British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

The Points Limit

No Speedwáy fan with an element of decency about him wants to see fellow fans watching a rubbish team getting beat every week,even if if idiots like you think it's funny.

It worked for Coventry to win the league in 2010 but under normal circumstances no just ask those poor souls that saw Oxford demise.

It worked for Coventry to win the league in 2010 but under normal circumstances no just ask those poor souls that saw Oxford demise.

Not sure how Coventry benefitted in 2010? Assume you mean 2007 when Johnston replaced Risager?

Not sure how Coventry benefitted in 2010? Assume you mean 2007 when Johnston replaced Risager?

Coventry signed KK, Bridger & Shamek Pawlicki midway through the season! No definately 2010

Coventry signed KK, Bridger & Shamek Pawlicki midway through the season! No definately 2010

Fair do's. Thought we were talking about benefitting from another teams demise.

In 2010 we certainly benefitted from being crap for the first two months.

Over the last five or six months I've found myself drifting away from domestic speedway after thirty plus years of almost fanatical support, I haven't been on here for a long while and I think I attended seven meetings last season after years and years of 30+ season in, season out. Suffice to say even before Puk decided to sit out the UK (don't blame him or any GP rider) the coming EL season looked unappealing with more big names opting out and a too high a points limit controlling the riders who are left. No doubt an extra pound will be lumped on admission for what is an annually weaker product and overall I can't see me even making the seven meetings I did last season in 2016. The enthusiasm just isn't there any more which a few years ago would have been heartbreaking but just doesn't seem to matter. Hopefully Buster can use his five years to sort things out but without support I'm not sure he can do an awful lot.

the feeling you have,i got two seasons ago..i just look at results online now and spend my money going to a few G Ps.....to see the riders i want to watch....

A sneaky feeling the promoters have a Plan B scenario ready to adopt. This is a league of 7 teams. There could even be a PREFERENCE for it,and it is only a matter of time before it is put into action as it becomes clear that one of the current 8 teams cannot put together a team.

I found it most curiuos that Lakeside named two riders at reserve, who are both retired from speedway. I will not be putting bet on them actually being in the team when the season begins.

A sneaky feeling the promoters have a Plan B scenario ready to adopt. This is a league of 7 teams. There could even be a PREFERENCE for it,and it is only a matter of time before it is put into action as it becomes clear that one of the current 8 teams cannot put together a team.

I found it most curiuos that Lakeside named two riders at reserve, who are both retired from speedway. I will not be putting bet on them actually being in the team when the season begins.

And what exactly is that assumption based on ? Is it based on the fact that Rob Mear has lined up the best sponsorship he has ever had, invested in machinery, practiced at Peterborough and was so close to Darcy Wards track record he was offered a contract on the spot, or is it based on a wild stab in the dark ?

• Like 1

And what exactly is that assumption based on ? Is it based on the fact that Rob Mear has lined up the best sponsorship he has ever had, invested in machinery, practiced at Peterborough and was so close to Darcy Wards track record he was offered a contract on the spot, or is it based on a wild stab in the dark ?

Track Length: 336 metres

Track Record: 58.4 seconds by Krzysztof Kasprzak (Coventry), Heat 1 Peterborough v Coventry 20/09/10

The word "bet" gives a clue.

Any sport where the same teams dominate becomes less appealing over time & the promotors must have known the GP riders who rode here last season were seriously considering not riding here in 2016.

Are they really that daft not to have realised it & the way the draft reserves has been done since day one was ridiculous & then they go & change the race format so averages become a lottery.

It really is a dreadful situation & those who made these decisions should hang their heads in shame.

Carrying on from the above, It is a fact, that every rider who has competed in the Elite League since in induction of the Draft scheme, coupled with the protected race format are ALL on fictitious averages. They bear no relevance to the rider's ability and are therefore pointless when ensuing equal team strength.

I sympathise with Managers and Promoter trying to assemble teams using these figures, it turned the whole process into a farcical exercise.

Carrying on from the above, It is a fact, that every rider who has competed in the Elite League since in induction of the Draft scheme, coupled with the protected race format are ALL on fictitious averages. They bear no relevance to the rider's ability and are therefore pointless when ensuing equal team strength.

I sympathise with Managers and Promoter trying to assemble teams using these figures, it turned the whole process into a farcical exercise.

Why do you sympathise with them? Surely it is those promoters who wanted to introduce the Fasttrack scheme?

Averages have always had the potential to be skewed even with the old format, it's just far more extreme now with many riders finishing around a 6pt average.

It's nothing weighting couldn't for the large part solve, although there's always going to be a few 'odd' averages.

• Like 2

The word "bet" gives a clue.

And I did say BOTH of them!!

So Coventry the first team completed and coming in 2.3 points below the limit if Woryna is a 5.

So Coventry the first team completed and coming in 2.3 points below the limit if Woryna is a 5.

How can Woryna be a 5, he's got to be at least a 7.

How can Woryna be a 5, he's got to be at least a 7.

Because he rides in reserve in the Polish 2nd division and it on a par with Jamrog and Wozniak who started last year on 5. Make him 7 if it makes you feel better - he still fits!