British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

Who really gives a shinny s###e about who practices or not???

As long as all the riders give maximum effort on the day!

Woffinden's that good he'll be able to pick all the racing lines by watching Fridays race off!

The proof will be in the scorechart 10pm Saturday night!

As for Lambert? he's a great prospect, but practice or not, he wont get near the top guys!

Besides, they'll be practicising on the day, when track conditions will be very different to yesterday!

It's not just about it being practice though is it? It's also about team bonding. Tai is captain he should be at all GB get togethers. It wouldn't be so bad but he called for more squad practice sessions last year and since then hasn't bothered. The track shape it still the same the racing lines (several) will be the same, Tai is a very good rider but just because you're good isn't an excuse to miss a practice session in the week of a SWC final.

• Like 4

Not sure what practicising will achieve 5/6 days before an event? (due to track change/weather etc ) (apart from a bit of team bonding) but as it's more or less an individual event i.e only 1 rider out at a time, I dont think it would achieve much and it certainly wont improve our chances of actually winning !?

It's just another chance for the 'woffinden' knockers to have a dig, although they cant go too hard on him, because of Lamberts holiday? which I think is probably far better than a meaningless practice as he should return with batteries fully charged!?

Maybe the fact it's a new track that most of them haven't ridden many laps on, Woffinden especially has only done a couple of laps on it at the infamous Peter Craven meeting. if you ask the Belle Vue riders they will say they still not fully getting to grips with it as so many different lines.

Friday tickets are now the same price as Saturday tickets by the look of it.

Not quite, standing is same price £20 but seating is cheaper.

Guest GiveusaB

It's not just about it being practice though is it? It's also about team bonding. Tai is captain he should be at all GB get togethers. It wouldn't be so bad but he called for more squad practice sessions last year and since then hasn't bothered. The track shape it still the same the racing lines (several) will be the same, Tai is a very good rider but just because you're good isn't an excuse to miss a practice session in the week of a SWC final.

Team bonding? dont make me laugh......We dont come anywhere near 'foreign' teams when it comes to pride/passion!

Craig cook/Danny King (that are riding) are the only ones with any 'integrity' in that department! IMO !

Bomber would be in that list also!

Does anyone know if there is anything to stop people parking in the (huge) adjacent showcase cinema car park on Saturday?

Google maps needs a bit of correction to say the least.

The map shows the NSS positioned incorrectly behind the old stadium and declares the NSS to be a dog track with a restaurant!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.4612756,-2.1840667,18.01z

Does anyone know if there is anything to stop people parking in the (huge) adjacent showcase cinema car park on Saturday?

The map shows the NSS positioned incorrectly behind the old stadium and declares the NSS to be a dog track with a restaurant!

Yes, spot on re: google maps.

I'm don't know whether there has been an arrangement made with the cinema for their car park for the World Cup Weekend - £5 passes? - but since the NSS opened they have not allowed any parking for those attending the Aces / Colts matches. At the entrance to the car park on Hyde Road they put out a notice stating that parking is not for speedway patrons and have their own stewards at the entrance. They also have stewards at the car park exit on Kirky Lane to stop people sneaking in through that way. The notice did say (not sure if it stll does) that anyone found parking and attending the speedway would be charged the appropriate fee - so I once asked one of the the stewards what the fee was. He told that there wasn't actually any system in place to charge a fee and his job was to stop people entering and to direct them to the speedway's own car parks.

Re parking - its been quoted on here in the last week that official parking is via pre purchased ticket at the school next to the new stadium. You need to contact Belle Vue speedway office for that OR at the Etiad stadium (Man City football ground) which is £5 per car per day, no tickets required.

Re Google maps - the maps mostly are about 3 years old, some places (like where I live) must be at least 6 years old. To update them they would have to fly over the area (manned or unmanned) and take new photos. Seeing as these are world wide maps somehow I don't think they would be doing that for every new stadium, shopping precinct, roundabout etc. etc. I think we are fortunate to have what we got access to and all for no cost.

Official parking sold out when I enquired. I will either park and ride it from Etihad or jump on a train. Either way easy stuff.

Whats the nearest Train Station?

293dcnb.jpg

Piotr Pawlicki not happy with replacing Magic with KK

Translation: KK? What are you talking about, no one will be as good captain and colleague as Magic. By the way do we want a gold medal or rivalry within the team? I'm telling you we will miss #71 cause with him we were a great team

• Like 1

One of Woffinden's beefs with the BSPA was that they were not doing enough to support the riders. A pre season training camp as per Poland and Denmark have was arranged ,hardly anyone turned up. Now an additional behind closed doors practise session for GB riders ahead of the World Cup final is arranged and some riders can't be bothered. Remember we are not in the race off,we don't get a full meeting to practise, surely all the team practising together before official practise can only be of benefit in set up and team spirit. Maybe were that good we don't need it.

Edited by New Science
  • Like 2

One of Woffinden's beefs with the BSPA was that they were not doing enough to support the riders. A pre season training camp as per Poland and Denmark have was arranged ,hardly anyone turned up. Now an additional behind closed doors practise session for GB riders ahead of the World Cup final is arranged and some riders can't be bothered. Remember we are not in the race off,we don't get a full meeting to practise, surely all the team practising together before official practise can only be of benefit in set up and team spirit. Maybe were that good we don't need it.

Quite a few went to Croatia even one who couldn't ride on medical grounds. Tai didn't. Tai had an opportunity to practice yesterday and didn't, as captain I feel he should be there setting the example. It's done now and nothing is going to change regarding being more professional as a squad.

• Like 2