British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2016

What an appalling statement to make.

From appointing one donut as head of the bspa to another.

Belle vue messed up, but to see a statement like that is baffling.

And he wonders why the wheels are falling off at his club at an alarming rate!

His could he oversee it if Belle Vue had no control over the contractors.

The track curator has an obligation to oversee the laying of the track.

If Tsunami said so with his contacts I would take it as gospel ...he also tends to stick up for promoters as a rule .

He is doing, he's supporting the BSPA. Those are the people who in this instance issued a statement blaming one of their members without first bothering to find out the facts. There is no way now that they can carry out an impartial investigation.

• Like 2

BSPA Chairman Keith Chapman said: This is a massive setback to the sport in this country and it can have a negative impact on every other club throughout the UK. It was down to the promotion to ensure the meeting went ahead under the supervision of the SCB referee and failed. It's an embarrassment and the rest of the sport in this country could be hit by it".

A thorough investigation has already started.

Says a bloke who cancelled a meeting at Kings Lynn against Lakeside because, although he had 72 hours to do so, couldn't identify and fix a blown fuse.

Pity there wasn't 'a thorough investigation' over that incident isn't it Chapman.

Pot bleedin' kettle if ever I've seen it.

Two-faced tw@t!

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 6

The track curator has an obligation to oversee the laying of the track.

Don't talk rubbish. This wasn't a normal situation. This was a new stadium. It was a part of the contract that the building company would build the track and Belle Vue have no authority over the contractors until the stadium is handed over to them. They couldn't tell the contractors what or, what not, to do.

It's the weathers fault, remember.

I believe a statement is due from God claiming those in the know knew the winter forecast was set to ruin the opening night and gave warning last week. But that was ignored so all blame absolved.

:wink:

He is doing, he's supporting the BSPA. Those are the people who in this instance issued a statement blaming one of their members without first bothering to find out the facts. There is no way now that they can carry out an impartial investigation.

The facts are pretty clear ..Belle Vue try to run a meeting when the track unfit for racing ..they have admitted that themselves ..what else is there to know ?

• Like 4

Don't talk rubbish. This wasn't a normal situation. This was a new stadium. It was a part of the contract that the building company would build the track and Belle Vue have no authority over the contractors until the stadium is handed over to them. They couldn't tell the contractors what or, what not, to do.

The track curator still has an obligation to oversee the laying on the track.

• Like 1

BSPA Chairman Keith Chapman said: This is a massive setback to the sport in this country and it can have a negative impact on every other club throughout the UK. It was down to the promotion to ensure the meeting went ahead under the supervision of the SCB referee and failed. It's an embarrassment and the rest of the sport in this country could be hit by it".

A thorough investigation has already started.

Says a bloke who cancelled a meeting at Kings Lynn against Lakeside because, although he had 72 hours to do so, couldn't identify and fix a blown fuse.

Pity there wasn't 'a thorough investigation' over that incident isn't it Chapman.

Pot bleedin' kettle if ever I've seen it.

Two-faced tw@t!

Wasn't there also a problem with an EL Best Pairs meeting at King's Lynn. I also must have missed similar investigations and critical BSPA statements about the ELRC at Coventry, both BSPA shared events. Perhaps it only merits SCB and BSPA investigations if Belle Vue are involved.

• Like 1

His could he oversee it if Belle Vue had no control over the contractors.

Maybe they should had control in the first place ..did the contractors tell them to race the meeting ...did they not look at the track and just thought they had done a good job .

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

tickets were sold to public travelling miles, with no guarantee they could fulfil there obligation..simple

• Like 1

So why was Doc Bridget and Colin Meredith working on the track up to Wednesday but not afterwards ?

So if i support the BSPA, Belle Vue or the BSPA and Belle Vue in this issue i couldn't be accepted to have an opinion, as opposed to you, a Belle Vue supporter, who obviously doesn't have access to the facts. Oh Dear.

• Like 7

Mr Gordon - I feel I must retract all the grief I given you and Mr Morton over the farce of last Saturday and I apologise profusely.

You are quite right in saying you are NOT to blame. Of course it must be ME - having too many expectations and belief that the pair of you should have been given the credit of being able to provide a product which you claimed you could do.

At the end of the day, perhaps you should consider going into selling double glazing - although it's a tough world out there guys and feel you would fail there too.

Sleep well !

Sorry, any chance of a quote for the re-glazing of my conservatory.

The facts are pretty clear ..Belle Vue try to run a meeting when the track unfit for racing ..they have admitted that themselves ..what else is there to know ?

I suspect virtually every track has done that at some point. They knew there had been problems with bends 3 and 4 but successfully tested them on the Friday after the contractors had finished working on it. We now know the problem lies with the sub base so it could be that affected the track during Saturday. None of the riders seemed to be giving particular attention to those bends during their track inspection so maybe the problem wasn't apparent until they rode it. In fact if you watch the beginning of the practice rides it is difficult to see the riders having any problem.

• Like 2

I suspect virtually every track has done that at some point. They knew there had been problems with bends 3 and 4 but successfully tested them on the Friday after the contractors had finished working on it. We now know the problem lies with the sub base so it could be that affected the track during Saturday. None of the riders seemed to be giving particular attention to those bends during their track inspection so maybe the problem wasn't apparent until they rode it. In fact if you watch the beginning of the practice rides it is difficult to see the riders having any problem.

Not days before the meeting they haven't ..they were advised in the week that they should ride the meeting as the track was not ready ...they then try to run it anyhow ......Gordon himself and the riders have said the track was not fit for purpose .

Edited by orion