British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Carlisle Speedway/calling Workington Fans

Adrian's book was published in 2004.

If you can't find it in a shop you could try the publishing company: Tempus Publishing Ltd. The Mill, Brimscombe Port, Stroud, Gloucs GL5 2QG.

It's a great read if you're interested in the history of speedway in places such as Workington, Blackpool, Preston, Burnley etc.

yep , now i have seen the front cover of the book . that was the item i seen in the shop window. .......... the grey matter is still working !

no book in m moons book shop at the moment .

Edited by jenga

Adrian's book was published in 2004.

If you can't find it in a shop you could try the publishing company: Tempus Publishing Ltd. The Mill, Brimscombe Port, Stroud, Gloucs GL5 2QG.

It's a great read if you're interested in the history of speedway in places such as Workington, Blackpool, Preston, Burnley etc.

i know adrian was once a forum member

havnt seen him at workington recently but im sure he is still a fan of the sport

My thanks to all of you who have taken the time to add to the thread. With my A-Z of defunct Speedway I live in hope that someone has some photos or memories of any of the dozens of defunct tracks, Carlisle included! so drag your grannies out of their maximum security twi-light homes and get them to get their old photies out for me please :lol:

Speaking of Carlisle. The floods over there are serious. My sympathy to anyone displaced by the diabolical British weather. I live in a village up a hill in Co Durham and we get buffeted every time it gets windy, nail biting stuff with each gust we worry will the roof take it!! :o The floods however are far worse than my wind exposed house suffers.

• Like 1

things have certainly changed since them days ........