British Speedway Forum

Was just looking for the thread and couldn't find it

Now there is definitely going to be a Lakeside 2016 who's in and who's out?

Aj is a cert

Reckon Kim Nielson and Kennett could return, Lawson and Bech could go.

Ellis to Poole?

So maybe North in return

Everyone else linked with Doyle, would he fit?

how about

AJ

Kennett

Doyle

Nielson

North

+2

What is the Lakeside rumour mill suggesting?

Was just looking for the thread and couldn't find it

Now there is definitely going to be a Lakeside 2016 who's in and who's out?

Aj is a cert

Reckon Kim Nielson and Kennett could return, Lawson and Bech could go.

Ellis to Poole?

So maybe North in return

Everyone else linked with Doyle, would he fit?

how about

AJ

Kennett

Doyle

Nielson

North

+2

What is the Lakeside rumour mill suggesting?

No need for a rumour mill. Only 2 weeks to the Dinner and Dance and some new signings to be announced then.

North is an exciting rider who I'd love to see at Lakeside.

I like Eddie but don't really feel he can improve too much.

Richard Lawson on the other hand is still on the up so who like to retain him.

I wouldn't expect too many of last season's team to be retained as Jon clearly wasn't happy with many performances from comments he made towards the end of the season.

The draft will be key again unfortunately.

I wouldn't expect too many of last season's team to be retained as Jon clearly wasn't happy with many performances from comments he made towards the end of the season.

It's my opinion that the biggest problem at Lakeside is the team managers inability to motivate his riders and his bizarre choice of riders for Heat 15 on many occasions.

Let's hope this issue is addressed before sweeping changes are made to the team.

• Like 1

Iam guessing it's AJ, Kennett/Lawson and Nilsson being kept with the other two new signings?

• Like 1

Iam guessing it's AJ, Kennett/Lawson and Nilsson being kept with the other two new signings?

I would say Nilsson is probably nailed on.not a genuine hear 15 rider yet and still needs consistency away but he has increased his average year on year and as he is not a double upper should be available for most matches except GP qualifiers. Was riding well until he dot injured in Sweden last season and his a. Club asset so looks very likely.

I would say that whether Ed and Rich come back depends on there availability as d/u riders.

Mikkel Bech is potentially a great talent but whether he now has the mental focus to realise that talent is now open to question. He has come in for some criticism about his attitude.

The big question is who will the second heatleader be ? Batchelor Bjerre or Watt ? I can't think of any other British based riders who are likely to be available (unless it's Nicki P).

Edited by E I Addio

Next signing, next to AJ, has got to be Kim Nilsson.

Bech, thanks but no thanks. No commitment demonstrated for the team during the past two years.

Riders aside, our main change has got to be Neil Vatcher. I've stuck up for him many times in the past, but basically the guy's record says it all. A failure and an utter lightweight.

With Andreas Jonsson already named Kim Nilsson did an amazing job for them last season and maybe 6.98 is a high average but he scored the points and can again.

Eddie Kennett obviously impressed with his doubling up and provides good support but Lakeside will need a third heat leader and maybe Batchelor or Watt could fill that role.

Those four would be around 28 leaving just 12.5 for the last three which is 9.5 when you add a 3.00 number 7.

Would Peter Karlsson 5.51 be a good second string for them to complete a strong top five and three Swedes.

1 Jonsson

2 Kennett

3 Nilsson

4 Karlsson

5 Watt

7 3.00

Next signing, next to AJ, has got to be Kim Nilsson.

Bech, thanks but no thanks. No commitment demonstrated for the team during the past two years.

Riders aside, our main change has got to be Neil Vatcher. I've stuck up for him many times in the past, but basically the guy's record says it all. A failure and an utter lightweight.

Agree about Bech and Vatcher. I was impressed with Bech in his first season but he was pretty poor all last season and with with Cook saying about his attitude I think it's time to move on. I think Vatcher should stick to what he does with the young riders, he seems to do a really good job with them. Edited by liam

I do think we need a fresher look next year.

Respect to Watt and PK who have been good servants to the club but I'd rather some new blood.

AJ is a good start. Add Richard Lawson and Kim Nilsson as second strings / 3rd heat leader and whatever the EDL throws up.

As previously mentioned, would love to see Dakota North or Max Fricke in there too.

I wouldn't be against Chris Harris completing the line up but I would have thought it unlikely.

I do think we need a fresher look next year.

Respect to Watt and PK who have been good servants to the club but I'd rather some new blood.

AJ is a good start. Add Richard Lawson and Kim Nilsson as second strings / 3rd heat leader and whatever the EDL throws up.

As previously mentioned, would love to see Dakota North or Max Fricke in there too.

I wouldn't be against Chris Harris completing the line up but I would have thought it unlikely.

Peter Karlsson would be a good signing as he would be there as back up and not expected to score like a heat leader but on his day and at second string he can do well.

Dakota North will be back at Poole as a second string and Chris Harris is likely to be at Coventry (or Wolverhampton).

Being close to Stanstead is good for riders to fly in and out as PK did when there with time to spare where as with Wolves a Monday isn't a great help if riding in Poland and Sweden

Would be good if you are not based in England. But take Watt for example as he is based in Poole, can't be very tempting tackling the M25 every week.

• Like 1

Would be good if you are not based in England. But take Watt for example as he is based in Poole, can't be very tempting tackling the M25 every week.

The only trouble we ever had with Davey arriving late was when his flight from Polznd was delayed ! I like Davey. He was a good servant to Lakeside (most of the time) and a good captain (most of the time ) in a very difficult period for the club, but he is not getting any younger and times move on so I think some completely fresh blood is needed at second heat leader