British Speedway Forum

Press and practice today. Both Lewis' looked incredibly fit, both praising the pofessionalism of the Revolution Speedway set-up. LBR gets a bad press at times but personally I have always found him good to talk to. He does seem more settled in himself this year though and focussed so hopefully his talent will come to fruitition this year.

Dennis Jonsson seems a bit tall faor a speedway rider but he seems a real nice bloke, as do most of the Swedes, His namesake AJ, the consummate professional had one of his Polish mechanics over as well as his English mechanic, setting up a brand new engine and needed about an hour more track time than the rest so seems to be making a real effort for the season. Apparently Belle Vue tried very hard to get him in the winter.

On track it was difficult to tell much with the obvious testing etc, but Kim looked very stylish as always an pretty quick, as far as one can tell in practice, and although LBR was trying different lines when he went in his favoured outside line he looked very fast.

Good to see Kelvin putting some laps in as well. It must be good for the team when they see the TM on track as well, proving that at 52 he is still no slouch. Still early days of course but it looks like the team will be getting along well with each other , which is at least a good start to the season. Definitely a feel good factor there so we'll see how they go when Kings Lynn are down next week. Its been a long winter........

Edited by Daytripper
  • Like 4

Press and practice today. Both Lewis' looked incredibly fit, both praising the pofessionalism of the Revolution Speedway set-up. LBR gets a bad press at times but personally I have always found him good to talk to. He does seem more settled in himself this year though and focussed so hopefully his talent will come to fruitition this year.

Dennis Jonsson seems a bit tall faor a speedway rider but he seems a real nice bloke, as do most of the Swedes, His namesake AJ, the consummate professional had one of his Polish mechanics over as well as his English mechanic, setting up a brand new engine and needed about an hour more track time than the rest so seems to be making a real effort for the season. Apparently Belle Vue tried very hard to get him in the winter.

On track it was difficult to tell much with the obvious testing etc, but Kim looked very stylish as always an pretty quick, as far as one can tell in practice, and although LBR was trying different lines when he went in his favoured outside line he looked very fast.

Good to see Kelvin putting some laps in as well. It must be good for the team when they see the TM on track as well, proving that at 52 he is still no slouch. Still early days of course but it looks like the team will be getting along well with each other , which is at least a good start to the season. Definitely a feel good factor there so we'll see how they go when Kings Lynn are down next week. Its been a long winter........

Thanks for posting,just wondered if you noticed if the jawa engines are going to be quick and reliable enough for this season for LBR and kerr?Is there any back up plan i wonder,as jawa have not really been around for years,so hope they will be on the pace from the off,but if not have they a plan b?!!!

I would imagine that they have worked out how fast the engines need to go, so perhaps we should see how Plan A pans out first. In any case, having the backing of a company (revolution racing) should ensure that the equipment is tip top. Roll on 8pm tonight. Up the Hammers!

• Like 1

Thanks for posting,just wondered if you noticed if the jawa engines are going to be quick and reliable enough for this season for LBR and kerr?Is there any back up plan i wonder,as jawa have not really been around for years,so hope they will be on the pace from the off,but if not have they a plan b?!!!

I think there is no Plan B. My understanding is that Jawa's are trying to make a comeback and Revolution Speedwáy have some sort of tie up with Jawa as part of the comeback. I am not dead certain but I think these are not like the old Jawa's . The bikes look immaculate so it does seem like a decent professional outfit. Lewis B. said he wished he had a team like this around him when he was 16. It might take a little while for them to get totally dialled in but seems optimistic at the moment.

Of course, we won't know for sure until they are on the track with others trying to beat them but two things about Lewis Bridger impressed me. The first is he has no fat on him at all and looks solid muscle. He has obviously spent the winter in the gym and not partying. Secondly when he was on the track he was trying different lines but there was one real head turning moment when he took his old outside line and absolutely flew along the starting straight into bend one, flicked the bike sideways and took the bend in a real classic head turning movement. Pure class. The talent is clearly still there, it's just a matter of getting his focus right and I get the impression he is on the way to doing that.

• Like 3

FIRST RACEDAY WEATHER CHECK - 18.03.2016

12.30pm and here in Erith, Kent just across the Thames from the track (circa 3 or 4 miles away) it's cloudy, dry and a little bit nippy BUT the main thing is that speedway IS back tonight so come on, be there for the Spring Trophy!

Gates open 6pm, autograph session at 7pm, meeting starts at 8pm and I'd suggest, that like myself will be doing, you wrap up warm.

Next Weather Check will be posted direct from the track circa 3pm.

Special adult admission prices tonight, kids free up to certain age so for full details & preview go to: http://www.lakesidehammers.com/

Edited by Bryn

4.20pm WEATHER CHECK:

Sorry this is later than planned but being the opening meeting it's been a tad hectic! NO change to earlier weather check, meeting ON, wrap up warm!

6.30pm FINAL RACEDAY WEATHER CHECK:

Meeting ON and wrap up warm! :wink:

I thought Bridger looked very sharp Friday night considering the length of time out of racing. My concern is Jawa power, or the lack of it!

I thought everyone looked pretty sharp. Even our reserves looked on the pace and I am sure they won't have such stiff opposition in a normal league meeting.

Early days, but the Play offs should be manageable and then, well, who knows

Up the Hammers!

• Like 1

Yes most looked good but aj and Richard stood out well fast

lets hope they take that into the up coming season and the

dial in quick. COME ON YOU HAMMERS.

anyone know roughly what the crowd figure was approx?!

My guess is somewhere between 6-800.

A very poor crowd to be honest, but I would expect a significant improvement for the Kings Lynn meeting this week.

• Like 2

My guess is somewhere between 6-800.

A very poor crowd to be honest, but I would expect a significant improvement for the Kings Lynn meeting this week.

Very difficult to judge the size of the crowd in the dark. It was probably lower than for an average league meeting but it was a bitterly cold night and no doubt that kept a lot away.

I found it very difficult to assess the team. I think AJ and Lawson were terrific, especially Lawsons gating, and to some extent they overshadowed the others. Personally I think there is a question mark over Swidders. The guys gritty past performances have made him a bit of a folk hero at Lakeside but he didn't really seem his old self to me. Not sure about the reserves either, but it's difficult to tell when they were against AJ and Awesome Lawson. We'll find out on Friday.