British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

2016 Speedway Gp Qualifiers

Jason Crump apparently had a day off to and been tweeting like I do on saturday nights... Anyway, he said that wild cards in quali rounds are no good. Was supported by Hans A later on... I think that too.

But, like said a few years ago, the FIM is almost desperate to find organizers for any qualies. Havent been told that this has changed. So to give a local wild card is their way of reaching towards the organisers so that they would step up.

Here's hoping that neither Freddie Lindgren or Martin Vaculik win one of the three available qualifying slots. I have absolutely nothing against either rider, but I dislike the notion of promoting riders into the GP Challenge when they have already been eliminated from the qualifiers.

Indeed, I would personally get rid of the whole idea of 'Wild Cards' in all World Championship Qualifiers. I can't imagine that a local wild card e.g. Paco Castagna in Italy puts that many extra bums on seats for local organisers.

TBF, if it had been top 8 from both meeting then Vaculik would have been one of the 8. He finished 8th and was first reserve. So its totally fair to give him the place.

As for Lindgren, he's had more chances than Harris now!

Why not just give the wildcards to riders who finished 8th. Why give one to Freddie who was dreadful in the qualifier and finished near the bottom.

Perhaps the reason they gave to Freddie is that he did have a bad meeting, finishing well down, but has had a good season including most GPs he been in this year.

If there is a wild card system then it can be expected there will be some wild choices, but they must have their reasons which are noot self explanatory.

i know two persons that can correct me, but Freddie got a Svemo issued WC and Vaculik a CCP issued WC. Correct?

Both are CCP wildcards according to the FIM sheets.

Ok. Could not check it when I wrote it. I was working today only about 5 km from the former Nokia hq at Tampere. Where they developed all top stuff and network tech. But my phone barely had 3G...

Whilst I think in the future he will grow as a rider, I do think watching the SWC last night it did show that Robert Lambert is still a while away from being ready to contest with the GP type riders.

I think he needs another couple of years yet as even on home shale he struggled last night.

• Like 1

Whilst I think in the future he will grow as a rider, I do think watching the SWC last night it did show that Robert Lambert is still a while away from being ready to contest with the GP type riders.

I think he needs another couple of years yet as even on home shale he struggled last night.

He is a teenager. Can anyone think of a lad so young who would be in a different situation.

Re Robert Lambert. The Polish team (apart from KK) were full of youngsters. If you include Janowski, all of them have been under 21 world champions. Zmarzlic was on the podium in a GP as a wild card at the age of 18/19. Robert is 18 and I think does amazingly well. Perhaps Tai is right when he criticizes British speedway for not bring along its young riders. He put a 5 year plan to the Brit speedway authorities some time ago....what have they done??? Could be why Tai doesnt seem to keen to ride in the British Fianal... why should he put money into the pockets of British speedway when they dont re-invest it for the future.

Robert will succeed - why - because he already has a foot in European speedway, and thats what he and other youngsters need - quality competition. It would be easy just to ride at top level in UK and earn some easy money, but you got to mix where the best ride to get the experience to beat them.

• Like 2

He is a teenager. Can anyone think of a lad so young who would be in a different situation.

I think he has a bit future in the sport. However I think it will be throwing him in the deep end and putting huge pressure on him too soon.

I think he has a bit future in the sport. However I think it will be throwing him in the deep end and putting huge pressure on him too soon.

Robert says himself in the SWC programme that it's probably a couple of years too early to qualify for the GP's.But if he does what a fantastic experience it will be. All he is missing is his gating and experience, everything else is in his locker.

• Like 2

Currently he's not up to the standard of the Polish youngsters, but all are older than him. Would suggest they all have much bigger sponsorship deals, and hence quicker machinery. And all are better gaters. I'd suggest all four young poles are a couple of seasons away from being genuine world title contenders, whereas hopefully in a couple of seasons lambert would be competitive in the gp series. Would still love to see him as one of the qualifiers, along with dudek and fricke, though in reality can see a polish 1 2 3 and that would arguably result in the strongest 2016 line up.