British Speedway Forum

Nicki's main sponsor says that they stopped sponsoring the GP-series due to the attacks on Nicki:

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_sport/motorsport/speedway/hetz-mod-nicki-fik-dansk-sponsor-til-at-traekke-sig/5882390

Should have gone the other way and pumped more in, for me. Monster clearly have too much of a monopoly on the series and seem to think this exonerates them and their riders from behaving in a proper manner. A bit of competition might just bring them down a peg or two.

• Like 5

I think it's a double-edged sword. No doubt that Pedersen has stepped over the line in the past and to a point it's understandable that other riders are wary of the reputation he's cultivated over the years and, even when he's the innocent party, riders will jump to the conclusion that he's a dirty rider who just wants to knock everyone out the way to win.

That said, Hancock should have been more severely dealt with for what happened earlier in the season. Seems as the elder statesman and Mr clean cut, people will side with him.

At the end of the day, Nicki has 3 world titles and a host of other honours. I doubt he gives a monkey's what other people think of him.

lesser riders , use his reputation to their advantage , I include two of the most deliberate fencers in than accusation . Holder and Doyle

Just watched a re-run of the SWC 2015 race off. The lovely friendly nice guy Pawlicki disqualified for dangerous riding. Nearly put a Russian in the front row of the stand.

No complaints heard on here. Imagine if that were Nicki P !

IMO, the problem with Nicki has way way too many times done stuff on the track which is just indefensible. Plus there was a long time when if anyone gave him the same treatment he would be straight in their face, trying to intimidate them push them into the fence post race that kind of thing. However now, there is definitely a bullying situation going on. If Nicki even races hard they seem to go after him. Is it Karma? Who knows but he's definitely getting some rough treatment, the last GP in Melbourne there were a few examples of this for sure.

However what I would agree with is that there are a few others acting the same but as they are in the right 'click' little to nothing is said. Doyle (who I happen to think is a brilliant rider) is definitely an example.

To me it's fairly simple. Nicki, JD, ANYONE who rides dirty should be ejected from the meeting and fined. They will soon revert from riding dirty to riding hard but fair...

Just watched a re-run of the SWC 2015 race off. The lovely friendly nice guy Pawlicki disqualified for dangerous riding. Nearly put a Russian in the front row of the stand.

No complaints heard on here. Imagine if that were Nicki P !

There has been a number of moves by riders, where if it had been Pedersen this forum would've exploded.

• Like 3

There has been a number of moves by riders, where if it had been Pedersen this forum would've exploded.

I agree. The Swedish lad in the SWC was another one.

IMO, the problem with Nicki has way way too many times done stuff on the track which is just indefensible. Plus there was a long time when if anyone gave him the same treatment he would be straight in their face, trying to intimidate them push them into the fence post race that kind of thing. However now, there is definitely a bullying situation going on. If Nicki even races hard they seem to go after him. Is it Karma? Who knows but he's definitely getting some rough treatment, the last GP in Melbourne there were a few examples of this for sure.

However what I would agree with is that there are a few others acting the same but as they are in the right 'click' little to nothing is said. Doyle (who I happen to think is a brilliant rider) is definitely an example.

To me it's fairly simple. Nicki, JD, ANYONE who rides dirty should be ejected from the meeting and fined. They will soon revert from riding dirty to riding hard but fair...

You must be joking Doyle is far from a brilliant rider, last season he caused many crash because he is dumb. He can get around other riders if he got speed advantage if not he makes stupid decisions.

He drove straight into riders in the GP, swedish league and ekstraliga. At one of the polish league match he was 4th his teammate was riding in front of him and he sent him straight into the fence.

You can find indefensible stuff from all riders through the years but in the last couple of years Nicki isnt the top dirty rider but people blame him anyway.

The thing he does better than any rider is defend his position and block racing lines when ahead and thats why a lot of other riders get mad at him.

• Like 3

Swedish rider Peter Ljung is also on record saying that he doesn't think that Nicki and G. Laguta are that dirty as some claim them to be.

Dekks, you been on the Christmas wine early or summat? You're making no sense.

All the best

Rob

Just keeping this thread on track as you as usual try to side track when you cant win. Read the thread title, nothing to do with Fisher.

To me it looks like Monster Joe is the issue here (according to Nicki P in the Star). I'm inclined to believe him. It's fine the riders being dicks, they've earned the right. But this guy stirring it up is unprofessional.

Agree on Doyle though, I don't think he's malicious as much as extremely reckless - and Nicki has been on the recieving end more than anything lately.

• Like 3

To me it looks like Monster Joe is the issue here (according to Nicki P in the Star). I'm inclined to believe him. It's fine the riders being dicks, they've earned the right. But this guy stirring it up is unprofessional.

Agree on Doyle though, I don't think he's malicious as much as extremely reckless - and Nicki has been on the recieving end more than anything lately.

Agree about Doyle and Nicki. Good points.

Think NP is only sore with Monster Joe cos his fracas with Greg in Sweden reportedly cost him a very lucrative sponsorship with Monster!

Think NP is only sore with Monster Joe cos his fracas with Greg in Sweden reportedly cost him a very lucrative sponsorship with Monster!

Considering Nicki was completely innocent in that incident it proves how pathetic Monster are. All up eachothers arses

• Like 6

WOULDN'T put too much credence by that remark.