team declare at more than a point under 42.50. Ryan will really need to up his average. Need to give the boys a chance. Anyone heard anything about the 3 pointer?

Its not the greatest team in Edin history but not the worst iv seen (same can be said for Glas). Every rider capable of increasing their average or easily as capable of dropping it. Last signing shouldnt really make a huge difference to how our season will pan out so dont mind waiting.

If we make the playoffs great another good season, if not then oh well onto 2017 its not a big deal really (been spoiled last 2 seasons)

March still a long way off so will just sit back and enjoy watching all this petty bickering between what I consider 2 of the best fans (never had a bad experience from either side).

Merry Chrimbo

• Like 1

Its not the greatest team in Edin history but not the worst iv seen (same can be said for Glas). Every rider capable of increasing their average or easily as capable of dropping it. Last signing shouldnt really make a huge difference to how our season will pan out so dont mind waiting.

If we make the playoffs great another good season, if not then oh well onto 2017 its not a big deal really (been spoiled last 2 seasons)

March still a long way off so will just sit back and enjoy watching all this petty bickering between what I consider 2 of the best fans (never had a bad experience from either side).

Merry Chrimbo

And to you and yours!

Condolences to Joanna Balsillie on the loss of husband Mitch.

Edited by tyretrax

Whoever it is he is riding on terms the Edinburgh offer and not over inflated terms their original 3pt man was wanting and was told too " forget it" according to article in EEN.

Any whisper on who that rider was?