British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2016

The other thing to take into account is business rates. The current greyhound stadium has a rateable value of £300,000, so with a multiplier of 49.3% that would come to an annual payment of £147,900.

And my electric bill was £174 20 for the last Quarter.As interesting to you as your post is to 99.9% of speedway fans.

• Like 1

TBF MattK is making fair points, between the capital, interest and business rates this stadium needs to make a lot of mine each year. I don't think it's unreasonable for people to ask questions. There must be answers.

TBF MattK is making fair points, between the capital, interest and business rates this stadium needs to make a lot of mine each year. I don't think it's unreasonable for people to ask questions. There must be answers.

................ and those people running the show will know those answers very well. They are the Professionals. These people are not mugs. The Council, Belle Vue Speedway and any other involved parties will have done their due diligence.

I'm not worried about any of that - I trust these folk to know what they are doing.

All I know is that Belle Vue are going to have the best Stadium in the Country - and if Chris Morton has his way, hopefully, we will have the best Track as well.

Up the 'Aces'.

• Like 3

Think the new photos of the stadium look fantastic.

It can only be good for the sport that the sports biggest club has the national stadium as it may help attract new people to the sport.

• Like 6

I think you will find all those questions were asked by all the backers and Councillors involved in the stadium, it got the planning permission and is now almost finished so we can assume all MattK's questions were indeed answered.

• Like 3

The whole cost is going to be covered by the takings from the Betty's Hotpot Van. Dev, an occasional fan, gave the management the secret recipe.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

I think you will find all those questions were asked by all the backers and Councillors involved in the stadium, it got the planning permission and is now almost finished so we can assume all MattK's questions were indeed answered.

I bet you did well in your GCSEs, "prove that..... " "Well bugger off mr examiner, if it's not true then you'd not be asking the question would you?"

This may shock you but you're posting on a discussion forum, people ask questions, people answer them, People discuss the answer. They don't just reply, "BECAUSE I SAID SO"

I can just imaging someone asking, "so when is the first meeting" and a few BV fans jumping in with, "oh FFS, it's happening, get over it" rather than just giving civil answer to a civil question.

Edited by SCB

The stadium will be expensive to run,mundoubtedly, but won't just be used 14 nights a year for speedway. The grandstand facilities will be available for use most days of the week for corporate events, and the stadium will be rented out for concerts on selected days in the summer, especially as it fills a gap between the Apollo which holds about 2,000 and the next music venue the Arena, which holds 17,000. Stadium rentals for these events can be up to £30k per day. One three day event could net the stadium over £100k with revenue shares on food, etc.

Running a stadium like this won't be easy, but there are a number of stadium operating experts who will help too.

I like the look of our team this year, hopefully 5 British lads, and a strong heat leader trio. One of the Worrals at reserve should also give us strong point scoring from that position.

Are Belle Vue in charge of running the stadium and getting the revenue from non speedway events too?

Are Belle Vue in charge of running the stadium and getting the revenue from non speedway events too?

Yes.

Yes.

Long as the stadium is constantly used it should be excellent for the Aces.

I bet you did well in your GCSEs, "prove that..... " "Well bugger off mr examiner, if it's not true then you'd not be asking the question would you?"

This may shock you but you're posting on a discussion forum, people ask questions, people answer them, People discuss the answer. They don't just reply, "BECAUSE I SAID SO"

I can just imaging someone asking, "so when is the first meeting" and a few BV fans jumping in with, "oh FFS, it's happening, get over it" rather than just giving civil answer to a civil question.

??????????????????????

??????????????????????

The point was someone asked a polite question, all he got back in response was some arsey response that didn't help. Made those making a response look childish. As you say, it has clearly been looked into, it has clearly been handled so someone, somewhere should be able to answer. You on the other hand chose to get defensive. That has been the case from the start with this project, some people have got very defensive about something they really have had no need to do.

Boxall nicholls and fricke all return to complete team