British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2016

Is this still going on? Blimey, thought it would be chip paper by now.

Edited by TMW

A lot of talk at Brandon today about the SCB doing an investigation in to what happened and the track not being in use for 4 weeks whilst they start again relaying it. Big blow for Belle Vue if true.

Edited by mdmc82

It's been on the local ITV news that the meeting will be re run with tickets valid for the re run or refunds for those that cannot make it.

It's been on the local ITV news that the meeting will be re run with tickets valid for the re run or refunds for those that cannot make it.

Really? In which year would that be then? :lol:

Beggars belief, do BV think the fans are stupid enough to go back and witness more garbage.

Its a shame the meeting couldn't get going last night.I would imagine many fans wanting refunds as a lot of those there last night would purely be there as it was a big start of a new era for Belle Vue speedway,and they had a class field to go with it.Depending on when the meeting is restaged will the GP boys be there and it possibly wont be the opening meeting.This would I'm sure have a big impact on the crowd.

• Like 2

It was

It was

I guess you think you're funny. I guess you think you're funny twice. Your response was totally unnecessary as you know exactly what I meant ie postponed PRIOR to Saturday.

I can't add much more to the debate that hasn't already been said but IMO the track should've been the first priority.

Speedway fans will put up with a half built stadium but a speedway meeting cannot go ahead without a well laid, tried and tested track

For the record, I do think the stadium is excellent and once they get their priorities right, it will be superb

I think the vast majority there last night were locals who will re use their tickets for the re run or an alternative fixture.

Those from further afield will probably want a refund due to all the ancillary costs incurred.

I myself no longer travel any great distance to watch the sport after years of travelling the UK and Europe as it not worth it. Seeing modern day riders going through the motions or not even bothering if rain is in the air has seen to that.

Still there's two new DVDs coming out featuring Hyde Road and Mort so they will keep me entertained without the worry of another superstar no show.

• Like 2

Funny as fk is there any videos of the fk up being announced to the crowd anywhere ?

How on earth is it funny?

Cos Pirate Oliver is a child perhaps, doesn't know any better?

Funny as fk is there any videos of the fk up being announced to the crowd anywhere ?

What a stupid comment to make.

• Like 1

A lot of talk at Brandon today about the SCB doing an investigation in to what happened and the track not being in use for 4 weeks whilst they start again relaying it. Big blow for Belle Vue if true.

Why is it a blow. Its the sensible thing to do, yesterday was a big blow, delaying 2 meetings at the start of the season isnt a problem at all. Another farce like last night would be a disaster.

It was stated by Belle Vue that the meeting was a sell out, however articles state around 5000 were in attendance. I thought it was meant to hold a larger amount esp with world cup being staged there? How many can the stadium hold?

Edited by mdmc82