British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

Obviously it's not a proper world cup anymore, with this seeding to the final nonsense. Scott Nicholls shouldn't be picked. He's shown no interest the last few years. Woffy, Bomber, Cookie and Lambert are the obvious four.

Agree about the seeding being poor but Nicholls only dropped out because of poor funding. Why should a rider ride for peanuts for his country. My original post says we have a new man at the top of the BPSA so things may change. Lee Richardson dropped out for the same reason.

Agree about the seeding being poor but Nicholls only dropped out because of poor funding. Why should a rider ride for peanuts for his country. My original post says we have a new man at the top of the BPSA so things may change. Lee Richardson dropped out for the same reason.

Agree. Funny how people make 5 from 2+2! The issue was much more complicated than that and centred around support for British riders from their federation e.g. development opportunities for youngsters with test matches or training (for example like the danes do when hiring Lynn before the season starts) and the like, Euro Champs but principally for those starting out as they need more help. It's all a litte bit more complicated than "shown no interest".

Agree. Funny how people make 5 from 2+2! The issue was much more complicated than that and centred around support for British riders from their federation e.g. development opportunities for youngsters with test matches or training (for example like the danes do when hiring Lynn before the season starts) and the like, Euro Champs but principally for those starting out as they need more help. It's all a litte bit more complicated than "shown no interest".

Every rider can choose whether or not to ride for their country. Scott Nicholls has his reasons not to and that's fair enough, I just don't agree with it. Chris Harris is always willing to ride, and I always had the impression that Kenny Carter would've paid to ride for England!

Every rider can choose whether or not to ride for their country. Scott Nicholls has his reasons not to and that's fair enough, I just don't agree with it. Chris Harris is always willing to ride, and I always had the impression that Kenny Carter would've paid to ride for England!

Maybe a change at the top of the BSPA will see a change that sees Nicholls return, or at least wanting to return, to ride for Team GB, and at his home track to.

Maybe a change at the top of the BSPA will see a change that sees Nicholls return, or at least wanting to return, to ride for Team GB, and at his home track to.

Maybe, but the way Cook finished the season and how well Lambert did this year, I would still have them in ahead of Nicholls.

BE good to have Scotty in the squad. Lots of experience that could be invaluable.

BE good to have Scotty in the squad. Lots of experience that could be invaluable.

I agree, it was debated earlier about how much practice the Team GB boys would get on the new track in Manchester, Nicholls and Craig Cook for that matter could be trump cards come the SWC Final giving the amount of laps they will do with Belle Vue.

More likely to be no TV commitments with Eurosport

I agree. Hope the new leadership at BPSA sorts out the sponsorship and pay for our best riders.

More likely to be no TV commitments with Eurosport

You are probably right but if he gets a BT Sport slot it could be a unique angle to have one of the riders on the TV team.

If he's still of the same opinion he could follow Bomber's example and take a couple of youngsters under his wing.

If he's still of the same opinion he could follow Bomber's example and take a couple of youngsters under his wing.

He could but that's very low level and haphazard. Who's to say they're the best teachers, or have the best ideas, or access to tracks and overseas organisations etc. That is the point. How many ex/ageing riders have said the same - loads. It would be good in the BSPA could get someone like Nielsen on the books to formulate a structured plan or similar as he was one rider who had everything needed to be successful at the highest level. A lot of the low-level initiatives simply fade away. I seem to remember Jan O starting something, Phil Morris, Les Collins, Loram/Havvy/Screen and countless others.

Next year with a new National Stadium it would be a shame if it's not put to best use.

Edited by SPEEDY69

Tickets now on sale. Got race off and final tickets standing for me and my daughter, £40 for both meetings excellent value. Grandstand tickets are pricy though.

• Like 2

Tickets now on sale. Got race off and final tickets standing for me and my daughter, £40 for both meetings excellent value. Grandstand tickets are pricy though.

TBF they're pricing it to encourage people to attend both. If you do that it works out pretty good value.

http://www.speedwaygp.com/

on this artist impression you notice on turn 1-2 there is not much room outside of track for stands etc. This is because BV wanted a good race track and therefore sacrificed stands for a good size track.

http://www.speedwaygp.com/

on this artist impression you notice on turn 1-2 there is not much room outside of track for stands etc. This is because BV wanted a good race track and therefore sacrificed stands for a good size track.

PLENTY of room on turns 3-4