British Speedway Forum

I believe Aaron Fox just decided he wasn't ever going to be good enough! That's how I read it anyway.

Really? :/ What a shame

Re Fox: Confidence probably took a knock at Berwick when he was hit by three bikes (live on TV) - the horrific crash when Wethers went over the fence. To coin a phrase, left feeling pretty "second hand".

You're complaining about how speedway has been unfair to Edinburgh after the last 3 seasons? XD That's life my arse... I wish Newcastle were as successful as Edinburgh have been recently, just saying :P

Also Aaron Fox was a great rider for the weakest rider in the team, I remember how good he was guesting for Newcastle, I'd like to see him back in the UK, Why isn't he? Visa or just travelling and costs or did no one want him?

I think you misread my message I was complaining that it is not fair on everyone (not just Edinburgh) that the strengths of teams and potentially trophies can be decided by timing of events and the dates averages kick in. I just used this example where Monarchs missed out on 2 points because new averages for the rest of the team and Erik Riss in particular kicked in 2 days before they were allowed to replace Jye. I wasn't actually complaining and hopefully Mark Riss will come in and perform like a 7 point rider.

As everyone loves a moan they always remember the times where their team lost out on a good deal and very rarely remember the occasions where they have benefitted from the rules. One of the remarkable things about the last 2 seasons was Edinburgh won both times with the same 7 riders throughout the season, not many teams can claim that!

I brought up the Aaron Fox example because he came in on a 5 point average as the 5th rider in the team and whilst his scores were better than Jye's when he got his first average it was below 3 and that included a couple of meetings at reserve as sedgy went above him on 1st May. So for a short period of time Edinburgh could have replaced him with another 5 point rider but decided not to as they could see potential and didn't want to disrupt a good team spirit. Whilst he did improve and did score some vital points including heat 14 of the grand final he finished the season a 3.5 average not exactly brilliant. I believe Edinburgh did ask him back last year as he probably would have improved that but ultimately he decided he wouldn't improve enough to make a successful career. Whilst he was a lovely lad and I would have like to seen him back I think he was right.

Whilst Aaron had scored and looked a little better than Jye by this stage I have no doubt that if he was riding this season with the new rules and this years Monarchs team he would have been replaced, if Jye had been in the 2014 team it would have been a harder decision to make but at least he would have got a crack at reserve (even with the new rules as monarchs top 5 were above 5 for most of the season) and a better chance to show he was worth his place.

Ultimately as paulco says Jye may not be good enough, I hope he gets at least 1 more chance at it but he'll need to get his finger out and probably the rules to change.

Anyway good luck Jye and welcome aboard Mark.

• Like 2

Yay - Mitchell Davey now has his dual nationality.

And so can ride PL and even NL.

Nice lad is Mitchell.

Be nice if he could have a long injury-free run.

Yay - Mitchell Davey now has his dual nationality.

And so can ride PL and even NL.

Nice lad is Mitchell.

Be nice if he could have a long injury-free run.

Is he still on the radar for Edinburgh or has that ship sailed into the distance can't see how he would improve things and sticking with the Young Bewley is a must maybe Clegg is on a shaky peg but Clegg has more potential in my opinion.

Is he still on the radar for Edinburgh or has that ship sailed into the distance can't see how he would improve things and sticking with the Young Bewley is a must maybe Clegg is on a shaky peg but Clegg has more potential in my opinion.

Ship has sailed.

I wouldn't expect him to be in the frame to replace Dan the Man (well 12 year old boy really!!).

And certainly not Cleggy.

So probably waiting in the wings for any opportunity that might arise.

• Like 1

What would Mitchell Davys NL average be?

Ridiculous, another dodgy dual national bet he's telling all his mates he is British...... Not.

Ridiculous, another dodgy dual national bet he's telling all his mates he is British...... Not.

How many more are there?

How many more are there?

Let's wait and see till next season and sure we will see a rider who can't find a team and will claim dual nationality

Let's wait and see till next season and sure we will see a rider who can't find a team and will claim dual nationality

Let's wait and see if the Panthers sign any

Let's wait and see if the Panthers sign any

Don't do dodgy Britozzys. We get the ocasional rubbishe pole!